8.7

1. Mar 20, 2015
    It's so funny to watch the bad reviews of someone. You need to make a review and thinkin of the time that he game was released.

This game was created 2001!!!! 2001!!!. I mean seriously, put me an overall game of that year and compared to this.....i remember the first time i play this it was 2004 or 2005, and i like the game so much, it was like "a good game for that years", but then

This game was created 2001!!!! 2001!!!.

I mean seriously, put me an overall game of that year and compared to this.....i remember the first time i play this it was 2004 or 2005, and i like the game so much, it was like "a good game for that years", but then i realised that this was one of the first PS2 games, and the first games was really so wack.

Look at the PES games, it was he same but with betters graphics compared to the PSOne, same for all the others saga, expect Metal gear and Grand Theft Auto the two games use the full-potential of the tech of the PS2 by that time.

This was the first GREAT game for the PS2, and i really need to put a 10 on this. Because, if i was playing this on 2001 it's obviously that i will be shocked. Look the youtube videos of the CES 1999 and 2000, the people can't believe it the amazing graphics.

The story was not the better compared with the others titles of the saga, but i really appreciate the work of Kojima to try to put a very complete history. With this game he says than this saga was based on the history more than the game, and that's how the real fans get it. Most of the people don't understand that, but i prefer to play this than watching a movie..Some people just seeing movies, others just play games, i prefer a large movie that i can feel like i'm the protagonist of that, and Kojima knows how to do it.
  2. Dec 10, 2014
    So what if this game has a confusing storyline. Maybe if you pay close enough attention you'd realise that how deep and an accurate description of society this game is. The gameplay and graphics have vastly improved and the main character is a perfect example of the average gamer. We are all effected and created by the memes of our society and this game nails it here. Ofcourse cod playersSo what if this game has a confusing storyline. Maybe if you pay close enough attention you'd realise that how deep and an accurate description of society this game is. The gameplay and graphics have vastly improved and the main character is a perfect example of the average gamer. We are all effected and created by the memes of our society and this game nails it here. Ofcourse cod players rating this game don't understand that. The game requires you to be technical not go in shooting everything in sight. The game's length also depends on the difficulty you play on on very easy it's between 4-5 hours with out cutscenes and as you go up to European extreme the game is over 14 hours. Overall this is one of the greatest games I have ever played. Expand
  3. Dec 10, 2014
    One of the most anticipated sequels of all time, "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty" is bigger, and mostly better. Graphics and art design still looks amazing over 13 years later, very life like character animations, fantastic voice acting, wide cast of interesting characters and better stealth mechanics make "MGS2" the definition of a sequel done right. And after awhile, I learned toOne of the most anticipated sequels of all time, "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty" is bigger, and mostly better. Graphics and art design still looks amazing over 13 years later, very life like character animations, fantastic voice acting, wide cast of interesting characters and better stealth mechanics make "MGS2" the definition of a sequel done right. And after awhile, I learned to appreciate the most over the top story I have ever experienced. Expand
  4. Nov 5, 2014
    I remember when this game first came out and all of us were like stunned by the details and the graphics, it's amazing what the series became. Anyways, sorry so back on point, this game is amazing. It's not overly long, but just right and it's sad at some parts and can be challenging if you want to make it that way. I beat it first then went back and tried doing mostly stealth kills whichI remember when this game first came out and all of us were like stunned by the details and the graphics, it's amazing what the series became. Anyways, sorry so back on point, this game is amazing. It's not overly long, but just right and it's sad at some parts and can be challenging if you want to make it that way. I beat it first then went back and tried doing mostly stealth kills which makes you learn to appreciate the game a lot more. This is definitely one of the best PS2 games of all times, and you should try it if you're able to find it. It's definitely worth time you put into it. Expand
  5. Oct 25, 2014
    Do I even have to say anything about this.It is in my top 5 best ps2 games of all time and it was easily the best game of 2001.Well done Konami and Hideo Kojima,you gave us one of the best games of all time !!!
  6. Sep 22, 2014
    Best game, would fap again. Yeah, boo **** hoo you're not snake, but it's still really fun. Nude run and final boss battle made it the most bestest MLG game ever.
  7. Aug 22, 2014
