5.6

1. T.C.
    Feb 20, 2002
    It bites. Yawn. People running around doing nothing...but running. Can you start the riot? No. Can you loot stuff from behind the glass you just broke? No. Can you go in the shops in the mall? No. Can you pick people up and throw them? No. Does it stink? Yes. Is it over-hyped and simply riding on the coat-tails of GTA3? Yes.
  2. Raiden
    Apr 5, 2002
    Crap. Too short. You'll like it for the first 5 minutes until you realise that you're doing the same thing over and over and over again, and it's not that much fun. This game doesn't have as much freedom as people make out. I think you should have been able to walk into shops and drive vehicles, there also is no multiplayer mode shortening the lifespan even more. Crap. Too short. You'll like it for the first 5 minutes until you realise that you're doing the same thing over and over and over again, and it's not that much fun. This game doesn't have as much freedom as people make out. I think you should have been able to walk into shops and drive vehicles, there also is no multiplayer mode shortening the lifespan even more. Overall it is not worth your hard earned cash, but ideal for an overnight rental with some mates. Expand
  3. CrocoKoala
    May 2, 2002
    Fun for about five minutes, then you'll never play it again. Controversial narrative but fundamentally dull, with crude graphics and irritating missions. Avoid.
  4. DarylM.
    Mar 2, 2003
    WOW! this game is really quite fun...for like the first 3 seconds, after that you realise how boring, repetitive and dull it is. This game had one of the most exciting amazingly fun sounding concepts, it could've been fantastic.....but it's not rent it, play it, burn it.
  5. UmbertoM.
    Jul 25, 2002
    The producers as well as the developers should be ashamed of themselves.
  6. FranF.
    Jan 9, 2003
    Perhaps one of the worst games of 2002. Poor collision detection, bad camera, extremely boring and repetive gameplay. Do yourself a favor and don't even bother renting this junk.
  7. Hades
    Mar 10, 2003
    I usually don't totally bash a game and give it a blatantly horrible score but State of Emergency easily grants me leniency in doing so. This is, by far, one of the most horrible things i've ever had to deal with. An accurate description would be Grand Theft Auto's "fighting engine" minus all of the fun. True there are many missions to accomplish, but when they all take I usually don't totally bash a game and give it a blatantly horrible score but State of Emergency easily grants me leniency in doing so. This is, by far, one of the most horrible things i've ever had to deal with. An accurate description would be Grand Theft Auto's "fighting engine" minus all of the fun. True there are many missions to accomplish, but when they all take place in the same little area, repetition is guranteed to appear. The game was fun for about an hour max, then you find yourself just running around in the same swarm of people that are doing nothing to help the riots ...just thinking about the gameplay is making me upset. Overall NEVER buy this game even if its only like 5$ (save your money trust me i got my copy for only 10$) and never rent this game either its that horrible usually i recommend at least renting a game but this is simply a nauseating game. Pass on this garbage. Expand
  8. NicholasB.
    Mar 19, 2002
    This game was made in 5 minutes. The missions are the same through the whole thing... boring.
  9. SolidSnake
    Jul 14, 2002
    When I first rented this game, I gave it a score of 9/10. But after two days of playing it, I came to the conclusion that it's no where near that score. It's too repetitive. I reccomend you play it with friends as an overnight rental.

Manic, frenzied and violent gaming at it’s gripping best.
  2. When you strip away the high-tech hijinx, what's left will leave most players saying, "That's it?" all too quickly. [May 2002, p.30]
  3. The sheer amount of people and the speed of the action really pumps home a great sensation of hysteria.