Samurai Warriors PlayStation 2

• Release Date: May 6, 2004
8.8

1. PedroG.
    Jun 30, 2004
    This is the best gme ever!!!!!!
  2. SamT.
    Aug 8, 2004
    It's an awesome game on single player and multi-player alike.a must buy!!
  3. ProfessorFrink
    May 10, 2004
    Completely overated. Sure, it gets fun the first few days, but then you notice the boring repetition. The A.I. is pathetic, the slow motion dying gets annoying because you keep attacking someone that's already dead over and over, the ranged attack is HORRIBLE, you fire so slowly so you have to aim a little ahead of the person your aiming at, but it keeps locking back on to the Completely overated. Sure, it gets fun the first few days, but then you notice the boring repetition. The A.I. is pathetic, the slow motion dying gets annoying because you keep attacking someone that's already dead over and over, the ranged attack is HORRIBLE, you fire so slowly so you have to aim a little ahead of the person your aiming at, but it keeps locking back on to the person! Also, the storyline is confusing, the bosses are boring, the combos and pointless, the graphics choppy and bland, the multiplayer tiny, and the so called strategy sucks. They tell you to go somewhere, but they say it really fast and then like 20 dots appear on the map, and you have no idea how to get to them. There aren't enough guys, the levels way too long. It is also totally unrealistic, I was going around, stomping people on a horse, when this little guy hits me, and I go rolling like 300 feet away! If you are really a die hard fan, then wait a few months for the price to lower, or get a different version (like one of the dynasty warriors). Trust me, you will not like this game. Why did I give it a 5, well, its ok the first few days. Expand
  4. DaveT.
    Jul 26, 2004
    GREAT GAME.
  5. JasonC.
    Oct 11, 2004
    Amazing graphics. Great great great!!!
  6. DerSturmbannfuhrer
    May 13, 2004
    I have thouroughly enjoyed all of the dynasty warriors games and i have thouroughly enjoyed this one as well, the "professor" doesn't know what he speaks of and will answer to Hirunobi Musashi......Muhahahahahahhhahahahaha.
  7. CarlyL.
    Jun 11, 2004
    The Prof is right about the guides. The maps are almost useless and cluttered. Once you take one character through the story why would you do it again? It is fun for a while but then the repetitive nature of the engine wears thin. Rent it or wait till its in the sales bin.

1. Merely mediocre in terms of graphics (including the pitiful draw-distance in multiplayer), and simple problems like the inept camera have yet to be fixed. Its strong gameplay manages to squeak out a passing grade. [May 2004, p.97]
  2. Edge Magazine
    Once the novelty of the new setting and storylines has worn off - there's little genuine inovation to hold your interest. [July 2004, p.104]
  3. Playboy
    The occasionally mindless, thumb-numbing play gets a helpful boost from a random mission generator and gory hidden death traps that turn enemies into meat skewers. [May 2004]