6.6

1. JoshH.
    Jun 5, 2003
    If anyone has played any of the previous NHL series games and liked them, DO NOT GET THIS GAME!!!!!! I got this the day it was released, and I was so excited, yet when I started to play, I had turned the game off within ten minutes, and put NHL 2001 in. The gameplay is horrendous compared to the previous NHL games, and the charecters and their respective animations look like puffy disney If anyone has played any of the previous NHL series games and liked them, DO NOT GET THIS GAME!!!!!! I got this the day it was released, and I was so excited, yet when I started to play, I had turned the game off within ten minutes, and put NHL 2001 in. The gameplay is horrendous compared to the previous NHL games, and the charecters and their respective animations look like puffy disney characters. The worst game I have bought in years, only surpassed by any of the WWF/WWE games. Expand
  2. Dustin
    Nov 3, 2002
    It's a spectrum like 2002. Lose every game or win every game based on the settings. Don't expect a close game. Manual Deke just slows it down.
  3. ZiggyStardust
    Oct 31, 2002
    I feel 2003 is a slap in the face to loyal fans of the NHL series. Additions of the "gamebreaker" and pop music during slow motion replays truly show how out of touch EA is with their fans.
  4. CharlesR.
    Oct 12, 2002
    Don't look for game story 2 or on the ice sounds... Beta testers forgot to tell executive that they forgot to turn them on. If you don't mind buying unfinished products, go ahead. First NHL game ever i sent back to the store after 1 week (since 91-92 on the genesis that is). Here comes Sega.

1. There are only a few improvements to help distinguish it from NHL 2002, but these changes further increase the realism of what is considered the best hockey simulation on the market.
  2. Hockey fans looking for a major overhaul of this series won't find one, but that's not necessarily bad. [Dec 2002, p.46]
    The latest version of EA's yearly hit isn't the quantum leap ahead of last year's, but it's improved enough to keep it at the top, drinking from the virtual Cup.