• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 11, 2005
8.8

1. Oct 27, 2011
    This game is godly. It has large combat with vehicles and small combat with no vehicles giving you the best of both worlds. The only downside is some of the small maps are poorly designed, but most of them are great and so much fun. Very challenging and tactical game modes too.
  2. May 24, 2011
    Just plain fun. I could go on SOCOM bingers for hours at a time online. Tons of maps. Easy to meet new friends online. Too bad the cheaters have to ruin it. RIP SOCOM. I wish my PS3 would play the old PS2 disks. Maybe for kicks Ill pick up another PS2 but Id rather see the original SOCOM games rewritten for PS3.
  3. ScottyHotty
    Oct 16, 2005
    Excellent all round. Zipper has listened to its fans and have made an excellent addition to the Socom library. Enjoy!
  4. John
    Oct 22, 2005
    The graphics are horrible. They seem to be below socom 2. The command interface sucks. And the AI is pretty stupid. Conflict Global terror is better.
  5. JasonH.
    Dec 3, 2005
    Does it matter how good the game is if the controls suck? The controls are unintuitive and difficult. I like a game that challenges your tactics, not your ability to use a difficult interface - that is just not fun. A bad interface is unforgiveable.
  6. JohnShizzle
    Dec 30, 2005
    dude if u don't get this game u mite as well die.. seriously best online play ever .. of course it has some glitches n crap and the ranking is screwed up but dude this game is out of line i've had socom 2 and 1 and that idiot who doesn't kno how 2 use the controls needs to get a life .. best game ever
  7. Tannerline
    Dec 5, 2005
    i love this game even though i got the same problemas alex p. its still fun to play online event w/o a head set graphics are good and vehicles are awsome.
  8. ScottT.
    May 1, 2006
    this game is a really enjoyable game to play especially because you can get a pack for it and you can talk to your team!
  9. JoeA.
    May 9, 2006
    good campaign for once online is pretty uber but on the other hand - waiting til da end of a round just so u can play again cos u died sucks when u first start playing online, u often do more watching & waitnig than actual playing good tho.
  10. JeremyH.
    Sep 30, 2008
    This is the best game I have ever played, if you enjoy any shooter games you should love this game, the online mode is amazing and i have yet to get bored with it.. 10 does not go high enough for this game.
  11. C.S.
    Oct 15, 2005
    I've owned a Socom game since the day the original Socom was released. I can't believe I'm saying this but this game isn't fun. Take it from me. I would rent this before buying. Graphics are hard to look at.They are maybe a step above the original Tomb Raider. Game play has changed dramatically from S2. Zipper dropped the ball on this one. But then again they made a I've owned a Socom game since the day the original Socom was released. I can't believe I'm saying this but this game isn't fun. Take it from me. I would rent this before buying. Graphics are hard to look at.They are maybe a step above the original Tomb Raider. Game play has changed dramatically from S2. Zipper dropped the ball on this one. But then again they made a game for a system that is on it's last legs. Expand
  12. SethG.
    Oct 18, 2005
    Best Game out for the Ps2, a must have for any gamer, or if you just have a Ps2.
  13. SteveC.
    Oct 19, 2005
    What a let down. Gives me a headache to look at these graphics. Vehicles don't feel natural like Halo. They could have done better.
  14. James
    Oct 25, 2005
    Best socom yet. This game is amazing.
  15. nana
    Oct 7, 2005
    Vehicles rock! I'm so getting this game.
  16. David
    May 27, 2006
    best military online game i'd will ever play. I like the team work. the sound quality is the best , if your a military buff like me you knoe this game is as close as you can get.
  17. Dave
    Aug 16, 2006
    The best online military game out there. Heres why: The controls are tight. The online based Military is dead on, I should know, I served in the Charlie Squad Unit 23. The guns are spectacular. I have yet to play Battlefield 2, but from what my friends and what i've read, this kicks its rump. So, if you're really into Military based online games? This is a must.
  18. Kacey
    Nov 2, 2005
    I believe the graphics arent that great, but they really dont have to be great to make it a great game. Online is very fun, and will be much better when the first patch comes out i hope. (I think the reason the graphics arent what all of u hoped them to be is to help reduce lag, which i am 100% in favor for)
  19. JimP.
    Oct 13, 2005
    Too many silencers!! Ask I guy serving in the military if have the foe he encounters has silenced weapons...the lags there, dont let people kid u..u can see the frame rate slow down. Game does improve some things from S2. The vehicles are more fun than I thouguht. But as a loyal Socomer I actually played the Battlefield 2 demo and liked it better!
  20. hurricane~26
    Oct 14, 2005
    I rented it from blockbuster and i had the second one i was so excited. Let dowN ! THe graphics arent improved at all maybe worse i cant decide. The team AI isnt much better. Enimes are smarter but if your team isnt whats the fun. I was on one level and my PS2 froze up like a computer 3 diffrent times!!!!!! i had to restart the long dmn hard level, i was on easy and it was hard. I beat 2I rented it from blockbuster and i had the second one i was so excited. Let dowN ! THe graphics arent improved at all maybe worse i cant decide. The team AI isnt much better. Enimes are smarter but if your team isnt whats the fun. I was on one level and my PS2 froze up like a computer 3 diffrent times!!!!!! i had to restart the long dmn hard level, i was on easy and it was hard. I beat 2 with difficulties but thsi was hard. maybe rent it but dont buy unless u play online i dont. Expand
  21. DeenaakaSnowySnowy
    Oct 14, 2005
    Ive been addicted since day one of socom one. The third is excellent, even though the boyz say I can't drive the jeeps just like a typical woman. But I'm hooked again! Love it!
  22. AlexP.
    Oct 16, 2005
    I got a bad game. My mic will work on single player, socom 2 and everthing besides socom3 online. ive tried everything. im waiting for them to put a patch because a lot of people are haveing the same problem i am.
  23. BryanB(a.k.a.Renix)
    Dec 11, 2005
    GREAT GAME.... New comers may have a hard time ajusting to online play or even single player...fun once you get the hang of it. Old players of the Socom era...gonna love it.
  24. ZackM.
    Nov 22, 2005
    This game rocks! I've beat it 4 times already and it's gotten better everytime. If you don't have this game you'd better get your head examined. This is the premire game if your looking for non-stop action (as I do). If you don't buy Socom 3 at least rent it, you wont be dissapointed!

My favorite online game for the PlayStation 2 thus far. It has an excellent mix of the best elements from "Battlefield" and "Rainbow Six," both of which are games I love. The singleplayer is pretty good this time around as well.
    If you're wondering if it's worth picking up, consider yourself warned if you're a newcomer -- it's a tough nut to crack. If you've been a long-time fan, close this browser window and head to the store.
    The single-player campaign is the best yet in the series.