• Publisher: Sega
  • Also On: PC
6.7

1. SamH.
    Mar 1, 2006
    Okay, I just got the game and I'm a really big fan of Sonic and found this game so much fun and has amazing graphics. get this game, you'd be the happiest person alive.
  2. MarkK.
    Oct 13, 2007
    A decent game, just let down by poor mechanics and average graphics.
  3. DaveCharlton
    Mar 24, 2008
    I don't think Sonic Riders should be judged too harshly on the back of its difficulty level, but criticisms of the soundtrack, graphics and level design are well warranted. Whether it's all really worth the learning curve is up to the game. I'm someone who thought the Dreamcast version of F1 World Grand Prix was one of the most rewarding racers he had ever played. NeedlessI don't think Sonic Riders should be judged too harshly on the back of its difficulty level, but criticisms of the soundtrack, graphics and level design are well warranted. Whether it's all really worth the learning curve is up to the game. I'm someone who thought the Dreamcast version of F1 World Grand Prix was one of the most rewarding racers he had ever played. Needless to say, Sonic Riders, with its dodgy level design, atrocious music, obnoxious voice overs and unintuitive controls couldn't dream of being in the same league, but there is some fun to be had if you have the patience to get used to it. Collapse
  4. May 5, 2011
    Though Sonic Riders "looks" great, it feels wonky. Pros: Fantastic visuals; glossy soundtrack; overall, it is a stylish racer that has some good ideas. Cons: The turbulence sequences can eliminate your chances of winning the race; quirky controls; track designs range between peculiar and frustrating.
  5. May 19, 2011
    Even at "super Sonic" speed, Sonic Riders feels sluggish. Pros: Flashy visuals; glossy soundtrack; overall, it's a stylish racer that has some good ideas. Cons: The turbulence system frequently robs you of gameplay; wonky controls; poor track designs; frustrating mechanics and AI.
  6. Apr 26, 2012
    This is similar to kart racers, but this futuristic racing style succeeds for the most part. The racing options and the story are very amusing fun.
  7. Feb 21, 2013
    This game has a very interesting spin on the kart racing genre. I like that they didnt go with generic kart racer and went with some new, and quite interesting ideas. however, the controls and overall design hold this game back from being great, and make it more of a lackluster title, which wont quite give you hours upon hours of fun. This game is still fun and enjoyable, but it couldveThis game has a very interesting spin on the kart racing genre. I like that they didnt go with generic kart racer and went with some new, and quite interesting ideas. however, the controls and overall design hold this game back from being great, and make it more of a lackluster title, which wont quite give you hours upon hours of fun. This game is still fun and enjoyable, but it couldve been excecuted better. I got my copy at a Gian Tiger brand new for $5.77, so i definitely got my moneys worth, but i wouldnt pay anymore than 10$ for this experience. For racing and sonic fans only. If you arent a fan of either, id stay well away. Personally, I think this is a cool game, but it could have been done much better. Expand
  8. Apr 21, 2014
    racing on hover boards sounds fun, and for the most part it is. the maps in the game are pretty boring and the story is there just for the sake of having a story but this was pretty fun game and one of the better sonic games in recent years, not that that's saying much. it's no Mario kart, but its something different.
  9. Mar 24, 2015
    Good things about the game: good graphics good storyline and very enjoyable! Bad things: hardly any stages and the game is at times boring. But overall Sonic riders is a great game

1. The series’ most notable feature – unparalleled speed – was somehow lost on this installment. Frustration prevails, an element I hope is excluded from all future Sonic releases.
  2. While not the deepest racer, the game has speedy thrills and frantic multiplayer action that help bring Sonic's usual racing antics and signature speed to the sky.
    Sonic is one of the fastest videogame mascots alive, so why has he been made to ride a sluggish snowboard in this new racer?