Monster Hunter PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Sep 21, 2004
8.8

1. Oct 5, 2014
    Eh, as always... Chech reviews and critics and You`ll always skip a good game. Sometimes it`s hard to belive that`s not their job. xD
    This game is honestly one of the best experience You can get on PS2. If You like challanging games, like to test Your skills and memory... and above all You have a lot of patience and strong will - well, You gonna love this title.
    Trust me. I did.
  2. Aug 1, 2013
    Screw the Critic Reviews, this game is the best, it might have offered a little but it was the best back then
    those idiots would not understand monster hunter, only we hunters does
  3. Apr 22, 2012
    A textbook example of why one should never, EVER trust biased and in all likelihood rushed critics reviews. This is the absolute best game on PS2, PERIOD, and that's coming from someone who has only played a single player mode (I wasn't aware you could play online with PS2 at the time). Do yourself a favour and try one of the finest action RPG game ever created. The gamerkind will foreverA textbook example of why one should never, EVER trust biased and in all likelihood rushed critics reviews. This is the absolute best game on PS2, PERIOD, and that's coming from someone who has only played a single player mode (I wasn't aware you could play online with PS2 at the time). Do yourself a favour and try one of the finest action RPG game ever created. The gamerkind will forever be in your debt. Expand
  4. ErikL.
    Jan 23, 2007
    I love how this game is reviewed badly by criticsbut everyone who plays loves it. I cant thing of anything bad to say about this game I sunk over 500 hours collecting all the armor.
  5. ChrisM.
    Aug 21, 2006
    This is one of the best games ever. Ihave been playing for over 200 hours and i cant get enough of killing these dragons for fun or for weapon and armor material.
  6. BillK.
    Jul 13, 2006
    I'm embaressed to tell you how long I've played video games. I've played and finished at least 1000 video games in my 2nd career. Monster Hunter has been the most enjoyable game I've ever played. From top to bottom, everything was well thought out and executed by CAPCOM. Weapon/armor selections, monster animations, environments, all top-notch. The only frustrating part I'm embaressed to tell you how long I've played video games. I've played and finished at least 1000 video games in my 2nd career. Monster Hunter has been the most enjoyable game I've ever played. From top to bottom, everything was well thought out and executed by CAPCOM. Weapon/armor selections, monster animations, environments, all top-notch. The only frustrating part of the entire game can be finding a good group of hunters. But on the other hand, online is what makes Monster Hunter awesome fun. Expand
  7. SeanM.
    Jun 17, 2006
    This is one of those games i would play all night long. a very long game;it took me 257 hours to beat it and i still play it all the time.
  8. RegP.
    Jan 7, 2006
    I love the game, the graphics are amazing for the year of the game. The only part i didnt like was that you could only leave the village when you are on a mission.
  9. MalcolmVC
    Aug 16, 2005
    I just wanna ask, HOW..... HOW could a game THIS good, get such crappy reveiws??? I play alot, and I mean a lot, of video games, and frankly, I thought the FF's were kinda' short... I love LONG ASS GAMES! And this, I think, is 1 of them, hell, I got over 350 hours on it, and I still haven't beatn it.... I just wanna give kudos to the ppl who gave it an 80 or more, like PSM, I just wanna ask, HOW..... HOW could a game THIS good, get such crappy reveiws??? I play alot, and I mean a lot, of video games, and frankly, I thought the FF's were kinda' short... I love LONG ASS GAMES! And this, I think, is 1 of them, hell, I got over 350 hours on it, and I still haven't beatn it.... I just wanna give kudos to the ppl who gave it an 80 or more, like PSM, cuz they know what they're talkin bout. heres my reveiw of everything... Graphics: 10 Gameplay: 10 Idea: 10 Online: 10+ Music: 6 SFX: 10 Controls: 9.5 Realism: 10 Overall: 9.8 The music, I turn off, and just put on my own, 'cept for lao-shan-lung, the awesome 500 ft. dragon w/ the awesome music. Controls get a little getting used to, but, when u are, they rock. Expand
  10. JoshM.
    Jan 20, 2005
    This has to be the best game I've ever played. The graphics are awesome and there is a large selection of items, weapons and armor.
