8.2

1. Feb 9, 2011
    This is a game that should have failed miserably but instead you get a really deep experience, the story is complex and surprisingly deep, the gameplay is solid, and it's just a blast to play, the graphics are great, the sound is outstanding, the controls are good but you'll mostly use them for button mashing, it has an rpg like effect that succeeds in the end, all in all it's all theThis is a game that should have failed miserably but instead you get a really deep experience, the story is complex and surprisingly deep, the gameplay is solid, and it's just a blast to play, the graphics are great, the sound is outstanding, the controls are good but you'll mostly use them for button mashing, it has an rpg like effect that succeeds in the end, all in all it's all the characters and all the hidden secrets and side quests that kept me coming back for more, it has some great co-op too, if you like Marvel and there games than this is a game that will find it's way into your heart and into your collection. Expand
  2. YanivA.
    Dec 2, 2006
    Best super hero game - I played it over and over and over and over.... Just the replay value is immense.
  3. LamoS.
    Apr 22, 2007
    I don't generally play games of this type, so I don't know how it stacks up against other action-rpgs, but as a Marvel fan it's a godsend. Unlocking the characters and trying out everyone's moves is fun enough to distract you from any of the flaws in the gameplay. It's also a huge step beyond the X-Men Legends games. The environments are more lively and diverse, I don't generally play games of this type, so I don't know how it stacks up against other action-rpgs, but as a Marvel fan it's a godsend. Unlocking the characters and trying out everyone's moves is fun enough to distract you from any of the flaws in the gameplay. It's also a huge step beyond the X-Men Legends games. The environments are more lively and diverse, the controls are more intuitive, and the characters are cooler and more colorful. The gameplay is repetitive of course, but so much great stuff is thrown at you so often that you don't really care. My only real gripe is with the voice acting. At first it was fun in a hokey, over-the-top way, but it gets ridiculous to the point of being annoying eventually. Still, this game is fun as hell. Expand
  4. MattH.
    Aug 13, 2007
    An exellent game ,iI love the fact that you get 20 playable characters at the start with upgradeable attacks ! A great game I would recomend this to all you marvel fans!

1. Appealing to a multitude of fans, including those of Marvel, action-RPGs and multiplayer, most gamers should feel little hesitation in giving Marvel: Ultimate Alliance a try.
  2. Decent comic book effort which certainly captures the Marvel spirit. Unlikely to become as revered as the icons that star in it, though. [Christmas 2006, p.97]
  3. Ultimate Alliance may be schlocky and unrefined, but the endless Dream Team combinations of Marvel super and not-so-super heroes prove irresistible.