    Despite being not as big as mgs1 and making you play as raiden instead of snake. Mgs2 still does a lot of things right, it has simpler controls, it added new (and good) stealth mechanics. And the gameplay is way more accesoble for new players.
  8. Jul 16, 2014
    the gameplay is absolute bliss, the story although very complicated, is very interesting and a huge asset to the appeal of the game. there are a few things wrong though. I do wish you could play as snake, because raiden does get pretty annoying, but after a while once you get to learn more about his character, he doesn't end up being that bad, infact I like raiden. the plot sometimes feelsthe gameplay is absolute bliss, the story although very complicated, is very interesting and a huge asset to the appeal of the game. there are a few things wrong though. I do wish you could play as snake, because raiden does get pretty annoying, but after a while once you get to learn more about his character, he doesn't end up being that bad, infact I like raiden. the plot sometimes feels ridiculous because of all the twists and turns it takes throughout the entire game, but is still enjoyable and quite necessary to set the plot for future titles. I love this game, but I don't think its quite as good as the first game which I consider a perfect game, this one having a few problems which in reality are just popular nitpicks among players Expand
  9. Jul 6, 2014
    If you have a PS2 or PC (MGS2: Substance) buy this. Best game ever what I played. Good story, Good Characters... But the only problem the little hard control this problem after 10 minutes playing not hard.
  10. Jun 23, 2014
    Several years after their release I finally start dip my toe into the PS2 era Metal Gear games. Initial feelings are mixed, I can't see what the fuss is about; the controls are obtuse, clunky. The camera angles are a nuisance and movement is non-intuitive - it's hard to get Snake/Raiden to do anything I want them to. After a couple of false starts I persevere, the story is instantlySeveral years after their release I finally start dip my toe into the PS2 era Metal Gear games. Initial feelings are mixed, I can't see what the fuss is about; the controls are obtuse, clunky. The camera angles are a nuisance and movement is non-intuitive - it's hard to get Snake/Raiden to do anything I want them to. After a couple of false starts I persevere, the story is instantly compelling, but the gameplay isn't doing it for me. The constant interruptions from radio and custcenes are frustrating and I feel like I might as well be watching a film. TEN hours later - finished. Christ, why didn't you just make a film? I think out of those ten hours, I spent about three, maybe four actually in control. Not to beat about the bush, this is exceptional, outstanding entertainment. The story is incredible - at the seventh hour - about the time we enter Metal Gear Arsenal, MGS2 is running on pure awesome. Expand
  11. May 20, 2014
    Quite possibly one of the best intro of gaming history and a great presentation to a man that was abused to kill other people it's shocking; the graphics are the best of it's time, the acting impressive the characters lips look great. The setting beautifully created and realistic for it's time, a few new tricks of it's slew for unique stealth a first person aiming but the downside of itQuite possibly one of the best intro of gaming history and a great presentation to a man that was abused to kill other people it's shocking; the graphics are the best of it's time, the acting impressive the characters lips look great. The setting beautifully created and realistic for it's time, a few new tricks of it's slew for unique stealth a first person aiming but the downside of it is that the player can't walk while aiming. Atleast gives tactical advantage over where I am going to hide? it's just great. Perfect cut-scenes with unique characters to show but horrible choice from using more raiden than SNAKE! prevents it from making the game even longer so I give this game a 9.1607 out of 10. Expand
  12. Mar 15, 2014
    This game somehow manages to take the original Metal Gear Solid, which was a masterpiece in its own right, and one up it in almost every aspect. Sure, the bosses aka. Dead Cell in Sons of Liberty don't leave quite the impression that FOXHOUND did on the player in MGS1 and the boss fights are less imaginative as well as less difficult, the overall gameplay of MGS2 is much more complex andThis game somehow manages to take the original Metal Gear Solid, which was a masterpiece in its own right, and one up it in almost every aspect. Sure, the bosses aka. Dead Cell in Sons of Liberty don't leave quite the impression that FOXHOUND did on the player in MGS1 and the boss fights are less imaginative as well as less difficult, the overall gameplay of MGS2 is much more complex and ultimately superior. Expand
  13. Jan 23, 2014
    Great game. Don't understand the hate for it. Sure the story may not be that great, but the game play was fun. Kind of like Crisis core. Great game play, ignorable story. And you also can't call Raiden a cry baby and ignore it when Cloud does it.
  14. Oct 13, 2013
    With the success of MGS1, Kojima was catapulted into superstardom, He got his big break and by 1999 he had already finished the outline to a sequel.

