Oni PlayStation 2

7.5

1. Jan 2, 2017
    If you're fan of the real-time close combat, you can go nuts with the hand-to-hand attack combo system, along with the extendable movements through game progress which are fantastic, also the music adds up a lot when fighting and pursuing!

Now then, the story is not bad. The levels are either too big or "filled with so much emptiness": It feels annoying when you have to walk through all the big empty places, just looking for hidden items or enemies camping around... and they feel repetitive too.

Some weapons feel weird to handle at times, like the rocket launcher, or single handed weapons, which can't use the left hand to strike, instead you have to switch to melee again... That's a detail though.

In the end, the game feels half-rushed. If multiplayer mode existed and the levels were smaller and better elaborated, score for this game could've raised straight to heaven.
  2. May 22, 2015
    Understandably, this game is was developed in 1999 so graphics are sort of "weird". Talking from the PC version, controls were generally an satisfactory, and the voice acting was okay. Aside from that, the game is pretty interesting and it is a fun game.
  3. CatS
    Apr 9, 2009
    This game is awesome!! I am a huge Tomb Raider fan, and I picked up this game between TRs. The fighting is exhilarating. I almost never used the guns unless absolutely necessary. Also, replay is enhanced due to cheat codes which allow you to switch characters. The story stays the same, but you get a whole panoply of new moves with each character you play. The control scheme was hardThis game is awesome!! I am a huge Tomb Raider fan, and I picked up this game between TRs. The fighting is exhilarating. I almost never used the guns unless absolutely necessary. Also, replay is enhanced due to cheat codes which allow you to switch characters. The story stays the same, but you get a whole panoply of new moves with each character you play. The control scheme was hard to get used to at first, but becomes extremely intuitive -- it just works. Expand
  4. NaomiM.
    Nov 4, 2004
    I paid $5 for this game and was alittle unsure about the game play but it turned out to be pretty fun. I was impressed!
  5. JoeG.
    Dec 6, 2002
    Although the controls were a little hard to grasp at first, I've still never seen a game that seemed so authentic in its moves and people. The story line was the clincher for me though. Well done!
  6. JoeR.
    Nov 15, 2002
    This is a sweet game.I don't use guns much but i love kickin the guys asses with slams and stuff. I beat this game about 13 times but I still play it!
  7. JerryH.
    Sep 5, 2002
    Unbelievable game! 100 out of 10! An incredible amount of throws, combos, and different types of guns! I love the fact that you can carry only one gun! Very realistic levels! Great plot, most of all!
  8. Sayona
    Dec 6, 2001
    Yes, I keep in mind the difficulty in controlling the character, but that is what makes the game so awesome. A challenge is what always benefits a game. Once down correctly, Konoko can do some realy impressive moves. My only complaint deals with the graphics. Since the company wanted to rush the game out, Oni was left with some unfinished polishing. It could have been a lot better, but I Yes, I keep in mind the difficulty in controlling the character, but that is what makes the game so awesome. A challenge is what always benefits a game. Once down correctly, Konoko can do some realy impressive moves. My only complaint deals with the graphics. Since the company wanted to rush the game out, Oni was left with some unfinished polishing. It could have been a lot better, but I am not going to complain. I love the intro animation! That was awesome! Now, if only the whole game was designed that way (like fear effect) then we'd be going somewhere. Expand
  9. ChadW.
    Jul 2, 2001
    The game reminds me of the Jackie Chan movie "SuperCop."

1. You know you’re in trouble when it takes you five times to get through the first training level of a game, and it freezes on the second.
    While the control system is well thought out, it can at times infuriate as you desperately scramble around trying to reel off rounds into your enemies, while running from them.
  3. Da Gameboyz
    Oni has definitely redefined the action game genus; it may have created a new genre.