  11. glide0230dualblade
    Jan 8, 2005
    Best "hunting" game ive ever played i liked the weapon/gun/armor on the game.
  12. EricS.
    Jan 7, 2005
    This is one of the greatest games i have ever playd (and ive played ALOT of them!). i do not understand why ppl think that the Graphics arent good, b/c they are realy GOOD. The controls take a little while to get use to, many complain about the camera set up (you move the cammra w/ the D-pad, and it can be reset behind the character w/ the L1 button) i do not find it hard to use or This is one of the greatest games i have ever playd (and ive played ALOT of them!). i do not understand why ppl think that the Graphics arent good, b/c they are realy GOOD. The controls take a little while to get use to, many complain about the camera set up (you move the cammra w/ the D-pad, and it can be reset behind the character w/ the L1 button) i do not find it hard to use or bothersome at all. There are a few draw backs, such as invisibe walls,and lack of a numorus amont of weapon selection(dont get me wrong im guessn there is 100+ weapons to choose from, but id like more) i hope ytou will check this game out if you get the chance. if you do get this game and you get on look up my character ( lane ). OH....this game is hard, realy hard. Expand
  13. JacobR.
    Jan 3, 2005
    The funnest game to play together.
  14. RonP.
    Jan 3, 2005
    Once you get use to the controls this is truly a great game...it's been a long time since i've had to battle something for that length of time to take it down, it's refreshing not to have and instant lock on type game giving you complete control. very well done and definatly worth the money.
  15. BryceA.
    Dec 24, 2004
    This is a great game! Many people are so used to being able to kill things so easily that they're forgetting what a challenging game is. The buttons are a little different from other games but everygame has its drawbacks. The unique setting is definitely a plus...its good to get away from all of the space-aged games for a while. The online gaming experience is great, and the offline This is a great game! Many people are so used to being able to kill things so easily that they're forgetting what a challenging game is. The buttons are a little different from other games but everygame has its drawbacks. The unique setting is definitely a plus...its good to get away from all of the space-aged games for a while. The online gaming experience is great, and the offline gaming experience is good too.Especially for people that are trying to learn the basics of the game. i love it that you can take your offline character online. This game definitely deserves more praise. Expand
  16. Vigieous
    Nov 25, 2004
    In all sites i see: review rating 6/10 and user rating 10/10 ...lol GREAT GAME of course.
  17. MatthewJ.
    Nov 16, 2004
    I think that this game is Awesome, the controls are hard to get but once you do its the best gaming experience you've ever had. The beautiful 3-D gaming environment mades you feel almost like your there. Awesome, it was worth the money.
  18. MichaelI.
    Sep 30, 2004
    Good game. Paid the $50 for it and should give lot's of hours of play. Some gotcha's in it that qre interesting, but played for 3 hours before I got to the first real high powered Monster I could not kill.
  19. MartijnB.
    Sep 26, 2004
    A good game i have it my self the best game ever.
  20. Jason
    Sep 24, 2004
    I enjoy this game. It sort of goes away from the standard leveling processes and in that sense, kills some of the monotony of MMORPGs. The fighting system is actually fun for once, and the best thing about it: NO ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION FEE. Gotta love that.
  21. FU
    Sep 24, 2004
    Definiately try it out. It is a very tight community already and enjoyable experience.
  22. GregR.II
    Sep 8, 2004
    Awesome, I have a strong dislike for RPGonline type games, but this is the exception!!!!

#37 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#81 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 32 gold [Vol 796; 19 Mar 2004]
    It's interesting, and a bit frustrating, to see a game with such a unique devotion to a single type of play.
    Problems with the camera and controls hold it back from mass appeal, and unless you have the broadband adapter, you're missing out on a large chunk of the experience. With that said, there's definitely enough here to for serious players to enjoy if they're willing to devote the time necessary to really dive into the game.