Ribbit King PlayStation 2

• Publisher: Bandai
  • Release Date: Jun 15, 2004

1. LauraG.
    Dec 20, 2007
    If you're looking for a fun, slightly witty, and different multi player game, Ribbit King is your match. I bought it for my brother on a whim and my whole family enjoys it as much as they do We Love Katamari. More options for game play would be nice, but it's excellent for what it is.
  2. Jul 15, 2013
    Ribbit King initially caught my eye as it looked like a unique spin on the golf genre. It soon became clear however that winning relied almost completely on luck making multi-player games a complete bore as two identical shots result in totally different results. If you want a fun golf game pick up Everybody's Golf instead.

The best way to describe Ribbit King is mind numbing. My main complaints are that there's too much dead time -- where you're forced to watch animations you've seen countless times again and again (there's no way to skip them) and the game is a lot more about luck than it is skill.
  2. This subtlety, off the wall humour and quaint fun makes Ribbit King multiplayer very compelling indeed.
  3. Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
    A perfectly fun, surreal distraction - but only when playing with live frolfers. If you go at it alone, even the Frolf Referee's entertaining mannerisms won't make up for the frustration caused by the cheating A.I. [July 2004, p.96]