Soul Reaver 2 PlayStation 2

8.4

1. B.C.
    Dec 23, 2003
    This game is mind bending but if you are a fan of strategic games then this is for you although it is too short of a game it makes up for it with its puzzles.
  2. DanE.
    Jan 10, 2002
    I haven't beat it, but so far the game seems great. The only thing that makes me mad about the game is the damn swimming controls. After a while you get used to it though. I waited for this for a while after playing SR1, the game was everything I expected. Great graphics, voiceovers are good. Another thing that is okay but not great about the cutscreens on ps2 is that you spend most I haven't beat it, but so far the game seems great. The only thing that makes me mad about the game is the damn swimming controls. After a while you get used to it though. I waited for this for a while after playing SR1, the game was everything I expected. Great graphics, voiceovers are good. Another thing that is okay but not great about the cutscreens on ps2 is that you spend most of your time usually watcing them. But I give it a 9. Expand
  3. KyleB.
    Oct 8, 2002
    A great game and a more than worthy sequel. The Voice over was perfect. Not many games have good voice over. Example. Winback. The combat system although not revoloutionary was not poor. And I like the new ability to draw out your soul reaver when you please. But i must admit the game was quite short. The story may have been great but it lacked any kind of boss battle. Or the climax of A great game and a more than worthy sequel. The Voice over was perfect. Not many games have good voice over. Example. Winback. The combat system although not revoloutionary was not poor. And I like the new ability to draw out your soul reaver when you please. But i must admit the game was quite short. The story may have been great but it lacked any kind of boss battle. Or the climax of defeating Kain. The closet you get to a boss battle is sort of stupid because your invincible. The graphics were again quite remarkable and with an allstar cast for the voices with the original kain. From Blood omen. This game is well worth the money you will spend on it and should be a welcome addition to any game collection. Expand
  4. Evan
    Jan 4, 2002
    The only thing I didn't like about the game was that I beat it in like 4 days... but overall, this game ROCKS!!! Awesome graphics, voicovers, storyline, and awesome music/sound fx.
  5. Nov 8, 2011
    As much as i love the LOK series, Soul Reaver 2 made me a bit sad. The lighting was REALLY bad, Puzzles were way to easy. But there were comebacks. The graphics Amazing for a early 2000s game, Although the game runs a little shorter then the first game it is more linear driven (I wanted to see more of the world) the areas were just beautiful and it really feels like your in the game. TheAs much as i love the LOK series, Soul Reaver 2 made me a bit sad. The lighting was REALLY bad, Puzzles were way to easy. But there were comebacks. The graphics Amazing for a early 2000s game, Although the game runs a little shorter then the first game it is more linear driven (I wanted to see more of the world) the areas were just beautiful and it really feels like your in the game. The music, you can only hear it if you pay close attention, because it blends itself SO well with the game. If you are fans of the series will love it, COD fans won't understand it, and Artists will try to draw Raziel and his Soul Reaver. Expand
  6. ZiftK.
    Sep 10, 2006
    If you liked the first game, you'll love this. The puzzles, the gameplay, the sound, they're all really good in this game. Although a little on the short side, soul reaver 2 will deliver in so many ways, give it a try, it'll be worth your time.

#62 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#23 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

It's well rounded, it's improved in marked areas over its predecessor ("The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver"), and the graphics, sound, and production levels are all high.
  2. The game also sustains virtually no loading times, despite its faithful recreation of a ambient gothic world. Even with the impressive graphics, the game still runs smooth as silk.
  3. A textbook example to other console developers on how to write videogame prose.