• Publisher: Midway
  • Release Date: Oct 4, 2004
8.3

1. FrancescoV.
    Sep 27, 2005
    This is the best fighting game that I have ever played and the Konquest mode is brilliant.
  2. May 1, 2011
    If Mortal Kombat: Deception were at any fault, it would be the addition of "hara kiri". Is there a point in killing yourself in a worse manner than your foe probably would? Aside from looking stylish.
  3. Jan 5, 2014
    I could start this game from scratch and it would take me months until I got bored. The fatalities are cool, ingenuitive, and gory. The addition of Hara-Kiri's werent bad either. I love the whole style branching Combos. Konquest can get a little dull when you have to learn every single move of someone every 5 minutes, but other than that its pretty good. There are decent side challenges inI could start this game from scratch and it would take me months until I got bored. The fatalities are cool, ingenuitive, and gory. The addition of Hara-Kiri's werent bad either. I love the whole style branching Combos. Konquest can get a little dull when you have to learn every single move of someone every 5 minutes, but other than that its pretty good. There are decent side challenges in konquest if you fell like it. Even after you beat konquest, there are still Keys to be found, some of which can be ridiculous. Otherwise this is the best mortal kombat there is, over armageddon, and way over the newer Mortal Kombat. I think the different kinds of koins is what made Deception a lot better than Armageddon in my book. Chess Combat was where I spent most of my time after konquest. Expand
  4. MaxH.
    Oct 8, 2004
    Disappointing
  5. BryanM.
    Jun 5, 2007
    This game is lame. during the conquast you are required to do the dumb training. and that ruins the whole game. get MK Deadly Alliance.
  6. Ben
    Oct 5, 2004
    Awesome feel, awesome legacy, awesome game.
  7. DavidM.
    Oct 1, 2004
    Excellent graphics and buckets of blood,arenas offer the clever/lucky player the chance of a one hit win with death traps, not to mention the fighting system has a frighting amount of depth, all this and loads more to unlock even bonus modes in short a FLAWLESS VICTORY.
  8. RyanL.
    Oct 19, 2004
    I loved the great uprgrade in characters, their looks, the new arcade modes, and the new konquest. But THERE'S NO KITANA. Kitana should replace that freaky Bo' Rai Cho. also the krypt is a big down. but everything is back (including that sexy Mileena, thank god) oh yeah. Why have Lei mei when ya got Mileena. i mean hello?! Mileena fought in mud in the 2nd mortal kombnat movie. I loved the great uprgrade in characters, their looks, the new arcade modes, and the new konquest. But THERE'S NO KITANA. Kitana should replace that freaky Bo' Rai Cho. also the krypt is a big down. but everything is back (including that sexy Mileena, thank god) oh yeah. Why have Lei mei when ya got Mileena. i mean hello?! Mileena fought in mud in the 2nd mortal kombnat movie. MUD. If only she could in this game... I WISH! Expand
  9. MarkusM.
    Dec 8, 2004
    Superb game! I just love the new features, fatalyties and death traps. But.. They should have added more arenas.
  10. ShokaF.
    Mar 26, 2005
    I give it a 100 because my favorite player jade is on there she is lookin hotter and hotter every game she in.
  11. CloudStrife
    Apr 4, 2005
    Boring. Still the graphics are good and the music. I believe the controls were better on deadly Alliance! Anyway the enviroment might be good but its not that epic as it was the first place (see Mortal kombat Trilogy)!! A good game but rent it first. Personaly i am not gonna buy it!! :)
  12. BonbonA.
    Aug 7, 2005
    Better than "Mortal Combat: Deadly Alliance". They add more fatalities and character, and adding some new features such as harakiri, mini games and conquest mode. Still the game need some improvements.
  13. SteveW.
    Nov 15, 2004
    This game is suprisingly addictive and has tons to unlock and loads of gameplays the fighting is awesome and there is plenty to keep you occupied id recommend this game to anyone.
  14. JohnC.
    Oct 27, 2004
    Bland, boring, tedious.
  15. DavidS.
    Oct 8, 2004
    A nice upgrade from Deadly Alliance. Great graphics and sound. Almost everything I wanted for the sequel. Konquest mode sucks though and that's where you have to unlock all the good stuff. May be too hard for casual gamers.
  16. BobY.
    Jan 23, 2005
    Love scorpion, raiden , sub-zero, kenshi and sonia.
  17. BrianR.
    Jun 12, 2005
    Konquest mode makes this game worth $50!!!! I give it a straight 10!!!
  18. PolisK.
    Jun 16, 2006
    generally,this is a very good game.the characters are better than the ones in tekken.however finding and unlocking a player is extremely difficult.
  19. DavidA.
    Oct 23, 2004
    I would actually give it like an 8.75 but I can't 'cause it doesn't let you. Not the best game in history but a very good remake of "deadly alliance" it has very good fatalyties but it lacks of originality, it's practicly the same thing as the previous games, sure there are new moves and envirements but it still doesn't bring a new concept to the table, now on the I would actually give it like an 8.75 but I can't 'cause it doesn't let you. Not the best game in history but a very good remake of "deadly alliance" it has very good fatalyties but it lacks of originality, it's practicly the same thing as the previous games, sure there are new moves and envirements but it still doesn't bring a new concept to the table, now on the other hand I wouldn't say it sucks like Max H did, it still has what it takes to keep your hands around the controler for a while. Expand
  20. SkullomaniaW.
    Dec 22, 2004
    Flawful victory! Well, its all right.
  21. Jun 23, 2015
    The best four things I remember from MK D are:
    1) Puzzle Kombat - Best minigame in MK series, oh how do I miss it... IF ONLY DEVS WOULD DO IT AS ARCADE GAME I WOULD BUY IT THIS INSTANT!!!
    2) OMG! Liu Kang is STILL DEAD!!! W T F!!! HES A ZOMBIE!!! 3) Story mode - again very well done 4) Krypt - even better than in DA and A. The worst: 1) Gameplay in core aspect of the game. It just
    The best four things I remember from MK D are:
    2) OMG! Liu Kang is STILL DEAD!!! W T F!!! HES A ZOMBIE!!!
    3) Story mode - again very well done
    4) Krypt - even better than in DA and A.
    The worst:
    1) Gameplay in core aspect of the game. It just couldnt compete with Tekken.

