8.8

1. Nov 9, 2012
    Spongebob has many great games, but this may be the best one. With solid platforming and variety, and it is somewhat long of a game. Its great.
  2. Apr 26, 2011
    Arguably the best Nickelodeon game to date -- it has a surprising amount of depth. Pros: Formulaic, but solid platforming; fun boss battles; hilarious dialog; it feels just like an episode of Spongebob Squarepants. Cons: Hideous graphics and visuals (a cartoonish design would've been great); average level design, camera, and production.
  3. Mar 3, 2012
    this is the best cartoon game ever even if you are a hardcore gamer you will love it nuff said oh and its basically the same thing as super mario 64 XD
  4. May 3, 2013
    I love SpongeBob. Send me to Squarepants school. I'll come back with straight As. I love video games. I play Mario Kart Wii 24/7. So what's better than SpongeBob or video games? Nothing! Heh heh. If you're a SpongeBob collector, there's no doubt you haven't played or at least heard of a SpongeBob video game. The popular opinion for favorite SpongeBob game is the one based on the movie. II love SpongeBob. Send me to Squarepants school. I'll come back with straight As. I love video games. I play Mario Kart Wii 24/7. So what's better than SpongeBob or video games? Nothing! Heh heh. If you're a SpongeBob collector, there's no doubt you haven't played or at least heard of a SpongeBob video game. The popular opinion for favorite SpongeBob game is the one based on the movie. I like that one too, but my favorite SpongeBob video game is Battle of Bikini Bottom. Before I get into the review, I might as well tell you the story: Plankton has created a bunch of robots to take the Krabby Patty formula. However, because he forgot to program them to obey him, they run amok and practically destroy Bikini Bottom. SpongeBob's taking all the blame (Strange enough how he never gets in trouble when he did actually cause the problem)and now he has to "clean up" his mess. Now, to the review. In the game, you can play as SpongeBob, Patrick Star, or Sandy Cheeks, each with their own unique powers and skills. Sometimes you need a specific character to unlock a specific something because they have the move or the persuasion. I like that. It turns it into more of a chess game rather than a button-mashing fest. If you consider the SpongeBob games to be a series BOBB's predecessor was Revenge of the Flying Dutchman. I've played it with my cousin and we both agree it isn't as good as Battle of Bikini Bottom. Bikini Bottom was totally different from ROTFD. It was an action adventure game rather than a giant side mission. I should probably talk about what you collect. In this game, what you need to find more than anything are the golden spatulas. They can unlock new levels if you collect a certain number. Shiny Objects are sort of you main currency. You can give them to a clam and he'll unlock new areas for you, or you can trade them for a golden spatula. Underwear are your health and 10 socks can get you a golden spatula. Let me talk about the levels. There are 10 worlds and 13 if you include boss levels. Bikini Bottom is the hub. Every time you defeat a boss, a new part of Bikini Bottom is unlocked and a new set of levels. These levels aren't short and linear like World 1-1 and 1-2 and 1-3. They're the polar opposite. Roughly, this game is about the same length as New Super Mario Bros on the Wii. The game has 13 really long levels rather than 70 or so short ones. I said the levels aren't linear, and that's true. If you're a completionist, you'll enjoy wandering around for no particular reason as some things are very well hidden. Another great aspect of the game. The soundtrack is your typical SpongeBob Hawaiian-Jazz-Electronic music, for some reason, video game music always gives me this warm, nostalgic feeling. I like the layout of the levels. Sometimes a game can have linear levels but not much creativity. (Hence forth Twilight Princess)The sliding levels in Kelp Forest and Sand Mountain are very fun in my opinion, and the little Easter Eggs to SpongeBob episodes like the snack machine in Rock Bottom. The villain as always is hilarious and his motives make up 1/3 of the gameplay. The other characters are silly, too. Patrick's really dumb, Squidward's a Grinch, and Mr. Krabs has a sexual attraction to money. As much as I like this game, there were a couple things I didn't like. The game was long and had vast lands, but if you just like to get it over with, its pretty easy. You'll come about a hard part once in a while, but its really nothing big. Also, Mr. Krabs and Mermaid Man don't have their actual voice actors voicing them, which is a bit of a disappointment because they're my 2 favorite SpongeBob characters. I felt they could have done better with the graphics, too. They aren't terrible where I can't recognize the characters, but all the objects had really rough textures. All in all, the game was good in my opinion. I'd give it a 7.6, but since this dumb thing won't let me, I'll go ahead and give it an 8. Expand
  5. Nov 16, 2013
    I don't get why the score is 71, it has got everything you want in an adventure game. Spongebob's humor is maintained though all the game, gameplay is smooth, challenging and very long (I have had it since 2004 and haven't finished it)
  6. Aug 12, 2013
    I know this is a bold opinion for a game not well known and also a spongebob game. But this.............this is a masterpiece the gameplay the charm, the variety its all there. the game levels are great and very well thought out while not visually appealing. The levels all have there own look and feel, and the 3 character setup makes sure of no boredom each character has there own abilityI know this is a bold opinion for a game not well known and also a spongebob game. But this.............this is a masterpiece the gameplay the charm, the variety its all there. the game levels are great and very well thought out while not visually appealing. The levels all have there own look and feel, and the 3 character setup makes sure of no boredom each character has there own ability and is funny and charming its spongebob Patrick and sandy whats not to love. This a perfect game for me as an old spongebob fan. Expand
  7. Aug 12, 2013
    I have a great history of this game with my brother and my old PS2's. If you love Spongebob, you'll love this game.