The 1999 draft was translated into English a few years later and the game was originally going to be called "Metal Gear Solid III" to represent Manhattan 's three tallest skyscrapers, the new protagonist Raiden was created to be more appealing to women, become a "Dr. Watson" to Solid Snakes "Holmes" helping us to provide an alternate view on a character who pretty much became an icon in the industry.

A few original ideas had Snake looking for Nuclear weapons in Iraq and Iran culminating in another Metal Gear encounter as well as the return of Liquid Snake, political correctness and growing tension between countries ended this setup and due to the horrific 9/11 attacks the games ending was heavily altered to remove scenes of destruction and American symbolism.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty was released November 2001 on the PS2. The exposure and marketing of this game was insane, Harry Gregson Williams was brought in to compose the soundtrack, The graphics and gameplay had a major overhaul and Konami had released titles featuring demos, merchandise and game stills none of which featured the inevitable main protagonist Raiden.

MGS2 is split into two chapters. Chapter 1 "The Tanker incident" is set in 2007. Snake (David Hayter) and Otacon have formed an organization "Philanthropy" specifically created with the purpose to destroy all Metal Gears after becoming available on the black market due to Ocelot, Whilst Infiltrating a Tanker supposedly holding an "Anti-Metal Gear" Metal Gear the military operated ship is hijacked by Russian soldiers in cahoots with Ocelot who plan to steal the new amphibious Metal Gear RAY. Snake makes he's way to the storage hold in time to see Ocelot reveal his true intentions betraying the Russians, and escaping the sinking ship in MG RAY, seeing Snake Ocelot's mind is suddenly taken over by that of Liquids and Snake observes that Ocelot has Liquids arm grafted onto his body (Ocelot lost his arm to Gray Fox in the previous game).

Chapter 2 "The Plant" begins in 2009 on an oil rig that was designed to clean up the tanker incident two years prior. the terrorist unit "Dead Cell" and their leader "Solid Snake" have claimed the plant plus the president and hostages at ransom demanding billions or they will create the "worst natural disaster in history". A Reformed FOXHOUND run by Col. Campbell sends a soldier codenamed Snake to save the president and stop the terrorists, It is here revealed that a new protagonist Raiden (Quinton Flynn) not featured in any box art or hinted anywhere is to be the star of MGS2. What happens next is a story of plot twists, bizarre coincidences, new characters, long cutscenes and overall a moral that becomes ridiculously full circle towards the end of the game and is executed so well most people associated MGS2 as the first example of post modern video gaming.

Raiden would leave a sour taste in many peoples mouth, true the execution is very flawed considering how adult the situation is. it was obvious that in Japan he became a very popular manga hero whereas many people in the west would be left polarized, in all honesty however it's not THAT bad and considering it's now 2013 and how drastic the character has changed, I do miss seeing a little bit of a naïve Raiden as it was obvious he would never the god-like status Snake reached.

Snake is back as this ridiculous fighting force by Hayter's performance satisfying fans and relaying wisdom to Raiden with the help of Otacon and his sister Emma, Sadly though the villians all have little to no personality other than shallow motives, I know that's a horrible thing to say but look how astonishingly fleshed out MGS1's villians were. Vamp is a goddamn vampire which is never explained until future sequels, Fortune (Lady Luck) remains completely unsympathetic throughout. Fatman's gone in seconds and "Solid"-us Snake the THIRD clone of the Big Boss Lineage has interesting ambitions yet terrible execution. Ocelot however continues to steal the show throughout revealing ridiculously large intentions, making him my favourite antagonist in any video game series.

The music cues are wonderfully superb as ever, the story's pace falls flat in some areas regardless of 45min cutscenes, BUT when the overall plot unfolds you will be stunned at how well Kojima nailed the hammer on the head in regards of not playing to audiences expectations, the inevitable future of the internet, being a pawn in a situation, Censorship and leaving a legacy etc.

