7.6

1. AnthraxMailbag
    Feb 3, 2004
    As u know, i have a very good talent on rating games (my reviews can be read on such games as socom2.) the game starts off with u,( a mentally retarted taxi driver), going to give three italien morrocon men a ride to club bojangles. they pay a fair of 5 yengs. u are deeple unhappy with this amount of money. therefore ur character whips out a sword and starts to slash at the wild Bonjagnle As u know, i have a very good talent on rating games (my reviews can be read on such games as socom2.) the game starts off with u,( a mentally retarted taxi driver), going to give three italien morrocon men a ride to club bojangles. they pay a fair of 5 yengs. u are deeple unhappy with this amount of money. therefore ur character whips out a sword and starts to slash at the wild Bonjagnle men. they fight back throwing stones at u, which i find deeply erotic. this causes ur character ( shamu )to go to hospital, where he wakes up from a 3000000000 year comma. U are now a very upset man, and want ur revenge upon these evildoers. u set out on ur mission in a place called the city of devils. it is here where u must battle up to 30292934840272274048 evil devils. they have the magical ability to ram pineapples up ur ass, this can cause great damage to Shamu(sadly) if SHamu has to many pineapples up his ass, he may explode, and then DIE(wouldn't u know) I and my freinds(of which i have none) also find this to be erotic, and allow SHamu to continuely have pinapples rammed up his ass for pleasure, like they say in urzbikastan, pain for pleasure. BUY THIS GAME it is very erotic and magistical. WAIt im not finished, there is also a leader of these evil devils, his name being BABU the GREAT, ur character findz out in the end that he is ur father. u then become even more depresseddd in the game, and then go onto living a very sad lifee, that is what happens in the end, honest trust me. read Anthrax's socom2 review. Collapse
  2. ZG.
    Jul 8, 2005
    It is soooo awesome!!!!!! When u play it you feel like you are back in time. Best game ever. Buy It!!!!!
  3. TuomasK.
    Jan 26, 2004
    Much better looking in PS2 than PC, but Getaway is still much better.
  4. SulaimanA.
    Aug 27, 2005
    Mafia was the best game i ever had i just hope the next version of this game should be better and the main person should not die in the end.
  5. FredC.
    Jan 26, 2004
    10 out of 10...this game is awesome now that its on PS2, it had to many programming problems when it came to the PC...
  6. PIRANHAg.
    Jan 7, 2004
    Well i´m a lucky bastard cause i already have the final version to ps2 (not gonna say how, cause.. you guys know why) and it just kicks nice arses. Gameplay is just a bit frisky
  7. WimB.
    Apr 16, 2004
    I tried, I really did! Ooh I tried so hard to play the fu..ing game!
  8. WimB.
    Apr 16, 2004
    I tried, I really did! Ooh I tried so hard to play the fu..ing game!
  9. MattS.
    Jan 30, 2004
    A great game. Good story line, and the only problem is that there is more driving missions than shooting, but with a free drive mode that lets you just roam the city(on foot and car) with a thompson gun, shotgun, and handgun, I think that should satisfy every ruthless killer, among us. And the police work good too. Like only getting tickets for speeding and running redlights, to arrests A great game. Good story line, and the only problem is that there is more driving missions than shooting, but with a free drive mode that lets you just roam the city(on foot and car) with a thompson gun, shotgun, and handgun, I think that should satisfy every ruthless killer, among us. And the police work good too. Like only getting tickets for speeding and running redlights, to arrests for hitting people. And the classic cars OOhh the classic cars, A very good game, I would buy it, not rent it. Expand
  10. OmarM.
    May 4, 2004
    This game is all right, I mean its not the best nor the worst game I've played. If your debating whether or not to buy it. BUY IT! It's good enough for your time.
  11. JoeyL.
    Feb 21, 2005
    I gave this game a 7. i have it on both ps2 and pc. altyhough it is good on both if you are going to buy it and dont know wheather to but it for ps2 or pc get it for pc. i would give it a 9 or a 10 for pc. good game but better on pc.
  12. MansoorS.
    Jan 27, 2004
    This game is a must i recommend u get this game B4 its sold out. trust me this gme is awesome. a masterpiece!
  13. MikeD.
    Feb 8, 2004
    "Mafia" is a very good game, but not a great one. You have to expect the graphics to look blockier than the PC version -- it's an unfair comparison. This game would have looked fine in 2000, but not four years later. But a fantastic story and exciting gameplay make up for the graphic's shortcomings. The shooting takes a while to get used to, but once you do, the shootouts are "Mafia" is a very good game, but not a great one. You have to expect the graphics to look blockier than the PC version -- it's an unfair comparison. This game would have looked fine in 2000, but not four years later. But a fantastic story and exciting gameplay make up for the graphic's shortcomings. The shooting takes a while to get used to, but once you do, the shootouts are thrilling and fun. The story and atmosphere are what this game is about and sets it apart. At least give "Mafia" a rental. Expand
  14. JohnC.
    May 28, 2004
    My only criticism of this game is that it is slooow! Mind you it is set in the 1930's when cars didn't go that fast, especially uphill apparently, that and the loading screens - but even GTA Vice city had that. Great missions, great variety, nice visuals, good storyline and a believable lead character...Great, but not GTA Lost Heaven!
  15. Batmanas[foasfo[
    Aug 30, 2004
    A crappy port...graphics were dumbed down on the PS2 and Xbox versions of this game...the graphics were really good on the PC and they look like crap on the consoles...Even the framerate was worse on the consoles...which was surprising...the game was just not as fun playing when it looked that bad.
  16. SanjeevK.
    Feb 18, 2004
    I played it on pc, and now on ps2 this is an amazing game to play, i realy like this game because they refers to my favourite movie, GOODFELLAS!
  17. ProvoloneG.
    Feb 28, 2004
    Bad conversion !
  18. Sep 12, 2013
    A decent enough GTA wannabe that does what it set out to do. But for the most part I felt the game was lacking. Story is good, but short. Graphics a pretty and detailed, but also dull and boring to look, and gameplay is fun, but pacing feels a little slow at times.

Overall: An OK game that clearly had great ambition, but could have used a larger studio backing the development as it

Overall:
    An OK game that clearly had great ambition, but could have used a larger studio backing the development as it does feel a little limited.

1. The sense of atmosphere and ambience from the excellent PC version is all but gone from the PS2 version, with stiff controls, dumb AI, long loading times and tons of strange bugs. Overall, the gameplay is a shell of the PC version.
  2. When it's good it's fantastic, but when it's not it's a spirit sapping experience. That's Mafia in a nutshell - a flawed classic that'll certainly provide good rental value if nothing else.
  3. This late in the PS2 life cycle, there really isn't any excuse for a port that is so shoddy, especially when it is coming a year and a half later than the original release.