• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jan 30, 2001
8.4

1. Oct 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The first time I played Rayman 2: The Great Escape on my PC with my brother and cousin as a child, we were unable to move away from the computer. The world of Rayman amazed us and the style of the game was as unique as platformers get. I did not know about Rayman Revolution until 2006, when I stumbled into a gaming store and found a copy in good condition for a cheap price. It looked like a Rayman 2 port for the PS2, so I bought it and started to play it as soon as I got the chance.

And then, I did not get what I was expecting. I got something even better. Revolution isn't just a port, it's a massive upgrade to the original Rayman 2, with an explorable hub, multiple new levels, proper English voices (even though you can still choose gibberish) and a improved graphics and sounds. The game, in my opinion, is massively better than any other version of Rayman 2. It's one of a kind, and if you have a PS2, I'm jealous because mine is broken and I can't play this wonderful game again.

It's one of the greatest achievements in the history of 3D platform games and should be given the same admiration given to titles like Miyamoto's "Mario 64."
  2. The levels are masterfully designed, the learning curve is smooth and gradual, and the variety in gameplay makes this game appropriate for both novice and expert gamers alike.
  3. Simply a great game.