• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Jul 25, 2001
8.9

1. MWieds
    Sep 29, 2001
    This game is THE perfect platformer. It's simple, fast, and visually appealing (just how I like my women LOL). What the hell is up with Gaming Age and their measley 82? That score is for games like "Time Splitters" that are okay but eventually start to suck. If anyone gives it a score below that, they should be backhanded with extreme prejudice!
  2. AlexS.
    Oct 19, 2001
    I think this game is very addictive. I played the demo for about 10 minutes. I wanted to buy the series!
  3. MichelleV.
    Aug 22, 2001
    It's cool.
  4. CameronT.J.
    Dec 23, 2001
    Best game I got out of about twenty!
  5. Jun 29, 2012
    I'm not a huge fan of platformer games. Klonoa 2 is one of the few I play. Gameplay is 2d.5, but all does visually in 3D. Klonoa 2 is one of the better looking PS2 titles even today. The game is charming at best. Worth a rating of 9 or 10. Its simple, but fun.
  6. SYC
    May 29, 2007
    The PS2 is home to some of the best platformers ever made. and for me, this is the best of the lot! Simple but well thought out, balanced and addictive. Klonoa 2 manages to invoke a calm determination while playing that not many games can capture. An outstanding platform game by any measure and my personal favorite of all time. It's just a shame that it didn't get the attention The PS2 is home to some of the best platformers ever made. and for me, this is the best of the lot! Simple but well thought out, balanced and addictive. Klonoa 2 manages to invoke a calm determination while playing that not many games can capture. An outstanding platform game by any measure and my personal favorite of all time. It's just a shame that it didn't get the attention it rightly deserves. Expand
  7. ZiggyStardust
    Nov 11, 2002
    Far too short!! But otherwise excellent.
  8. RyoM.
    Nov 16, 2001
    Cool!! Just have to have it! The best adventure game on the PS2. Cute wonderful game. I said it again: Cooooool!!!
  9. GreenL.
    Nov 5, 2001
    A very cute game, also very fun. A must have game!
    Jan 2, 2002
    VERY GOOD!
  11. TianTianZ.
    Apr 25, 2002
    I can't live one day without playing it! really! It's the best game out there!!! I think there should be a commercial for it! So every one will see how cool and great this game is!!!
  12. SummerA.
    Jun 17, 2002
    The game was great but to easy. I finished the game in two days. But I still think the game was a lot of fun.
  13. B.C.C.
    Jul 8, 2002
    Klonoa!!!!!!! beat it, in about 1 day. Very cute, confusing at times, you have to think hard, very hard.
  14. Kidderkills
    Apr 5, 2005
    Trust me, if I could have given it a higher rating, I would have, this the greatest platform game, in fact THE greatest game in the history of the universe. Klonoa 2, like the original Klonoa, has enough plot twist and addictive levels to hook any gamer! PS. Another gamer on this sight called the surfing levels "Half-hearted", to that gamer I say "you're lucky you didn't have to Trust me, if I could have given it a higher rating, I would have, this the greatest platform game, in fact THE greatest game in the history of the universe. Klonoa 2, like the original Klonoa, has enough plot twist and addictive levels to hook any gamer! PS. Another gamer on this sight called the surfing levels "Half-hearted", to that gamer I say "you're lucky you didn't have to put your real adrtess to get onto this sight, DO NOT KNOCK THE SURFING LEVELS!" Expand
  15. PatrickM.
    Oct 26, 2001
    Beautiful 3D graphics, classic 2D platform gameplay. A must own for classic gaming enthusiasts. May not be your cup of tea if you're expecting true 3D platforming -- this game is 2D at heart.
  16. RaymondV.
    Aug 20, 2001
    It's the best looking PS2 title out there! Very addictive!
  17. ToniH.
    Oct 9, 2002
    I love this game! Leorina and Tat are definatly my faves! I can't put the controller down once I start playing. I can't play it right now anyway because my brother's TV speakers are busted right now.
  18. Shaina
    Jul 17, 2002
    This game was terriffic! Leorina was really neat for a platformer villainess.
  19. Budok
    Aug 4, 2004
    Before i played Klonoa 2 I rented first the Klonoa Door to Phantomile and i Found both games to be fun in a simple style yet with a good story and a sad ending, although the game is rather too short but still it could entertain you for a few hours. Anyway i recommend first playing the old klonoa version before playing the second installation so you could appreciate the game.(",)
  20. AnonymousMC
    Oct 26, 2007
    Without a doubt the most underrated platformer of our generation. The graphics are some of the most beautiful on the PS2 and the gameplay is highly entertaining with satisfying challenges and innovative (hell it nearly perfected the 2.5D genre of gaming). If you can look past the cuesy atmosphere, You'll find a game ready to be enjoyed in both gameplay and story.
  21. LeoP.
    Nov 26, 2001
    Three words.......Oh....My......GOD!!!!!
  22. HelenO'H.
    Nov 26, 2001
    Best. Platform. Ever. Don't belive me? Well, take a cute cartoon character, add addictive gameplay, with a hint of 2D, a sack full of 3D, and awesome soundtrack. You must buy this game. Now. Or, get the demo. NOW!!!!!
  23. KLAX
    Feb 23, 2002
    Klonoa 2, like its predecessor, is pure platformer perfection. So wonderful is this gaming experience that I forgive the halfhearted 'surfing' levels.
  24. Mar 13, 2013
    A fun, clever, and well made 2D platformer that exists in a 3D conscious universe. On top of its varied and solid use of platformer conventions, Klonoa 2 manages to intertwine the dimension of depth into not only its gameplay but also its engrossing environments. Between its gameplay, lively worlds, charming cast of characters, and music that just might have you humming along, The isn't aA fun, clever, and well made 2D platformer that exists in a 3D conscious universe. On top of its varied and solid use of platformer conventions, Klonoa 2 manages to intertwine the dimension of depth into not only its gameplay but also its engrossing environments. Between its gameplay, lively worlds, charming cast of characters, and music that just might have you humming along, The isn't a game any platformer fan should be without. Expand
  25. Mar 10, 2013
    My very first game ever. I will never sell/trade or whatever this game for anything. It's beautiful. I don't want to get emotional so I'll stop know.
    10/10 Masterpiece all the way.
  26. Mar 4, 2014
    Very good gameplay and style, this platformer would be, perfect for children and the young at heart. Personally I found it too cute, never could get into it and ended up selling it. I think the only platform games I still own are Jak III and Ratched III (they feature guns, alright), oh and a Pac Man one, so I guess it's just not my favourite genre.
    It is a very good game though for what it is.
  27. Sep 17, 2014
    When I first heard about this game I had no **** clue what it was or whether or not it was any good. So I brought a second-hand copy off of Ebay, waited anxiously for the games arrival. And on the morning that the game was supposed to arrive I just HAD to see a review of this game so I had to see a review of it. I saw one from CJSZero01 and regreted the purchase. But then I played theWhen I first heard about this game I had no **** clue what it was or whether or not it was any good. So I brought a second-hand copy off of Ebay, waited anxiously for the games arrival. And on the morning that the game was supposed to arrive I just HAD to see a review of this game so I had to see a review of it. I saw one from CJSZero01 and regreted the purchase. But then I played the game....

