7.7

1. May 12, 2015
    A classic gem on the PS2. But, honestly, "Horrible game. Buy Gun if you want a western game. This one is ridiculous with a horrible plot, shotty controls and just an overall bad game!"?? Really? GUN?? You mean the game that is wickedly clichéd. Hell, the plot of Gun was horrible and unoriginal. What's the plot for Gun? Your dad dies and blah blah blah blah blah. And it's hard for you toA classic gem on the PS2. But, honestly, "Horrible game. Buy Gun if you want a western game. This one is ridiculous with a horrible plot, shotty controls and just an overall bad game!"?? Really? GUN?? You mean the game that is wickedly clichéd. Hell, the plot of Gun was horrible and unoriginal. What's the plot for Gun? Your dad dies and blah blah blah blah blah. And it's hard for you to sympathize with the main character regarding that. As for 'Revolver', Red's father, Nate, AND mother, Morning Star, are killed in killed blood in an act of betrayal by Gen. Diego's right-hand man, Cl. Daren. Even though, Cole's father in Gun, lasted longer prior to dying, but Nate Harlow had more of an impact on the player due to the intense development he has through a short cutscene. Unlike Gun, the characters are more likable. If this game was so horrible and had a horrible plot, why were so many people outraged of Swift not returning in Redemption.
    This game is a masterpiece, and as far as I'm concerned, it's better than Redemption.
  2. Oct 15, 2014
    The music, story and gameplay is excellent.............................................................................................................
  3. SamN.
    Jul 23, 2006
    Wow.
  4. Daniel
    Oct 19, 2004
    Furious shoot 'em killing action... This is The best PS2 game of 2004. And the best Western style game of all time.
  5. MarkT.
    Jul 30, 2004
    I have to say that I haven't been glued this badly to a game for quite a while. It grabbed me by the leather chaps and wouldn't let go and I'm not even really into 'Westerns'. This game was fantastic and although I did complete the basic story mode in three days the sheer balls and bullets gameplay and quirky character was enough to leave me a happy man. A future I have to say that I haven't been glued this badly to a game for quite a while. It grabbed me by the leather chaps and wouldn't let go and I'm not even really into 'Westerns'. This game was fantastic and although I did complete the basic story mode in three days the sheer balls and bullets gameplay and quirky character was enough to leave me a happy man. A future CULT game. Expand
  6. KevinG.
    Jul 26, 2004
    I am not a "shooter" game player, but I had to have this one! The old west type shootouts, quickdraws and scenery are the main reasons I bought this. I can't stop playing it.
  7. ErikR.
    Jun 27, 2004
    I thought this game was great 'cause of the non-stop bullet fireing. You play 4 different carachters for one level each. Jack swift is the only one worth playing though. and the option of buying bigger and better revolvers and rifles instead of just picking up dead enemies weapons. In conclusion I thougt this is one of the best games I've ever ever played.
  8. DanielB.
    Jun 3, 2004
    Let's get one thing straight. im a cowboy! this is the best game ive ever played in my life. others say the controls sucked but they dont relize its them that sucked. the only thing that bumed me out was 2 things. 1 was the fact that you are stuck on a solid story line with no real wandering freedoms and 2 was the multiplayer. just a little more multiplayer and i would have loved thisLet's get one thing straight. im a cowboy! this is the best game ive ever played in my life. others say the controls sucked but they dont relize its them that sucked. the only thing that bumed me out was 2 things. 1 was the fact that you are stuck on a solid story line with no real wandering freedoms and 2 was the multiplayer. just a little more multiplayer and i would have loved this game above all others. i truly hope they make a RDR 2 with more game time. i stayed up all night to beat it. Expand
  9. PaulF.
    May 10, 2004
    If you love a good RUN & GUN, this game is the shizz! Red Dead puts life and fun into the old west. Rockstar has created another unique game with outstanding music, an easy control system, and graphics that feel like an old western movie; which fit the game perfectly. Don't believe all the reviews. Just don't expect a free-roaming game and you'll love it!
  10. JavaJ.
    May 8, 2004
    This is a GREAT game! Lighting, controls, graphics, and game play are all on the mark. Rockstar has put together the best western game to date. Red Deads Revoler's story is a homage to the old Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. This is a great game to add you any collection!
  11. JavaJ.
    May 8, 2004

1. Nothing more than an average execution of an above-average idea. And here's an idea for next time, how about some online play?
  2. When we say that Red Dead is a great little game, the emphasis is as much on the 'little' as it is on the 'great'. [June 2004, p.102]
  3. Not as deep as "Manhunt" or "GTA" but some of the best fun you'll have with a bottle of firewater and some very old guns. [GamesMaster]