8.7

1. DenzoN.
    Oct 2, 2002
    If you're looking for a shoot'em up game you will not find better than Metal Gear Soild 2. I have clocked it 5 times and i still haven't lost interest.
  2. TomR.
    Jan 1, 2002
    I can't see how anyone can give this game less than a 10 out of 10... it is like playing a movie. If you're looking for non-stop gameplay, go elsewhere, but this storyline, as absurd as it may be at times, thoroughly engulfs you as you become the character you're playing. Never before has this happened to me... this game is truly groundbreaking. Game of the year, 2001.
  3. JeffB.
    Jan 7, 2002
    The graphics are cool but the game is a little to short.
  4. WhitebearS.
    Feb 10, 2002
    This is the tightest game ever, nothing will surpass this one, but I wanted to play as snake rather than raiden.
  5. DavinderC.
    Feb 4, 2002
    I think the game is quite good but snake doen't look very good!
  6. DomF.
    Feb 8, 2002
    This game is incredibly deep and has a twisty and surprising storyline. This game is better than the first.
  7. DanL.
    May 1, 2002
    Great graphics, stunning attention to detail, and great gameplay mechanics make this (along with Halo) one of the greatest games I've played on a modern console.
  8. OerriderCrash
    Oct 28, 2003
    This game is wonderful.
  9. J.R.
    Apr 4, 2003
    I found the gameplay in MGS2 to be too touchy and frustrating. Often what you need to do is tricky and the touchy controls can really screw things up for you. Plus the plot was silly. Lets face it, video games aren't cheap, so rent this one and you'll be fine.
  10. Spencer
    May 4, 2003
    Although the game is great in every way (graphics, plot, camera, controls, etc.) the problems lies on the fact that the cut scenes within the game are too long and the playing time is too short. nevertheless metal gear solid sons of liberty is a game that every playstation owners should have on their shelves.
  11. NinjaMafia
    Aug 10, 2003
    This is a pretty disappointing sequel for me. Sure the graphics are nice but the gameplay is monotonous at times. All you do basically is hold people up and then shoot them. Sure there are a few boss battles and gun fights , but they ultimately fall short of what MSG had going for it. The enviroment was horrible. First off, it is day throughout most of the game and when its not day its This is a pretty disappointing sequel for me. Sure the graphics are nice but the gameplay is monotonous at times. All you do basically is hold people up and then shoot them. Sure there are a few boss battles and gun fights , but they ultimately fall short of what MSG had going for it. The enviroment was horrible. First off, it is day throughout most of the game and when its not day its the end of the game. The whole facility you are sneaking around in is Orange, and call me crazy but that doesn't seem stealthy. The storyline however was deep, but it strayed way to far from what the other metal gears stories where like. Lastly the game is extremely short. I beat this game in around 3 hours when I skipped theridicuosly long cutscenes (Iswear some cut scenes were 30 minutes long) Overall the game is not horrible. I just wish the game captured the essence of MGS. Expand
  12. Uter
    Sep 5, 2003
    While there are things I really liked about MGS2, I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
  13. Chopin
    Jul 17, 2004
    The best action game ever made, and takes my pick as the second best game ever made behind Final Fantasy IX(their totally different, I know, but I have a wide range of tastes). I played this one before the first one, and came into it really biased, as I had only watched someone play the first one and thought it was stupid(I was wrong of course-the first one is great too). I had no idea The best action game ever made, and takes my pick as the second best game ever made behind Final Fantasy IX(their totally different, I know, but I have a wide range of tastes). I played this one before the first one, and came into it really biased, as I had only watched someone play the first one and thought it was stupid(I was wrong of course-the first one is great too). I had no idea how good the plot was, by looking at the back of the box I thought it was just infiltrating an oil tanker and the head boss would be like the captain or something silly......that was the worst judgement I ever made, as this games final cutscenes before the last battle are so epic, and you find out so much, everything is so cool! The biggest draw is having to play as Raiden, it would of worked if you were Snake the full game, he has similar objectives, with different boss battles and stuff. Although you wouldn't get to fight Fatman, who was the most fun boss fight and maybe the hardest. Another draw is Solidus is WAY to easy, at least on normal difficulty, after the 3 Metal Gears he seemed to easy and I only had to use one ration. The sneaking is genius, the scenes spectacular, the voice acting perfect, and the plot so good I almost think its true. Also the music is perfect, although there are only about 6 different tracks. The best scene is Snake and Otacon's handshake, one of the best moments in gaming. Genius. Buy it now, if you havent already. Expand
  14. Joe
    Oct 6, 2005
    A truly epic and unforgetable game.
  15. BenD.
    Jul 26, 2005
    The low point of the MGS trilogy, a high point in video games in general.
  16. B.S.
    Sep 13, 2005
    10 for addictive game play, first half plot, and graphics. 5 for preachy religious story line towards the end.
