Pride FC: Fighting Championships PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Feb 11, 2003
8.6

1. JuniorP.
    May 6, 2003
    Hows it going, I just came back from sea, I'm in the Navy, and when I came back to San Diego, my little cousin told me about this game, so I went yesterday to Target, and I bought the game, and I was like DAMN! this game is shisnicks, I especially like it how you can create your own fighter, that part was pretty bomb.
  2. BigBear
    Apr 16, 2003
    Phenomenal improvement over the UFC version. CAW is excellent, but moves could use markers showing which skill they are based off of. My friends were unimpressed with the last game and one mentioned that he "would not" be plaing this one. Within 5 minutes of watching the first match, he wanted to start making his own CAW. great game
  3. SethY.
    Jan 23, 2007
    It's nice but a career mode would've made it a hundred times better.
  4. Carlos
    Feb 22, 2003
    Solid, fundamental and responsive biggest flaw is the lack of any type of season or stat tracking. Also the ring entrances could have been shorter, sometimes they last longer than the matches, but Pride/fc is an all around fun fighter very similar to the tekken series. And if the game developers are reading this, we'd like to see the losers suffer a little more in the submission holds heheh.
  5. LeeR.
    Mar 15, 2003
    The game is more realistic than ufc but lacks in the career mode or stat tracking.

1. Gameplay-wise, it is probably the company's best effort. Where it fails is replay. [Feb 2003, p.97]
    Pride FC’s gameplay style is exactly the same as all of the "UFC" titles, which shows that THQ put little thought into making this game.
  3. The no-holds barred combat fails to provide the variety you’d want and the gore of the real event isn’t in evidence.