8.4

1. Mar 22, 2013
    This game more or less goes back to it's roots, ignoring many of the RE3 mechanics. It is almost as good as the second game, but it suffers from not trying to do anything new other than following the same old formula a little too loyally. At that time, this style of survival horror was starting to get a little stale. That aside it still is a great game with fantastic animation, greatThis game more or less goes back to it's roots, ignoring many of the RE3 mechanics. It is almost as good as the second game, but it suffers from not trying to do anything new other than following the same old formula a little too loyally. At that time, this style of survival horror was starting to get a little stale. That aside it still is a great game with fantastic animation, great gameplay and "interesting" characters. The story is a little too familiar and comes across feeling a little too familiar for most of the game. The other times when it tries to be original it gets a little weird. Overall: A decent Resident Evil game that does nothing wrong, but could have tried to do something new, aside from introducing a little QTE near the end (thanks for that Capcom since we all looove QTEs *he says with sarcastic smirk.*) Expand
  2. May 27, 2012
    My second favorite Resident evil game. This game blew my mind.
  3. Jun 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first played this I didn't like it very much, thought it was kinda boring and too cartoony looking for a horror game. But as I kept playing I really started getting into it and in my opinion it's actually one of the funnest games in the series, as well as the longest. This game could easily take you weeks to beat. However even though this game is super long, not even the amount of character development saved this game from cheese... I still laughed when Steve died. BUT I digress. This is a great game even on it's own, definitely worth a play if you can commit to a 25 hour long play. Expand
  4. Nov 5, 2014
    I don't think I can rate any Resident Evil game from the PS1/PS2 era lower than a 10 with the exception of the FPS ones. Those were just simply a waste of the Resident Evil title. I will say that CVX is interesting and challenging at the same time. You'll love playing it, and even after beating it you'll still want to play it again because it's just that good of a game. With as long asI don't think I can rate any Resident Evil game from the PS1/PS2 era lower than a 10 with the exception of the FPS ones. Those were just simply a waste of the Resident Evil title. I will say that CVX is interesting and challenging at the same time. You'll love playing it, and even after beating it you'll still want to play it again because it's just that good of a game. With as long as some systems have been out, as long as you get a Resident Evil game then you know it'll be a classic game for that system. This game is simply amazing and you'll be on the edge of your seat as well as scratching your head for some puzzles. It's definitely worth playing. Expand
  5. Oct 1, 2012
    This had one of the best stories for a RE game ever. The characters were great and the atmosphere was creepy throughout. both campaigns were plenty long, and the scares were still there.
  6. Jun 28, 2012
    The game is challenging. It's hard. Some parts are frustratingly cheap. The storyline and settings aren't my favorite, but are interesting none the less. The game is visually impressive. Some of the beginning sections with Claire are tedious. Things get better once Chris is playable. This isn't my favorite Resident Evil yet it surprises me that this is a spin off title. Some think itThe game is challenging. It's hard. Some parts are frustratingly cheap. The storyline and settings aren't my favorite, but are interesting none the less. The game is visually impressive. Some of the beginning sections with Claire are tedious. Things get better once Chris is playable. This isn't my favorite Resident Evil yet it surprises me that this is a spin off title. Some think it deserved the Resident Evil "3" title. It's a good game that isn't vastly different from the PSone titles. Beware. The challenge is present. Patience is a must with this game. Expand
  7. Mar 14, 2012
    Very good resident evil. Boring at the start, interesting later. People who voted down for it, i hope you get ran over by a combine harvester lol. Seriously. The graphics are good, sound is good and story is good. ALSO! ITS BEEN RELEASED IN HD ON PS3 AND XBOX 360 LATE 2011! OMG!
  8. Sep 14, 2014
    Code Veronica é mais um excelente game da franquia Resident Evil, um ponto negativo talvez seja o pouco apelo no quesito replay. Mas todos os elementos que o tornaram uma grande franquia estao presentes neste game.
  9. Feb 3, 2015
    RE: Code Veronica X is a good game, it manages to deliver what a survival horror game is supposed to do.
    The story is interesting with a dark and creepy atmosphere in most of the times.
    Clair's as always an interesting character together with Alfred and Alexia, however Chris is as usual a big disappointment. The other flaw on this game is the graphics level, even when this was the first
    The other flaw on this game is the graphics level, even when this was the first game on this franchise to be able to move 360 it is not at the level of the PS2 capacity.
    This is a game you must play if you are either a RE or survival horror fan.
  10. Oct 7, 2015
    Gave it an 8 because I'd been a fan since day one and this game just seemed a little off base for me. Still love it though and it's very worth a play through.
  11. Jun 29, 2016
    After the destruction of Raccoon City in Resident Evil 3:Nemesis everyone thought that the the zombies and monsters infected by the T-virus are gone. Three months later Claire Redfield was caught by soldiers for infiltrated in a Umbrella base in Paris searching for her brother Chris Redfield,she was taken to a military base island where she was kept as prisoner....later she regainAfter the destruction of Raccoon City in Resident Evil 3:Nemesis everyone thought that the the zombies and monsters infected by the T-virus are gone. Three months later Claire Redfield was caught by soldiers for infiltrated in a Umbrella base in Paris searching for her brother Chris Redfield,she was taken to a military base island where she was kept as prisoner....later she regain conciousness and heard a huge earthquake....the lights are gone,strange noises are heard outside...what is going on here? There she knows that her nightmares are back to hunt her...Something much bigger is happening here...

