8.5

1. JakeM.
    Jun 12, 2007
    This is a beastly game. Never before have i played that good of a game. Gundam wing was the bomb. Every other series was awesome. I wish that bandai could make more to wing ,but sometimes wishes can't come true. But believe.
  2. DanielM.
    Mar 3, 2007
    Pretty good. I was simply impressed by the fact that a Gundam game (FINALLY!!) get's out of the One Year War for at least some of it's storylines. Honestly, the One Year War is as much of a beaten, dead horse as World War II. The graphics are excellent, and the game fully captures the fast paced dogfighting aspect of Gundam, but the controls are hard to get used to, and the game Pretty good. I was simply impressed by the fact that a Gundam game (FINALLY!!) get's out of the One Year War for at least some of it's storylines. Honestly, the One Year War is as much of a beaten, dead horse as World War II. The graphics are excellent, and the game fully captures the fast paced dogfighting aspect of Gundam, but the controls are hard to get used to, and the game is overall quite difficult. If you're a gundam fan, you'll love it. If you're not a Gundam fan, I don't see why you're even looking this game up. Expand
    Jan 31, 2004
    No comments but this game rocks!!!!!!!!!
  4. MikeP.
    Jan 3, 2004
    This is a pretty good game. I like the mobile suits, the modes of play are good, and the anime sequences are cool too. But I have a few problems. The first one is the gameplay. The lock on system wasn't all I had hoped for, and it was hard to use. The main problem with it was that the main targhets were hard to lock on to, especially targets that you needed to kill quickly (Anavel This is a pretty good game. I like the mobile suits, the modes of play are good, and the anime sequences are cool too. But I have a few problems. The first one is the gameplay. The lock on system wasn't all I had hoped for, and it was hard to use. The main problem with it was that the main targhets were hard to lock on to, especially targets that you needed to kill quickly (Anavel Gato ace pilot mode >:{) I often found myself killed by mobile suits that I didn't knew were there. But maybe that was a little bit of incompetence n my skills too. Also, some levels are just too hard, especially, when you need to get an A or S rank to get mobile suits. Also the rating system is really weird. I get an S when I get hit 10 times a minute, but a D when i leave battle unscathed. I don't get it. Lastly, I request more Zeta, Char's Coutnerattack, Wing, Seed, and G gundam suits. I was disappionted when I figured out there are only 6 alternate universe suits, and only 1 0080 gundam (NT1). However, I liked this game a lot. But, I can see how you have to have a knowledge and moderate fondness for Gundam to truly enjoy Gundam Encounters in space (Official U.S. Playstation Magazine >:o ). Expand
  5. RayB.
    Jan 1, 2004
    This game is great because it has Gundams from many of the shows and my favorite Gundam Wing Zero.The only problom is there's only space combat pretty much.
  6. SeanN.
    Dec 27, 2003
    This is definately the greatest Gundam game out there! The controls are pretty good. All the people bagging this as being horrible for it being too hard you must not be very good. The magazines are saying it is ridiculously easy and you're complaining about hard. Anyway, had to put them down. Great Game great gameplay, great mecha, if you like gundam, you'll love how this picks This is definately the greatest Gundam game out there! The controls are pretty good. All the people bagging this as being horrible for it being too hard you must not be very good. The magazines are saying it is ridiculously easy and you're complaining about hard. Anyway, had to put them down. Great Game great gameplay, great mecha, if you like gundam, you'll love how this picks up on gameplay after Journey to Jaburo. Expand
  7. MichaelC.
    Dec 26, 2003
    I liked this game!! buy it!!
  8. ChrisG.
    Dec 23, 2003
    This game was awsome i think it was better than the other although Federation Vs. Zeon was cool too, and too all those critticts, fuck you, you are just old people who wouldent know a good game if it hit you in the face and to Phoenix H. fuck you too, you need to get a clue or start hanging out with the critticts or something, and i am a gundam fan and of the gundam games so fuck you.
  9. MattJ.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Though i love Federation VS Zeon, this one is just that much better, i mean c'mon, play as the Fullburn, how much better can you get (besides play as the RX-78-2 or the RX-79 [G]) i dont like how bitchy these critics are, theyre just gundam haters, kill'em all. i love this game, and thats all there is to it
  10. ZeroM.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Controls are easy to get a hold of and the battle system is bang on, the only problem i have with this game is the rating system is really inconsistent. You get an S for just beating one level, but a D on another even though you beat it in 20 seconds with all your health. otherwise the best gundam game yet.
  11. TylerM.
    Dec 22, 2003
    A very solid game, i really enjoyed it. The animation clips were great, the graphics incredible, the sound classic and the controls solid. I have yet to see why the magizines have been bagging on it so much, yet as a fan of the series i suppose my opinion is rather biased. With that aside i suggest that buyers ignore the magizines and buy this game.