  17. Ryguy98Mgs4fan
    Feb 6, 2008
    I give it a 10 because there was a lot of freakin good graphics and the characters were different abillited people who has different personalities too! I hope metal gear will keep going until mgs6 ends. That's why i chose 10 for my ratings. Oh yeah also the first person view Is cool with the aiming on the aimsight.
  18. CodyB
    Jul 1, 2009
    The perfect masterpiece of the ps2, yet there are are some people that bitch & moan about how "horrible" THEY THINK the storyline is because either they don't PAY FULL ATTENTION or they're just totally mentally retarded to understand ANYTHING AT ALL. ANYBODY who rates this brilliant masterpiece a low score are inexperienced losers who just TRY to ruin gaming experiences for The perfect masterpiece of the ps2, yet there are are some people that bitch & moan about how "horrible" THEY THINK the storyline is because either they don't PAY FULL ATTENTION or they're just totally mentally retarded to understand ANYTHING AT ALL. ANYBODY who rates this brilliant masterpiece a low score are inexperienced losers who just TRY to ruin gaming experiences for other gamers because they have no lives of their own. Trust me, I am an true gamer and I know what a true masterpiece is, get this game or be like one of "them". Expand
  19. JamesR.
    Jan 20, 2002
    It's fun and easily one of the best games out.
  20. GiancarloS.
    Jan 31, 2002
    The best game out there, a little shorter than the first; but the graphics, sound and gameplay are just amazing...Solid Snake Rules!!!
  21. PsychoMantis
    Jan 31, 2002
    The original is still better overall. The graphics are great in this game with cool effects and it all runs smoothly. The sound effects are great too, but the audio side I have a complaint about, in some instances the music turned to jazz/lounge, which some people might be turned off by, like me. Those instances are far and few between though, so no biggy. The story is WAY confusing at The original is still better overall. The graphics are great in this game with cool effects and it all runs smoothly. The sound effects are great too, but the audio side I have a complaint about, in some instances the music turned to jazz/lounge, which some people might be turned off by, like me. Those instances are far and few between though, so no biggy. The story is WAY confusing at times and you may get lost, but it is still captivating and well told. My only other gripe is the game was too short and Rose's bitching to Jack every other Codec transmission, ugh. Expand
  22. MerylS.
    Feb 19, 2002
    The best game in the World!!!
  23. RevolverOcelot
    Feb 3, 2002
    What can I say: perfect graphics, amazing gameplay and a storyline with so many twists that if you wrote them all down, you would finish on Metal Gear Solid 7's release date! I'm glad I'm typing this out, because I'm speachless! If you don't have a PlayStation2, then buy one just for this game: it's worth the £249.98!
  24. Rob1
    Feb 6, 2002
    This game is really good and fun but it lacks in length!
  25. JayC.
    Mar 10, 2002
    Brilliant graphics, gameplay, sound...story line gets very, very twisted and almost spoils it. Two downers tho'...the game is way too short and not as intense as the first metal gear and being raiden instead of snake doesn't make it fell the same for me...but if you ain't got it...go get it...its amazing!!!
  26. VulcanRaven
    Mar 10, 2002
    Metal Gear 2 is the best game ever !!! If you don't agree with me u must be crazy.
  27. D.T.
    Mar 10, 2002
    A truly great game. Buy it now!
  28. ChrisdaG.
    Mar 18, 2002
    I got it the thursday before the day it came out and I finished it on extreme by the saturday. The game is great but top short, when mgs3 comes out in uk, I want it to be longer.
  29. AdamL.
    Mar 22, 2002
    I just finished it... This is surely the most amazing game ever released. Nothing compares to the amazing cut scenes, the amazing graphics, perfect gameplay, and awesome music. If you don't already have this you need it now! You will either love or hate the story, I personally loved it (Although the 1st MGS was better), but regardless of that the awesome gameplay alone should have I just finished it... This is surely the most amazing game ever released. Nothing compares to the amazing cut scenes, the amazing graphics, perfect gameplay, and awesome music. If you don't already have this you need it now! You will either love or hate the story, I personally loved it (Although the 1st MGS was better), but regardless of that the awesome gameplay alone should have you desperate for this game! Expand
  30. StewartL.
    Mar 30, 2002
    Stealth the the most revolutionary thing ever to happen to video games. Attention to detail is astounding. You can shoot ice buckets and ice will fall out! That's not all. The ice cubes in groups take longer to melt then the single ones!!

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#3 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. The environments are amazing, when on the deck of the tank the rain effects are extremely lifelike, along with rain drops hitting the ship and characters.
  2. As stunning and enjoyable as ever. You may feel foolish gripping the controller throughout a 40-minute cut scene, but MGS2 is something which must be experienced.
    MGS2 suffers in its story. I can't spoil it for you, but I can at least warn you to be prepared for a plot that frequently reaches levels of sheer absurdity.