Speed Kings PlayStation 2

• Release Date: May 28, 2003
7.8

1. VarunB.
    Aug 11, 2005
    Not magnificent...but an overall fun bike racing game for the PS2...with plenty unlockables, this could keep you busy for a while. A good game to play if you have a few hours to kill.
  2. ScottW.
    Jun 5, 2003
    I hate that I read GameSpot's review, however, it is spot on. A good game that I have played for about 6 hours, so far. Decent graphics, blazing speed with rare slow-down when a lot is happening on the screen, all at once. This game is arcadey and the camera moves around behind your motorcycle as you turn, making it odd at first, but easy to get used to quickly. The crashes are ok I hate that I read GameSpot's review, however, it is spot on. A good game that I have played for about 6 hours, so far. Decent graphics, blazing speed with rare slow-down when a lot is happening on the screen, all at once. This game is arcadey and the camera moves around behind your motorcycle as you turn, making it odd at first, but easy to get used to quickly. The crashes are ok and somewhat cool - I have seen some really nice crashes, but most are the same 'ol same 'ol. I don't know what to say about the trick system. It's good and then it's not. It's still fun and you only have to learn two or three tricks and then you get the POWERBAND. Awwww, yeaaaaahhh. Nice. Overall, a fun game with an arcadey feel (just like Burnout 2) with ok crashes and a GREAT sense of SPEED. The replay does not show the whole race and this has had me bent a few times because I wanted to see a crash that happened 1/2 - 3/4 through the race, however, the replay just stops. Oh yeah... the soundtrack stinks. Collapse
  3. JustinS.
    Jun 16, 2003
    The game is really fun i think. The only thing that bothers me is that there is no map on your screen and that you dont have a trick list to look off of. They expect you to do tricks that you dont even know how to do.

There's only so many tricks one can do on a bike cruising at 120mph. Variety is absolutely required, and there's not much in Speed Kings. And the trick control is not responsive enough.
  2. A perfect example of what happens when you try to follow inspiration yet forget to bring your own intuition and imagination.
  3. Game Informer
    You'll reach velocities so incomprehensible that your reflexes are paralyzed. [July 2003, p.107]