8.7

Nov 17, 2005
    Challenging and addivtive.
  2. R.D.
    Jan 4, 2008
    An Amazing game. The Shin Megami Tensei franchises always fascinate me but this one truly stands out as gaming glory.
  3. Aug 29, 2010
    Although the encounter rate is rather high, it has extremely tight combat which more than makes up for the encounter rate. The story is wonderful, the cast is great, and the actors do an extremely well job of delivering their lines. The Mantra Grid makes for great customization, allowing you to, literally, learn every ability in the game (aside from special story related abilities). If youAlthough the encounter rate is rather high, it has extremely tight combat which more than makes up for the encounter rate. The story is wonderful, the cast is great, and the actors do an extremely well job of delivering their lines. The Mantra Grid makes for great customization, allowing you to, literally, learn every ability in the game (aside from special story related abilities). If you finished and enjoyed the first Digital Devil Saga, this is, quite obviously, a must-buy. Expand
  4. BenV.
    Nov 27, 2005
    So much better than the first one, yet they're extremely similar. Some of the best story and strategy you'll ever find in a videogame.
  5. Feb 25, 2014
    Digital Devil Saga returns to kick me in the balls with its random battle encounter rate. Visually appealing, but more of the same from part 1, and uses 90% of the same assets. Again, the combat is the best part though we have more of a story this time, only recommended to those who loved the nuts off the first game.
  6. Dec 31, 2011
    Maps are more a little more varied than part one and I believe there is more enemies in this game, although the plot gets a little confusing feels like I need to read into it more online. Same as part one for nocturne and strange journey fans not persona 3/4 fans.

1. This is a must-have sequel in a must-have series. [Nov 2005, p.80]
    Digital Devil Saga 2 brings the strange story started by the first game to a spectacular, dramatic, and bizarrely calm end.
  3. This is an RPG anyone can get behind, with depths to plumb that I simply don't have space to mention. Give it a shot. [Nov 2005, p.143]