But still I had even more fun thanks to the amazing puzzle minigame. Please make a remake of it on new systems!!!! Puzzle minigame is 10/10 and thats why im giving the whole game 10.
  22. Apr 21, 2015
    Takes what Deadly Alliance did right and none of what it did wrong. The character models are gorgeous and not jarringly different from what you're used to from a Mortal Kombat game. The combat is incredibly methodical and slow unlike the fast paced action one might be used to from Mortal Kombat. The game becomes much more tactical and skill-based rather than twitch-reaction based. The bestTakes what Deadly Alliance did right and none of what it did wrong. The character models are gorgeous and not jarringly different from what you're used to from a Mortal Kombat game. The combat is incredibly methodical and slow unlike the fast paced action one might be used to from Mortal Kombat. The game becomes much more tactical and skill-based rather than twitch-reaction based. The best thing it does however, is take the game's mysterious lore and backstory and expands on it in a way that blew me away. The game features a mode called "Konquest" which is essentially a Mortal Kombat RPG that allows you to explore the universe that previous games in the series helped create. What results is one of the better experiences you can have in video games, period. The free roam combines the mystique and brutality of the universe with the brutal combat of the game itself to create what I view as a masterpiece, through and through. It's just one of those things you have to experience yourself to truly appreciate. It also features two other modes- puzzle combat and chess combat. They're basically exactly what they sound like but nowhere near as gimmicky as one would believe and extraordinarily fun. Expand

1. It may seem odd to praise a fighting game that rests in the three foot end of the Olympic diving pool of fighters, but it's the combination of totally engrossing extra game modes, seemingly endless unlockables, an easily accessible mythology and the kind of passion and geeky pride that just rubs off on you.
  2. The core one-on-one fighting action--whether you play it offline or online--is easily the best part of the game. Like its predecessor, the fighting in Mortal Kombat: Deception is gory, intense, and quite complex, meaning it captures much of what's made MK an institution among fighting games.
  3. Considering the extremely fast response times needed for a fighting game, it's amazing how smoothly the online mode plays. It's just as responsive as it would be if you were playing with a pal sitting next to you, which is an astounding achievement.