7.8

1. Jun 18, 2017
    Just as great as the first, with some nice added features. The level design in the second installment is far more complex and varied, fills in some holes spanning 1-3 of the main games, and there is a hundred hours of value there if you wish. That said, there's really only about eight hours of play, with the rest being the same thing over and over with slight variations; differentJust as great as the first, with some nice added features. The level design in the second installment is far more complex and varied, fills in some holes spanning 1-3 of the main games, and there is a hundred hours of value there if you wish. That said, there's really only about eight hours of play, with the rest being the same thing over and over with slight variations; different characters, different difficulty ect. My main complaint of the first stayed the same here, and that's the ridiculousness of having to not only complete the game on the previous difficulty to unlock the next, but you then have to buy (using in game points that you earn) the next difficulty level. Would have been acceptable to make hard available from start, then unlock very hard on completion, such as many games do it, but the system here is repetitive and silly. Other than that, it's a fantastic game that fans will love and outsiders will enjoy. Expand
  2. May 27, 2017
    JUEGAZO, ojala haya remastered.........................................................................................................................
  3. Mar 24, 2016
    One of the best RE games and with infinitely better coop than the newer installments. It's late and I don't want to think so..........................
  4. Feb 11, 2015
    This is by far my favorite resident evil game ever made. *Drops the mic* Alright now let me get serious and explain why. For one this is the gameplay style of a classic resident evil game, with puzzles and a variety of characters with differing abilities to playthrough with. With characters having relatins and that effecting how much they'll stick with you and how helpful they'll be. I'llThis is by far my favorite resident evil game ever made. *Drops the mic* Alright now let me get serious and explain why. For one this is the gameplay style of a classic resident evil game, with puzzles and a variety of characters with differing abilities to playthrough with. With characters having relatins and that effecting how much they'll stick with you and how helpful they'll be. I'll be honest, the game is short but takes a few playthroughs of each of the later scenarios to get them right. I love the characters, the classic gameplay with free movement. All the missions are great fun and interesting, the music is wonderful. This is my favorite Resident Evil game, yet I am willing to realize that Resident Evil 4, 2, Revelations, and Remake are all better games, I just have a special place in my heart for this one. Expand
  5. Apr 12, 2014
    I'm still in shock after seeing the rating of this game. RE Outbreak 2 is probably one of the best RE out there! First off, the atmosphere is fantastic, and it's sure to give goosebumps to anyone. The lonely feeling in case you're playing without companions, the thrill the soundtrack plays and the fear of there being always something dead chasing you. Second, I think that for a game ofI'm still in shock after seeing the rating of this game. RE Outbreak 2 is probably one of the best RE out there! First off, the atmosphere is fantastic, and it's sure to give goosebumps to anyone. The lonely feeling in case you're playing without companions, the thrill the soundtrack plays and the fear of there being always something dead chasing you. Second, I think that for a game of 2005 the graphics are quite good.

Let us talk about gameplay. It probably isn't much different from the other RE, but it has some new features, including that every character has a special skill. For example, Jim is weak and a coward, but he can play dead to avoid zombies, and Kevin is a police officer that can shoot a gun more powerfully than anyone. Plus, you can choose which character to play before the levels, and sometimes you might get special dialogue or exclusive items depending on who you choose.

Basically, this game is awesome, a great survival horror with clever puzzles. Don't mind the negative review, go and play!
  6. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil: Outbreak first released back 2005, Gameplay is Perfect, Story is 100% Better then Crap 4-6, Online is Perfect in everyway.
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Story: 8/10
    Total: 8/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released.
  7. Mar 19, 2013
    I know 10/10 is questionable but I have so many memories with this installment. It kept the whole survival horror aspect, File 2 was of course the best out of the two. I will always consider this the best & the most fun. The characters were not super cops nor soldiers or skilled fighters. Each character had their own stats and special abilities (excluding unlockable skins). Voice chat wasI know 10/10 is questionable but I have so many memories with this installment. It kept the whole survival horror aspect, File 2 was of course the best out of the two. I will always consider this the best & the most fun. The characters were not super cops nor soldiers or skilled fighters. Each character had their own stats and special abilities (excluding unlockable skins). Voice chat was a complain some had, voice chat was only allowed in the lobby but not in game, This could have ruined the game in some ways due to the fact that locating a partner who needs help would have been a cake walk, so no in game chat was a huge plus because it kept players on their toes. Having the ability to talk to players would have ruined most of the memorable moments that scared us and had our hearts pumping. Proximity chat would have been very welcomed, never the less it did not ruin the experience at all.
    When a game leaves you with unforgettable memories (funny, scary, suspensful or plain fun) then you know it is a great game. The outbreak series is by far one of those hidden gems, a cult classic perse'. I for one wish this game got a decent makeover like RE1 did on the NGC. Pros:
    -Survival Horror at it's finest.
    -Normal characters who did not posess super skills but rather required teamwork. -Teamwork was a must; if an allly was injured you could help them up but risk was involved.
    -Bio-monsters from past cannon entries make an appearance as well as new ones.
    -The exclusion of in game chat added to the experience. Players had preset voice commands that were muffled if you were indoors & sounded distant if you were far of course.

Cons:
    -Community was considerably small.
    -The marketting for this title was so bad that most people know nothing about it.
    -Bad timing, this title would have done better on current gen console.

