6.6

1. Oct 6, 2011
    I had very high hopes for this game but it turned out to be the worst silent hill game I have ever played. The story was good certainly better than SH homecoming but the thing that kills this game is the gameplay. It has to easy puzzles ( I mean the only thing you need to know is how to open a PURSE to get the key!? ).
    enemies only appear when you are in the "ice world" so literally half
    enemies only appear when you are in the "ice world" so literally half of the game you don't get any enemies which also makes the game too predictable. Ant the biggest mines that a horror game can have is not being scary! So in conclusion good story but boring, easy and not scary gameplay.
  2. Apr 23, 2011
    I loved SH1-3 (4 not quite as much) and I was looking forward to playing this.
    Removing combat and monsters from the game was a horrible idea.
    Silent Hill just isn't scary (at all) if you feel safe whenever you're not in a chase scene. The fog world is exclusively there for puzzles and a little exploration. The otherworld for the "scares". The chase scenes are another thing I'd have
    I loved SH1-3 (4 not quite as much) and I was looking forward to playing this.
    Removing combat and monsters from the game was a horrible idea.

The chase scenes are another thing I'd have liked to be changed. The Raw Shocks are the most bland enemies I've ever encountered in the whole series.
    This wouldn't be such an issue if they weren't the _only_ type of monster in the whole game.
    The chase scenes are annoying at best, but they didn't scare me.

Another annoying element is the cellphone.
    The soundtrack is okay, but Yamaoka wrote better. (Hello SH1-4)

I got the SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER "We'll always love you" ending and it didn't touch me emotionally at all, especially when you compare it to the endings of SH2.
  3. Oct 6, 2011
    enemies only appear when you are in the "ice world" so literally half

1. Here's what you will recognize: a convoluted plot involving a missing daughter and rampant, depraved ghosts; frequent switching between the "real" world and a ghastly nightmare realm; and many locked doors with craftily hidden keys.
  2. Shattered Memories was an attempt at doing something different with the Silent Hill series. Unfortunately, just because something is different doesn't mean it's better.
    The PS2 iteration is no slouch, either. It very closely resembles the Wii incarnation and controls well enough with dual-analog sticks that gamers who don't own both systems won't miss the Wii remote. Meanwhile, since the content is otherwise identical, there's great fun to be had.