  12. AlexK.
    Dec 22, 2003
    I bought the game the moment i saw it on screen. Even though most Gundam titles are a bit mediocre this one is in a class of itself.Though not as thrilling as ZOE 2,this title is a must for all mechamaniacs. Absolutely great!
  13. Ahya
    Dec 22, 2003
    This game is the best game ever!!!!!! No more comment than that it should have Nu-Gundam =D
  14. RobT.
    Dec 20, 2003
    Great just great i mite bein biased to people who dont like games like this i found it better than zone of enders which was a bit shit but i recon it would be better if they brought it out on xbox as i own a xbox now i had to sell the console and games and it mite be easier to control on the xbox
  15. JasonB.
    Dec 17, 2003
    I love Gundam and I would have expected nothing more form this game it was marvelous the graphics were beautiful.
  16. LEONARDOG.
    Dec 16, 2003
    This is the best game I ever played!!! I myself am a fan of Gundam and their games. I would give the game a 10.5. Well, that's my opinion.
  17. ColeN.
    Dec 15, 2003
    Being a fan of gundam it was a marvoules game and i would expect nothing more.
  18. dxL
    Dec 14, 2003
    I enjoyed all the Gundam action games on PS1 and ps2!! said the truth i enojoyed "Journey to jaburo" 's gameplay beucase i'm more into sim style kind of stuff, just like I live Mechworrier4 PC better than Mechassult xbox. however the AI isn't challenging and mission is too not eough in "Journey to Jaburo". i hope "the Lost cronical" can be ported to Northamerica I enjoyed all the Gundam action games on PS1 and ps2!! said the truth i enojoyed "Journey to jaburo" 's gameplay beucase i'm more into sim style kind of stuff, just like I live Mechworrier4 PC better than Mechassult xbox. however the AI isn't challenging and mission is too not eough in "Journey to Jaburo". i hope "the Lost cronical" can be ported to Northamerica version....... "Federation VS Zeon" is kind of too arcadey, and i don't like that we can't control the shield anymore. as to this newest game, 20 hours of FUN already!! lots stroy tellings, some more modern gundams!! and THEY ARE FAST!!! so far i like this the best!!! coz it's FAST!!! and AI is better. Expand
  19. SOCL
    Dec 8, 2003
    Fueled by my love of Federation vs. Zeon and besides my dread that it would be another less-than-user-friendly Journey to Jaburo, I bought Encounters In Space the day after its release. Well, I was pleased to find that it lived up to the Gundam name, blowing me away with great (and easy) gameplay and controls (it even includes three tutuorials to let you get a hang of the controls). It Fueled by my love of Federation vs. Zeon and besides my dread that it would be another less-than-user-friendly Journey to Jaburo, I bought Encounters In Space the day after its release. Well, I was pleased to find that it lived up to the Gundam name, blowing me away with great (and easy) gameplay and controls (it even includes three tutuorials to let you get a hang of the controls). It follows the original series' plot excellently, too, along with bringing to life many sub-stories! I wouldn't say the graphics are as great as its predecessors (it's a tad blocky), but it's still quite impressive (the redone animation is quite good, just like J to J). Also, I was displeased with how easy the White Base and Thoroughbred storylines...I beat the White Base plot the same day I bought it, then beat Thoroughbred the next day. Even so, it still has great gameplay, stays to the Gundam ideals, is quite exciting, user-friendly, and though it's no Federation vs. Zeon, it's still an AWESOME game! Expand
  20. DylanY.
    Dec 7, 2003
    The series lives up to it name now bringing even more mobile suits to control, but the only problem i see with this game is that it could have a few more levels and some better music.
  21. RaceW.
    Nov 28, 2003
    This game is great. It has extremely responsive comtrols and a strong plot. The only problem with the game is that the controls take some getting used to but that is a minor detail. You can use all your favorite gundams from all different series. The story mode is knida short but its replayability makes up for that. Overall this is the best Gundam game I've played so far.
  22. JimmyL.
    Nov 27, 2003
    The best damn gundam game ever! Large variety of gundams for all gundam fans, huge gameplay enhancement, and many more! Totally worth it!!
  23. BobbyL.
    Nov 24, 2003
    I have been wating for a long time for a game with GP-01 fullburnean in it.
  24. TonyY.
    Nov 13, 2003
    It is the best Gundam Game so far, with all those great Mobile Suits that Gundam fans have been waiting for years, like GP02A, Neue Ziel, GP03D.... + All of those ZEON and E.F.S.F. Ace Pilots just boost the game into an new level! A must have if you are an ZEON persuer, or E.F.S.F. lover!

#46 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. Cheat Code Central
    Everything looks and sounds just as good as the animated series that it's based on.
    Perhaps the biggest draw for Gundam fans is the mode in which you create your own pilot and build up his or her stats in one-player missions, then fight other Gundam geeks in the two-player mode.
  3. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    Surely, I thought, the challenge level has a setting other than "stupid easy" or "mind-bogglingly confusing because the mutant aiming system bites." I thought wrong. Encounters in Space is just that bad. [Dec 2003, p.164]