It truly is an open-world game, even if it seems linear at certain points. The gameplay is pretty phenomenal between all of the characters (Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy). Each one of them has certain moves that you can't do with the others, which requires you to get accustomed to each of them for certain challenges. None of them are too difficult on your hands. Gameplay is pretty fluid. I CAN say that the gameplay in Battle for Bikini Bottom is far better than most other Spongebob games. Far better.

The story isn't too interesting; it's something you would probably expect to see in an episode of Spongebob. But it's certainly better than other Spongebob games.

The music is pretty fun to listen to, for any age who enjoys the happy-go-lucky themes of Spongebob. The boss battle tracks are exceptional, for the mini-bosses as well. The final boss music is something that a lot of people may have heard without knowing it came from this game.

If you love Spongebob, you'll love this game. It was a huge part of my childhood, but any gamer could pick it up. Lots of replay value, and lots of fun to be had.
  8. Apr 15, 2014
    Very Nostalgic game, I had a fun time playing it, caused me temporary blindness as well as other things, wish the newer generations were more like this.
    I give it a 6.
  9. Jan 21, 2014
    This is my favorite 3D platformer. The graphics, control, music, writing, and gameplay are all amazing! Get this game if you can find it, you won't regret it.
  10. Jul 26, 2013
    Extremely well made for a game based on a cartoon. The developer of this really deserves a medal. One of my favorite platformers of all time, no joke.
  11. Nov 19, 2014
    A very awesome game, best of it time. there's no other licensed game that could parallel this game in the term of awesomeness. Awesome level design, beautiful scenery and catchy music made this game. I'm still playing this game at 2014 and this game is still awesome.
  12. May 5, 2014
    This game is a fantastic collectathon platformer. It offers fun and unique levels ranging from Goo Lagoon to Rock Bottom and its humor rivals that of the show before it went mediocre. In this game, you can play as Spongebob, Patrick, and Sandy and they all have their strengths and weaknesses that vastly increase the depth of the game. For instance, Sandy can reach much greater distancesThis game is a fantastic collectathon platformer. It offers fun and unique levels ranging from Goo Lagoon to Rock Bottom and its humor rivals that of the show before it went mediocre. In this game, you can play as Spongebob, Patrick, and Sandy and they all have their strengths and weaknesses that vastly increase the depth of the game. For instance, Sandy can reach much greater distances than Spongebob or Patrick by using her rope to glide across the level, but she can't hit anything below her. These factors help make the puzzles much more compelling and entertaining. The only real problem I have with the game is that once you 100% it, there's really no reward. You just get a minute long cutscene at the end of the final boss which can leave you feeling unsatisfied. All in all, it is a must buy for anyone who enjoys a good platformer. Even if you aren't a Spongebob fan, the gameplay itself is enough to be worth the price! Expand

It's all not as bad as it could have been, but nothing you can't get from dozens of other games.
  2. Like a sponge that absorbs hours of your time, SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom will keep young gamers very occupied. By kids' standards I'm "old," but that didn't stop me from loving this game.
  3. Like Bob himself, this game holds its water and is, in fact, remarkably fun. [Jan 2004, p.86]