• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Oct 20, 2005
8.1

1. BenV.
    Oct 8, 2005
    Once again, Shining Force has become one of the worst games in the genre that is the RPG. And once again, Sega has proven to me that it is the worst videogame company. If you have already picked this up and want to get rid of its horrible taste, I suggest much better action RPGs like the Dark Cloud and Kingdom Hearts series.
  2. Dec 30, 2010
    this game is evil and evil to its rotten core . if you have played shining force 1 , 2 , 3 , and cd you know why. it dumps the turned based stratagy for craptacular hack and slash . so its no longer a SRPG but a hack n Slash RPG that is dull on all fronts . this game was made during sega's dark years of making nothing but rancid games and i should have expected this but my love for the oldthis game is evil and evil to its rotten core . if you have played shining force 1 , 2 , 3 , and cd you know why. it dumps the turned based stratagy for craptacular hack and slash . so its no longer a SRPG but a hack n Slash RPG that is dull on all fronts . this game was made during sega's dark years of making nothing but rancid games and i should have expected this but my love for the old shining force games made me wana believe this was gona be every bit or even some what close to as great as thoose classic games where . alas it hurt to see one of my favorite series puked all over such as this. Collapse
  3. Dec 30, 2010

#90 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

It's great fun, a fantastic example of substance and style, and provides depth at nearly every turn. What better way to combat the armies of darkness?
  2. In the end, Neo contains all of the Shining that gamers are looking for, but none of the Force.
  3. It's a long game whose simplistic but satisfying combat can be quite addictive, but mostly for meticulous players who don't get frustrated easily.