Resident Evil Code Veronica X is a sequel of Resident Evil 2 which is played almost the same way as its predecesors,not much has changed here except now you can equip a lighter in dark places,you can use many weapons in here,the dual weapons can be use to aim two enemies at the same time which is also cool but they took away the dodge move which could be of use to this game....Enemies are the same, zombies,dogs,giant worm,bandersnatch,bats,alphinoid,the deadly Tyrant Etc.

The graphics are good,keep in mind that the graphica are the same as the dreamcast,i'm reviewing the ps2 version...i can say its good but not the best,i mean the scenarios are now in 3D,unlike the first three games which use pre rendered graphics,they look more real,the camara also follows you,the character models are so so but the cutscenes they look better,especially the Redfield siblings and the main antogonist the Ashford siblings. Graphics are good,but there were games with better graphics in 2001like Dead Or Alive 2, Tekken Tag Tournament and the classic Final Fantasy X.

Voice acting in here are believable,Claires voice actress is the same from RE2 which has improved alot,Steve sounds like a dumb 12 year old,the worst voice acting ever in a videogame,Chris sounds better than RE1 which he sounds more tougher more disciplined,but i guess Alfred and Alexia Ashford has the best acting outta all of them,they sound so unique,elegant and evil at the same time.

The music and sounds are one of the best in this game,you hear alot of zombies moaning,flames,flys flying near the lights,lighting here are present in this game,i remember the part where i went pass the secret passage way about to run up the stairs where suddenly you hear a sadistic laugh with lighting...thats one scare here...but nevertheless this game is less scarier than the previous one...you may jump 4 times in this game but its nots scary,its fun to play though.

