• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jan 30, 2001
8.4

1. Mar 24, 2015
    I have loved Rayman 2 since I was a child and it has always been my favorite platformer. So, when I got the chance to play this - allegedly better - version of the game, i was really delighted. And I have to say, the game did not disappoint me. The storyline is much better, there are more levels, more challenging enemies, more bosses and unique powers, characters get more time to shine,I have loved Rayman 2 since I was a child and it has always been my favorite platformer. So, when I got the chance to play this - allegedly better - version of the game, i was really delighted. And I have to say, the game did not disappoint me. The storyline is much better, there are more levels, more challenging enemies, more bosses and unique powers, characters get more time to shine, you have to buy upgrades, there are even several minigames and the whole game in general feels more coherent (such as the shell in Menhir Hills that jumped out with you through the Spiral Door in Rayman 2 and was nowhere to be seen afterwards can actually be found in the hub world here and serves a purpose). And I haven't even mentioned the graphical update which is mostly visible either in new levels or in remade portions or levels from Rayman 2 (e. g. Fairy Glade).
    This game is the definitive Rayman game and the best platformer I have played so far.
  2. Oct 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. The first time I played Rayman 2: The Great Escape on my PC with my brother and cousin as a child, we were unable to move away from the computer. The world of Rayman amazed us and the style of the game was as unique as platformers get. I did not know about Rayman Revolution until 2006, when I stumbled into a gaming store and found a copy in good condition for a cheap price. It looked like a Rayman 2 port for the PS2, so I bought it and started to play it as soon as I got the chance.

And then, I did not get what I was expecting. I got something even better. Revolution isn't just a port, it's a massive upgrade to the original Rayman 2, with an explorable hub, multiple new levels, proper English voices (even though you can still choose gibberish) and a improved graphics and sounds. The game, in my opinion, is massively better than any other version of Rayman 2. It's one of a kind, and if you have a PS2, I'm jealous because mine is broken and I can't play this wonderful game again.
  3. Oct 2, 2011

It's one of the greatest achievements in the history of 3D platform games and should be given the same admiration given to titles like Miyamoto's "Mario 64."
  2. The levels are masterfully designed, the learning curve is smooth and gradual, and the variety in gameplay makes this game appropriate for both novice and expert gamers alike.
  3. Simply a great game.