Unfortanately this is an online only title (you won't survive alone), so the chances of going back to experience this cult classic are very slim as I am sure the servers are dead & the chances of a remake or sequel ar also slim due to how obscure this great title was.
    I for one hope to see a revival or a good remake of file 1 & 2.
  8. Mar 14, 2012
    Best game EVER. Instead of surviving the horrors of zombies and monsters as typical police or war veterans, you play as un experienced civilians stuck in the horrors of Raccoon City. They need to escape before the bombs drop. This is a GREAT prequel to the events of RE2 and RE3. It takes place RIGHT when the outbreak starts. Shows alot of how things happened too. (how marvin the cop wasBest game EVER. Instead of surviving the horrors of zombies and monsters as typical police or war veterans, you play as un experienced civilians stuck in the horrors of Raccoon City. They need to escape before the bombs drop. This is a GREAT prequel to the events of RE2 and RE3. It takes place RIGHT when the outbreak starts. Shows alot of how things happened too. (how marvin the cop was wounded, etc.) Expand
  9. Nov 15, 2011
    great game! I love this game and i hope that the game gets a third. PLEASE fans, sign this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/042690/petition.html we need 10000 and have 9000
  10. Aug 25, 2010
    The graphics are simple but the difficulty is absurd, a few bullets and many monsters, is the kind of Resident Evil that is characterized as Survival Horror.
  11. MikeG
    Feb 11, 2007
    People still don't get it. Adding a headset function would take all of the mystery out of each scenario. I wouldn't have played this game as much if someone told me how to do everything the first time. Also, have you played socom? most people using headsets are rude. It's for these reasons I love this game, but also why there won't be a OBF3.
  12. Tom
    Apr 14, 2006
    I agree with Charlie. This game is more in life detail and when Echelon said they run like there drunk well....it started in a bar didnt it they probably are drunk.
  13. CharlieW.
    Oct 29, 2005
    For any idiots who voted one: You're an idiot. [Ed: Logic...] Have you even tryed playing the game online? It's a whole new experience. Why doesn't the game pause when you hit "start" during gameplay? Here's your answer: Does the world pause when take a look in your backpack or when you're loading a weapon? Outbreak gives the game a LIVE feel. RE4 has absolutly For any idiots who voted one: You're an idiot. [Ed: Logic...] Have you even tryed playing the game online? It's a whole new experience. Why doesn't the game pause when you hit "start" during gameplay? Here's your answer: Does the world pause when take a look in your backpack or when you're loading a weapon? Outbreak gives the game a LIVE feel. RE4 has absolutly NO replay value. It was nothing but a mindless gorefest like doom. Expand
  14. DollyN.
    Sep 5, 2005
    I have and played all the resident games and love playing them. They get better every time you make it. Keep up the work and I look forward to the next gameof resident evil. Hopefully its file #3.
  15. john
    Jun 29, 2005
    It was a cool game.
  16. RobertM.
    May 24, 2005
    This game is awesome how can it have a 5.5 rating? i love it!!!! 11 best resident evil ever!
  17. ChrisG.
    May 10, 2005
    Well il say the good first, its just friggin awesome! it beats the original in level design and gameplay and even if you cant use chat except dialogue, it still works with the commands (remember tribes whn you couldent say anything? that sucked).The lobbys have changed (in a good way) and it can just be plain fun and exciting. Inow to talk about the game offline (which, i gotta say, is aWell il say the good first, its just friggin awesome! it beats the original in level design and gameplay and even if you cant use chat except dialogue, it still works with the commands (remember tribes whn you couldent say anything? that sucked).The lobbys have changed (in a good way) and it can just be plain fun and exciting. Inow to talk about the game offline (which, i gotta say, is a different story), well some people might think that bad ai isnt all that bad but i gotta say, if your teammate doesnt listen and wanders around or if he/her does, they usually run right into the enemy, and then they wont shut up about helping them out.And the worst part of offline mode, remember when you can become a zombie? Well it ain't here! not even your teammates can become one.So if your completetly insane from them babbling and killing themselves and when, you get just crazy enough to want to kill yourself, you cant get revenge on those bastard ai.All in all id say ,with a few flaws, its an all in all fun game and you just might enjoy it. And please,dont think its bad from your other ideas to make it better, its still fun. Expand
  18. DustinF.
    Apr 26, 2005
    I played a demo and Liked it a lot. I also enjoy the fact that more animals were used like the tigers and the elephant. I think it would be a perfect ten if you could control you character with the USB Headset.
  19. PicolinoA.
    Feb 2, 2005
    The best of the bests.
  20. PaulP.
    Jun 29, 2004
    I hope they make more games of resident evil online it was a great experiance. It was one of the best game i ever played.Plz make more they are so cool im a fan of resident evil. Thank You for making such great game. I'll be waiting for the next game you guys make .

#31 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#27 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 32 gold [Vol 822]
  2. More challenging puzzles, larger levels and new zombies to battle. All of this will please people who liked the first game and none of this will change the minds of people who hate the first game. Some of the key problems with the game like the lack of communication between players still hasn't been solved. [JPN Import]
  3. The best missions are better than the first Outbreak's but the others are too similar. Wait for the UK release to get the best of all words - online and fresh levels. [JPN Import; PSM2]