Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 PlayStation 2

8.5

1. Oct 3, 2010
    The game builds on the first one and while it didn't feel as fresh it was still a nice ride and any fan of the racing genre that is looking for a fun arcade racer should pick this up.
  2. JimmyW.
    Aug 20, 2004
    Is cool cos of the lamborghinnis ferraris and porsches and most of all the coppers i own this game (my first game) and used to luv it but now ime thinkin of sellin it good game for people who like to play then sell games.
  3. Steve
    Oct 6, 2002
    High quality, but it is missing some of the small features that made the Need for Speed series unique. I was and still am a big fan of Need for Speed: High Stakes. NFS HP2 doesnt have features such as car lights, turn signals, weather features, and damage. Its difficult to damage tail lights, or even scrape the paint on the car. The AI for the cops is much more difficult now and can be High quality, but it is missing some of the small features that made the Need for Speed series unique. I was and still am a big fan of Need for Speed: High Stakes. NFS HP2 doesnt have features such as car lights, turn signals, weather features, and damage. Its difficult to damage tail lights, or even scrape the paint on the car. The AI for the cops is much more difficult now and can be difficult and fustrating for racing. But dont get me wrong, it a great game. Expand
  4. MattR.
    Oct 10, 2002
    Fun game, but so incredibly forgiving in its physics model that it actually hurts the game. The computer can almost always pull out a last minute victory through some cheesy maneuver. The car selection is great, but they all feel the exact same, which stinks.
  5. Uter
    Sep 17, 2003
    I was pretty hyped to play this, but came away slightly disappointed. the graphics aren't great. the load times are long. and the whole experience doesn't feel fully fleshed out.
  6. Jan 4, 2011
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is the best Need for Speed game I've ever played. Better than the current ones? I think so. The game is a great racer and definitely a game for people who love exotic cars because there is a great selection of them from Lamborghini Murcielago to the Ferrari 360. The tracks are nicely designed and are fun to race on although they are long in length. The policeNeed for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is the best Need for Speed game I've ever played. Better than the current ones? I think so. The game is a great racer and definitely a game for people who love exotic cars because there is a great selection of them from Lamborghini Murcielago to the Ferrari 360. The tracks are nicely designed and are fun to race on although they are long in length. The police pursuits are intense and the police will stop at nothing to bust you. Typical police equipment like helicopters and road blocks are at the polices disposal to take you down. The graphics are fantastic and the cars handle nicely. There is a meaty single player campaign which consists of racing in events in a championship to escaping the police in hot pursuit events. You can even be on the cops side and try to apprehend your opponents in some events. Also the soundtrack is pumping and really good when your racing along at high speeds. As I said before, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is the best NFS I've played and a lovely addition to the racing genre. Collapse

#17 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002

1. The best arcade racer to hit the PS2. With it's combination of really fun gameplay, good delivery, terrific tracks and robust modes, this is definitely worthy of gracing the collection of any console racing fan.
    The best arcade racing game available for the PlayStation 2.
  3. The graphics are sweet, and the racing is sweeter still. Its pure, unashamed, high-energy fun, and it lasts for ages!