Resident Evil Code Veronica X although not the most innovative and scariest of the Resident Evil games,its the first one with long story length,introducing the 3D scenario graphics for the first time with great gameplay and voice acting if not all most of them did well...this game is fun to play and if you loved the previous games you will like this one...just don't expect the same scare factors of RE2.
  12. Mar 11, 2013
    It stays true to the series by having all of the difficult puzzles and cheap scares. It great, but not as great, and the main reason for that is that this game is overly cheesy in the dialogue department.
  13. Oct 11, 2013
    EN: Strongest game of the series. Cone Veronica X isn't nearly as fun to play as Resident Evil 3, but the classy soundtrack, gorgeous visuals, very challenging boss fights and dramatic story assures its greatness.
    PT-BR: Melhor jogo da série. Code Veronica X não diverte tanto quanto Resident Evil 3, mas a trilha sonora classuda, o visual deslumbrante, as muitas desafiadoras lutas contra chefes e a história dramática garantem a sua grandiosidade.
  14. Jul 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great Resident Evil. Hard to get used to at first, once you master the controls, it's smooth sailing from then on. The game is arguably one of the most challenging of the series, especially to somebody who is not used to the concept of survivor horror. Conservation is essential to survival. If you waste your ammo, tough,it's not a 21st century war game.. The Knife is the key to killing the basic zombies, while the bosses and advanced creatures require the best in your arsenal. Characters from the first two games are also present, including Wesker, Chris and Claire. Steve Burnside, may be an irritating git, but his cheesy capcom dialogue does not detract from the fact that RE CV is an underrated masterpiece Expand
  15. Sep 22, 2010
    I hope the people who rated this game bad get ripped up for their crimes. I had a dreamcast and it was best. Then PS2 came along and made better game version, Resident Evil Code Veronica game fun. I saw it avaialbe in a shop for small pennies the other day and i weeped a weary tear. I played this game for at least 10 days straight. No...seriously. I had fun with it and then played it moreI hope the people who rated this game bad get ripped up for their crimes. I had a dreamcast and it was best. Then PS2 came along and made better game version, Resident Evil Code Veronica game fun. I saw it avaialbe in a shop for small pennies the other day and i weeped a weary tear. I played this game for at least 10 days straight. No...seriously. I had fun with it and then played it more because the music is Choooooons. Like Andreas said It IS a great game. I played as Claire Redfield or whoever and I got right into. Right stuck in. There were zombies left right and center, all around like standing targets i pulled out my pumper and filled em with digital lead. I shot SOOOO many zombies. More than anyone else. Dont even bother trying to compete. I had the VMU on Dreamcast and the 8MB Memory Cardlet for PS2 and it worked. Like John Lennin said 'Imagine all the people' and Resident Evil Code: VX is a good game. Expand
  16. Sep 30, 2013
    Resident Evil Code veronica have a great storyline, graphics, sounds, gameplay, and the greats characters like Chris and Claire made the game more lovely, this is a very good game and very good survival horror too.
  17. Sep 25, 2015
    This is my favorite old school RE title. The antagonists are weird, like questionably incest weird. That adds to the creepiness of this entry though. Wesker made his first appearance since RE1, and you could play as him(in the battle game). The ps2 version had a lot of fog though, but in a survival horror game that's not really a detractor. I've beaten this game 100% and I enjoyed it, theThis is my favorite old school RE title. The antagonists are weird, like questionably incest weird. That adds to the creepiness of this entry though. Wesker made his first appearance since RE1, and you could play as him(in the battle game). The ps2 version had a lot of fog though, but in a survival horror game that's not really a detractor. I've beaten this game 100% and I enjoyed it, the worst part of completing was Wesker in the Battle game, you just get a knife, and have to kill hunters, and a boss, (try it in first person). In the end I really like this entry, a remake would be a good idea for this one, after they remake RE2. Expand
  18. Jul 29, 2015
    Resident Evil Code: Veronica X is a great game. I love the fact it has both Claire and Chris Redfield in the game but I don't like Wesker I really cannot stand Wesker. I rather play this game over Resident Evil 4 just like I rather play 5 and 6 over 4. I love Claire to death because she has been one of my favorite characters since Resident Evil 2. I only played as Claire in Resident Evil 2Resident Evil Code: Veronica X is a great game. I love the fact it has both Claire and Chris Redfield in the game but I don't like Wesker I really cannot stand Wesker. I rather play this game over Resident Evil 4 just like I rather play 5 and 6 over 4. I love Claire to death because she has been one of my favorite characters since Resident Evil 2. I only played as Claire in Resident Evil 2 when I was younger and never tried Leon until years later. I was 3 when Resident Evil 2 came out. Anyway I love Code: Veronica a lot and I will always play through it so many times. Expand
  19. vgm
    Sep 1, 2016
    One of the last Resident Evil with the classic gameplay and following the main storyline. Like the previous games of the saga, it is a bit hard to pass at some times due to the limited number of save points. For this reason I had to repeat many times a few parts of the game due to being killed by a boss or having to control more wisely the ammo I spend. Overall it is a very good game.
  20. Andreas
    Mar 9, 2002
    It's a great game.
  21. KrizzE.
    Feb 5, 2002
    Best Best and Best.
  22. VampireOfDoom
    Oct 26, 2001
    Very good game..you play in a horror movie..MOEHAHAHA!!!
  23. ChrisS.
    Aug 23, 2001
    It's awesome.
  24. BryanK.
    Jun 4, 2002
    This is so cool, it's the best game ever I could play it for hours.
  25. AndrewJ.
    May 14, 2003
    THis game is great, although the PS2 version doesn't seem to offer more than some of the PS1 versions.
  26. Rebel
    Dec 31, 2001
    The Game is the best RE ever. It is hard but would you want a game you can finish in 30 min the first time playing? As for the "sucks" rating, must not have been able to get past the first puzzle..HINT: Equip lighter....
  27. LeonK.
    Apr 11, 2002
    Great game. Filled with thrills, shocks, and jump out of your seat moments.
  28. AfanoftheResidentEvilgames
    Mar 22, 2003
    This game is definately one of the best in the Resident Evil franchise. Great thrills, great cutscenes, lots of action, it is much better than any other game released in the Resident Evil series. Unfortunately, it has some problems. The difficulty is one of them. This game is extremely difficult, with health items scarce, ink ribbons, and handgun bullets also scarce. Not only that, but This game is definately one of the best in the Resident Evil franchise. Great thrills, great cutscenes, lots of action, it is much better than any other game released in the Resident Evil series. Unfortunately, it has some problems. The difficulty is one of them. This game is extremely difficult, with health items scarce, ink ribbons, and handgun bullets also scarce. Not only that, but there is a lot of backtracking involved. Those problems aside, this game is definitely awesome. Expand
  29. PIRANHAG.
    Jul 6, 2003
    A very good game. Resident Evil has always gave us good games, this one is no exception. It´s very long, it has a nice story line, and it has ZOMBIES (stupids but it´s ok...) absolutely great.
  30. annoymousannoymous
    Oct 16, 2004
    The game's good, however, I can't get the devil may cry demo working. I bought it at software exc in the used department. Four things could be wrong with it. 1. It's fragmented 2. It's infected 3. It's not going to work with version 1.10 4. There's an unknown proble, with it. Other than that, it's Great!

#13 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#51 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. Clearly the best game yet produced for the survival-horror subgenre of adventure gaming, in spite of its flaws.
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    A necessary part of any adventure gamer’s balanced breakfast…Masterful storytelling and superb graphics. [Sept 2001, p.144]
    This is, for all intents and purposes the same game that was released for the DC over a year ago. It was great then, it's still great now.