8.2

1. Sep 21, 2012
    A damn good arcade dogfighter game. The graphcis are very nice, the story is surprisingly interesting and the missions are varied enough to keep you feeling interested throughout the entire campaign. There are also a variety of different planes and weapon types to help keep mission replys feeling fresh. It may not be the most realistic game out there, but it a very fun game to play.
  2. Nov 17, 2016
    I give Secret Weapons over Normandy a 8.5 out of 10. This game is what I would call an underrated gem. It comes from a time where games focused more on being fun and easy instead of now where they try to make them hard and realistic as possible. I enjoyed the story very much. I love the characters. I liked the amount of great WWII aircraft and the ability to upgrade them and the instantI give Secret Weapons over Normandy a 8.5 out of 10. This game is what I would call an underrated gem. It comes from a time where games focused more on being fun and easy instead of now where they try to make them hard and realistic as possible. I enjoyed the story very much. I love the characters. I liked the amount of great WWII aircraft and the ability to upgrade them and the instant action was a good idea for when ever you got bored of the campaign. it's easy to learn quickly and use. Some of the games missions like Mission 7: Midway and Missions 15: D-Day can be rage inducing, at least for me it was, the rest of the missions are very good. I recommend this to those who enjoy flight simulators. Expand
  3. DanielFriday
    Dec 4, 2003
    Not a bad game at all, if you're a sad freak whose into realistic unfun sim games then dont buy this...its made for a GAMES console...its just a fun. Easy to get used to flying game...the medal of honor of the sky's... if unsure like i was at first about then rent it first, you might be supprised...its actually not a bad game.
  4. faizala
    Dec 10, 2009
    great game although we are going into 2010. more flexibility required on the flight controls. very enjoyable.
  5. ShawnG.
    Dec 5, 2003
    This game is over all pretty good... compared to crimson skies its a beast. Gameplay is smooth. Graphics are awsome although they could have worked on the special weapons cam. The only problems I had with it were that you can't do barrel rolls and there is no adjuster for difficulty settings so you just have to go at it at whatever difficulty its at.
  6. SergioG.
    Nov 27, 2003
    Easy to use, lots of fun.
  7. AaronB.
    Nov 29, 2003
    Great game! Look past the unrealism!! Have FUN!! To me, it's much more fun to have a blast with a fun, yet unrealistic game, than be frustrated with a hard, realistic game.
  8. Apr 6, 2012
    This GAME/ is a piece of junk! I have played a lot of PS2 games in my time buit NOTHING as bad as this. I intend to smash the CD so that some poor Gamer doesn't go through the misery of trying tp play it. Lucas Arts should be selling blank CDs instead of ruining them by recording games like this one!

forlornjohn

#71 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. A great WWII experience as well as an exceptional game. The lack of multiplayer and a few discrepancies keep SWON from being a spectacular game but it still is exceptional.
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    For the first half of the game, varied missions keep the action interesting. After a dozen sorties, however, it get old, and all but the most patient pilots will want to pop the canopy. [Jan 2004, p.109]
  3. Secret Weapons' assortment of bombing runs, dogfights, and detail missions fly by thanks to an emphasis on arcade-style ease-of-play, but one simply leads into the next.