Overall Kojima had the once in a lifetime chance of giving the player something back, if there's is anything to take from Playing MGS2 is that it is possible to be moved regardless whatever form of media and for the time it was released THAT'S AMBITIOUS. I do like MGS2 but it is a diamond in the rough that is far from polishe
  15. Sep 1, 2013
    One of my personal favorite games, and one of the best to grace itself on the PS2. Having not played Guns or the Patriots yet, this is by far the best in the series. The storyline, while outlandish and silly, is still engaging, shocking and damn right one of the best in a video game. The graphics were stunning, the gameplay updated loveably from the first, and the characters feel likeOne of my personal favorite games, and one of the best to grace itself on the PS2. Having not played Guns or the Patriots yet, this is by far the best in the series. The storyline, while outlandish and silly, is still engaging, shocking and damn right one of the best in a video game. The graphics were stunning, the gameplay updated loveably from the first, and the characters feel like people rather than goals to be reached.
    I see people saying don't fall for the hype, don't waste your money. Rubbish. We, the people make hype for games, and this game deserves it, and your money. Stealth action at its best, its still one of the most decent games money can buy.
  16. Aug 30, 2013
    While not as great as the original it did improve the gameplay of the series by a lot. First person mode aiming for every weapon, and all the cool melee moves, interrogating the guards, shooting them in the leg were all fun stuff to do... The storyline is its only lackluster field in my opinion but I guess this can be understood, since it was one of the very first games for the ps2, so theWhile not as great as the original it did improve the gameplay of the series by a lot. First person mode aiming for every weapon, and all the cool melee moves, interrogating the guards, shooting them in the leg were all fun stuff to do... The storyline is its only lackluster field in my opinion but I guess this can be understood, since it was one of the very first games for the ps2, so the technical part might have been more important to the devs. Expand
  17. Aug 25, 2013
    Metal Gear Solid is an absolutely remarkable series. The first MGS game is the first title in a very long time that I remember wanting to play again immediately after finishing it, and I did the same with this one. The soundtrack is fantastic, from the actual music, to the way the guns sound to the sound of footsteps; all amazing. The graphics were stellar for the time period. The gameplayMetal Gear Solid is an absolutely remarkable series. The first MGS game is the first title in a very long time that I remember wanting to play again immediately after finishing it, and I did the same with this one. The soundtrack is fantastic, from the actual music, to the way the guns sound to the sound of footsteps; all amazing. The graphics were stellar for the time period. The gameplay is some of the best I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. There are however, a few minor detractors for me:

1: Raiden. The popular complaint. I just didn't like his character. Over the top annoying and emotional.
    2: (Spoilers): The Metal Gear Ray boss fight. Not difficult once you know what to do, but so horribly repetitive.
    3: The dialogue between Raiden and Rose is just...so unnecessary and cheesy.
    4: The story at times feels convoluted, but it's actually really great in my opinion.

