Super Monkey Ball Adventure PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Aug 1, 2006
7.3

1. BillyBob
    Aug 4, 2006
    I think this game looks really great and will be a big seller for people of all ages, i mean who doesnt want to run a little monkey around on a course in a clear little ball? eh?
  2. Lacklusterstarlet
    Sep 27, 2006
    It is frustrating in story mode but I like a challange. The camera sucks . Party games are always fun but even though the story mode is hard and missions seem timely. I played this game like an addict until I completed the story, which took forever and I still love cute little hard working monkeys trapped in a two-tone ball.

1. Official Playstation 2 Magazine UK
    Certainly nothing to go ape for. The adventure slips on a banana peel, but the classic mode and mini-gmes redeem the package. [July 2006, p.76]
  2. The problem seems to be that everyone involved was aiming low, and it's not a game that ever speaks of large-scale effort or imagination; the graphics are recycled, the monkey voices are largely the same throughout, and the script is humourless, journeyman stuff that wouldn't make it onto CBeebies. There's no enthusiasm.
  3. While the decision to expand upon the Super Monkey Ball franchise is to be applauded, the fact that the execution is so lacklustre conspires to make Adventure a less than essential purchase.