It was so awesome! It has the best gameplay that I have EVER seen in the platformer. The game is a 2.5D PUZZLE platformer. That's right, i consider this to be a part puzzle game. Most of the levels have you doing puzzles to advance. Some of these puzzles include, get this... throwing enemies into the background and foreground. You have to grab enemies and throw them to kill enemies and solve puzzles. You can also use them to have an extra jump. Oh btw if you hold down the jump button you can do a little flutter jump i guess you can say....

Now the game's art-style is shell-shading. I personally love this art-style. Mixing that in with 2.5D is genius. Some of the levels environments are really good and some's backgrounds are SO good that I think I'm playing a Wii game! the enemies look really nice and are very bright and colourful. The game can also be really cute for the first half of the game. The second half has a much darker and sinister tone to the first half. I'm really fond of this switch in tone.

The music is... Well I don't know really. None of the music stuck with me! I like the sound FX I guess.

The bosses are really easy but VERY creative. Easy is a good word to describe this game. the game JUST about touches on hard right at the end.

Overall, Klonoa 2 is my favourite PS2 game and platformer of all time. I highly recommend you pick up a copy.
  28. Jan 13, 2015
    Klonoa 2 is a near perfect platformer, it's only minor duds are its short length and little replay value, other than that, this is one of gaming's most underrated classics.

1. The music almost has a Mario-like atmosphere to it although with some weird Japanese sound to it, which is great to hear while playing a platformer.
  2. Oh sweet mother of mercy, this is why I picked up a joystick in the first place. Klonoa 2 is as close to a flawless game as I've ever seen.
    While the story isn't quite as moving as the original, Klonoa 2 has a wonderful mix of action, great control, nice challenge (if you try to really complete the game), and just beautiful presentation.