That's really all I can say that is negative about this game. It is one of the greatest games I have ever played. With that said, I know these games are not for everyone. I, however, absolutely love them and that's why this game, as well as the first MGS, both get 10's from me.
  18. Aug 19, 2013
    This is the first MGS I"ve ever played ,(I never had a PS1 growing up), so I played it with an un bias outlook. So how does hold up? It holds up very well. The stealth mechanic is very engaging and every detail added, whether it's the AI or the easter eggs, adds a great deal of atmosphere. It does suffer from terrible writing, such as forced exposition, overdrawn cutscenes, and lacklusterThis is the first MGS I"ve ever played ,(I never had a PS1 growing up), so I played it with an un bias outlook. So how does hold up? It holds up very well. The stealth mechanic is very engaging and every detail added, whether it's the AI or the easter eggs, adds a great deal of atmosphere. It does suffer from terrible writing, such as forced exposition, overdrawn cutscenes, and lackluster characters. Sons of Liberty is a well done game and worth playing if its your first MGS game, because playing it after MGS will probably anger you to no end. Expand
  19. Aug 12, 2013
    Definitely one of the better games of the Metal Gear series, and of the entire Play Station 2 era as a whole. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty takes the action and stealth gameplay of the first game, amps it up tenfold, and continues the driving narrative as well. The controls are one hundred percent tighter and easier to handle, and the major improvements made to the already winningDefinitely one of the better games of the Metal Gear series, and of the entire Play Station 2 era as a whole. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty takes the action and stealth gameplay of the first game, amps it up tenfold, and continues the driving narrative as well. The controls are one hundred percent tighter and easier to handle, and the major improvements made to the already winning formula make for one heck of an experience. Truly a legacy series and truly one of the better games in that series second only to MGS4 at this time. Expand
  20. Aug 11, 2013
    This game is a real trip. Strange and cheesy, it still manages to be really cool in its execution. The spltting of the story is a powerful choice, but hasn't been seen by many fans as a good one. I tend to disagree. Raiden, who at first seems like an excuse to create a more anime-centric character, comes into his own rather quickly. He has a personality and style all his own, but stillThis game is a real trip. Strange and cheesy, it still manages to be really cool in its execution. The spltting of the story is a powerful choice, but hasn't been seen by many fans as a good one. I tend to disagree. Raiden, who at first seems like an excuse to create a more anime-centric character, comes into his own rather quickly. He has a personality and style all his own, but still controls like Snake in the long run. It might as well be a skin swap.
    Having played this directly after the first Metal Gear Solid, a few aspects of this game stood out as improvements, and others detracted. A great improvement was made to gunplay, which was clunky on the directional pad, but shines a little brighter on a stick. The character movement is better as well, allowing for various speeds of stealth. One thing that caught me a bit off guard was the enemy ai, that at times seems very sensitive, and at other times they are dull as rocks. It's a frustrating thing to often trudge through the trial and error, but I feel like this was done on purpose to create a greater sense of urgency. Like most of Kojima's games, it is pretty genuine in its design. It allows itself to be more than what you see, and this installment adds more depth and sophistication to an already established system. There is an "epic" atmosphere, even in confined halls or battling ridiculous bosses.
    The conspiracies run deep in this one, and at first glance the plot is a bit of a cluster but a person willing to pay attention will find a detailed tale full of political intrigue and mystery. Even the inclusion of the oddly named "Solidus" wasn't so bad. The controls are a bit dated now and some practice is needed, but it shouldn't be a problem for someone committing to a good time. This is the real dividing point in the series, you can take it or leave it. It doesn't capture the same charm as the first, but its attention to detail is so strong it outplays many games even now.
  21. Jul 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. where do i start? the story is mind boggling even with multiple playthroughs and looking at people talking about the game on youtube and you will never understand it all.

the gameplay is true to the original and is enhanced with the pressure sensitive buttons on the ps2 and ps3 controllers,

this is the first metal gear i have played and it is still my favorite even if you dont play as snake.
    this and mgs 4 are my favorites even though they are almost movies.
  22. Jul 11, 2013
    A simplified review for novice gamers
    Graphics:
    Impressive visuals feels a little cartoonic but still its great
    Sound:
    nicely done
    Game play:
    Classic metal gear style
    Story:
    Amazing story line
    overall MGS2 is a well made game but not completely
  23. Jun 30, 2013
    Good:Story,Mystic feeling about patriots,Snake,Otacon,Ocelot,solidus,Music.Plot twists.
    Bad:Ending where they show america and snake,raiden telling about joy and etc... things credits music.

Its like a pretty good holywood cinema.
  24. Jun 24, 2013
    This game, in a word, is masterful. Every aspect of this game is well done. The story, while difficult to follow at times, is awesome, full plot twists and emotional moments. The ending in particular has the story transform in ways you would never imagine. The music is just outstanding, namely the main theme and the boss battle music. The gameplay takes everything good about the originalThis game, in a word, is masterful. Every aspect of this game is well done. The story, while difficult to follow at times, is awesome, full plot twists and emotional moments. The ending in particular has the story transform in ways you would never imagine. The music is just outstanding, namely the main theme and the boss battle music. The gameplay takes everything good about the original Metal Gear Solid and just beefs it up to a whole new level. The stealth aspects in particular have evolved exceptionally well. In particular, the ability to hold people up at gunpoint is awesome.
    The biggest complaint with this game is that you don't play as Solid Snake for the majority of it, but rather you play as Raiden. In truth, I really like Raiden as the protagonist. It allows the story center around him and his back story, which allows for more variation in the story. Granted, he's not as cool as Snake, but he's no issue.

