PaRappa the Rapper 2 PlayStation 2

6.6

1. Dec 27, 2014
    I have no idea why this Parappa game has so bad reviews. I absolutely loved this game. Sure, it's very short, probably an hour long at most, but the replayability is fantastic. You get a new colored cap every time you beat the game and the difficulty rises and makes the songs into a (addictive) remix. The remixes changes for every time you beat the game. Beat the game five times and getI have no idea why this Parappa game has so bad reviews. I absolutely loved this game. Sure, it's very short, probably an hour long at most, but the replayability is fantastic. You get a new colored cap every time you beat the game and the difficulty rises and makes the songs into a (addictive) remix. The remixes changes for every time you beat the game. Beat the game five times and get the "gold" cap, the last one you can get. There's also some CPU challenges to beat, where you get an album if you complete them all.

The music is really addictive, the best in the Parappa series if you ask me. I've had every song stuck in my head, much like the songs from the original and Um Jammer Lammy. The timing is even better than the PS1 version and a lot easier to beat. The story is awesome as well. Weird, a little bit stupid, but funny and interesting.

This is one of the best rhythm games for the PS2 ever made together with "Gitaroo Man". Try this out, it will be a blast!
  2. Aug 14, 2015
    Awesome game first one is very short as much anyone else say its amazing, the first one isnt better its from 1997 the graphics are so terrible the critics should do remember about graphics but hey atleast im not only the one who knows that there is 4hats to collect and get the dog house! the bonus game isnt really fun game is short but its awesome i dont get few critics saying "EnoughAwesome game first one is very short as much anyone else say its amazing, the first one isnt better its from 1997 the graphics are so terrible the critics should do remember about graphics but hey atleast im not only the one who knows that there is 4hats to collect and get the dog house! the bonus game isnt really fun game is short but its awesome i dont get few critics saying "Enough replay value" the game does have secrets and replay value, for challange get all the crowns.. music's are good only the one i disliked was 2nd stage well its too weird! Expand
  3. Oct 21, 2013
    Whilst being very short, I loved this game, one of those games that make me take the dust off my PS2.. and somehow manage to get me hooked on it.
    It has very catchy music and raps, the kind that I always come back to listen again over and over.
    The plot is nothing epic or something, but it's very funny and keeps you asking for more.
  4. Feb 27, 2014
    PaRappa the Rapper 2 is one of the few PS2 games that I find myself constantly sliding into my disc drive, even to this day. The music is catchy, the graphics serve their purpose, and the versus mode adds to its replay value, making it a great party game. Say what you will, but PaRappa 2 will always be one of my favorites.
  5. Jan 13, 2015
    Parappa The Rapper 2 is a worthy follow up to the original game, but it won't drain your time for long and replay value is nearly non existent. The songs are great and the gameplay is greatly improved from the original, the graphics also stay true to the series and they look great for 2001. If you enjoyed Parappa The Rapper or Um Jammer Lammy, then you will no doubt love this game.
  6. Aug 12, 2015
    Its fun really short in one side music arent so good as before, still nice to play once a while one problem is that its expensive and second that image its haves a E rating so basicly you're 7 and you see parappa and pj doing Gay things while sunny dad and parappa dad is watching them its gross next up is stage 7 slurp it suck i know you gonna like it.. Pretty Fun but weird and sexual atIts fun really short in one side music arent so good as before, still nice to play once a while one problem is that its expensive and second that image its haves a E rating so basicly you're 7 and you see parappa and pj doing Gay things while sunny dad and parappa dad is watching them its gross next up is stage 7 slurp it suck i know you gonna like it.. Pretty Fun but weird and sexual at same time! Expand
  7. May 14, 2011
    An unnecessary and cheesy, but nonetheless solid effort to relive a cult classic. Pros: The high res 2-D sprites are refreshingly old school; hilarious story and characters; additional Practice and Battle mode are handy. Cons: Too little, too short, too pricey; no replay value; some of the lyrical content is a bit too bizarre.
  8. Elmo
    Feb 5, 2002
    Lets face it, you all played the demo a lot. It's fun catchy and I've seen it out for about £25. Which is a nice little price for a nice little game. Get it for your little sister to keep her silent for hours on end, just don't expect to get near you PS2 for ages!
  9. Parappa-da-Rappa
    Mar 7, 2002
    I have seen many movies and I love Parappa the Rapper games. But we dont have a PS2 so I must wait and save money to buy one.
  10. Love-kickLove-punch
    Feb 11, 2002
    An all right game, but nothing they couldn't have made for PSX. There's really nothing innovative here. Finished in about 2 hours. Rent once, and you'll be sated.
  11. Jul 22, 2016
    Not as good as the original you just can't beat the original but this game is still great there are still a lot of problems with this game but this game is fun still!

#79 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#7 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. A fun game that doesn't have nearly enough gameplay -- or enough replay value -- to warrant a purchase.
  2. Disregard this misalignment though, and you’re left with an enjoyable aural romp which, whilst slight and, on occasions, extremely forgiving, makes up for most of its shortcomings by hitting you with damn funky music.
  3. An almost total lack of innovation makes the game seem pretty dated when compared with other games on the market.