This came is a must play for anyone. It truly is a masterpiece.
    9.3/10
  25. Jun 20, 2013
    Kojima,you did it again!
    After superb Metal Gear Solid,you again made the world flip.
    You start with Solid Snake,the hero we all know and love,and theeeeeeeeenn he's (supposedly) dead. Kojima then introduced as to Raiden ,(later) badass who was part in army's 21st trials.(which means he is trained by video games like this) Plot unfolds,Snake isn't dead(YAY!),Liquid isn't actually dead
    Kojima,you did it again!
    After superb Metal Gear Solid,you again made the world flip.
    Kojima then introduced as to Raiden ,(later) badass who was part in army's 21st trials.(which means he is trained by video games like this) Plot unfolds,Snake isn't dead(YAY!),Liquid isn't actually dead (YAY?) and Big Shell incident is a recreation of Shadow Moses. Raiden tries to save president,he dies.
    Raiden tries to save Emma Emmerich,Otacon's sister,she dies by Vamp,romanian wizard with knives.
    Raiden gets naked,gets his stuff back,than gets badass sword.Snake and Raiden go all badass on MG Rex then defeat it.Raiden fights with Solidus Snake,who is supposedly Big Boss's perfect clone.
    Raiden defeats him,credits,end!
    Kojima,you beast,you did it again!
  26. Jun 15, 2013
    So the next game of metal gear solid the first one was amazing and one of the best i've ever played the second one i also amazing it has all the elements of the first one with better graphics the story is a bit complicated but after playing many times you will come to understand it but actually i can't give it 10 out of 10 cause i didn't get to play with snake i didn't really likeSo the next game of metal gear solid the first one was amazing and one of the best i've ever played the second one i also amazing it has all the elements of the first one with better graphics the story is a bit complicated but after playing many times you will come to understand it but actually i can't give it 10 out of 10 cause i didn't get to play with snake i didn't really like raiden in this game but still an amazing game with amazing story Expand
  27. Jun 8, 2013
    Compared to the revolutionary Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation many have judged this sequel to be a disappointment yet, despite its many faults, Sons of Liberty makes for an intriguing gaming experience. The cut scenes may still be too long, the plot pointlessly confusing, Raiden slightly annoying and the oil rig setting certainly lacking in the diversity of the Shadow Moses Facility ofCompared to the revolutionary Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation many have judged this sequel to be a disappointment yet, despite its many faults, Sons of Liberty makes for an intriguing gaming experience. The cut scenes may still be too long, the plot pointlessly confusing, Raiden slightly annoying and the oil rig setting certainly lacking in the diversity of the Shadow Moses Facility of the first game but no series has ever made stealth gameplay anywhere near as enjoyable.

In fact thanks to a number of refinements and additions to the ‘tactical espionage system’ the gameplay itself is actually, for the most part superior to the original even of it is comparatively lacking in the imagination department.

*For those seeking the best of both worlds I would certainly recommend the GameCube/Wii ‘Twin Snakes’ remake of the first title.*
  28. Apr 6, 2013
    a freaking PS2 era masterpiece here you have it the best in the metal gear solid quadrilogy and the series great graphics because it took full advantage of the PS2's hardware and pushed the graphics to the limit and gameplay was super fun i will never forget this game story was freaking amazing too just an amazing masterpiece
  29. Mar 8, 2013
    It had awesome graphics on the ps2, when it was released. Gameplay is also deep and the story knows how to tie you to your console. However in every aspect it is not as good as Metal Gear Solid.
  30. Feb 24, 2013
    This game deserves to be on the hall of fame for the PS2. It was released in 2001, but this game was WAY ahead of its time. And I don't see why people hate Raiden...just saying. Anyway, this game is so awesome that they re-released it in HD (along with MGS3 and Peace Walker) for the PS3, 360 and Vita. So do yourself a favor and get those versions, which are superior to the already awesomeThis game deserves to be on the hall of fame for the PS2. It was released in 2001, but this game was WAY ahead of its time. And I don't see why people hate Raiden...just saying. Anyway, this game is so awesome that they re-released it in HD (along with MGS3 and Peace Walker) for the PS3, 360 and Vita. So do yourself a favor and get those versions, which are superior to the already awesome PS2 version. Expand

1. The environments are amazing, when on the deck of the tank the rain effects are extremely lifelike, along with rain drops hitting the ship and characters.
  2. As stunning and enjoyable as ever. You may feel foolish gripping the controller throughout a 40-minute cut scene, but MGS2 is something which must be experienced.
    MGS2 suffers in its story. I can't spoil it for you, but I can at least warn you to be prepared for a plot that frequently reaches levels of sheer absurdity.