• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Oct 15, 2003
8.9

1. JohnM.
    Jan 28, 2009
    I wanted to like this one. Good visuals and humor are pluses. Unfortunately, the controls are just bad (maybe it's just me?). Hard to explain, but compared to Rayman, Mario, Banjo, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Psychonauts...pretty much any other platformer, there's just something wrong with the mechanics here. Completely turned me off. Could've been an 8 easily if not for I wanted to like this one. Good visuals and humor are pluses. Unfortunately, the controls are just bad (maybe it's just me?). Hard to explain, but compared to Rayman, Mario, Banjo, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Psychonauts...pretty much any other platformer, there's just something wrong with the mechanics here. Completely turned me off. Could've been an 8 easily if not for this weirdness. Expand
  2. BruceL.
    Oct 24, 2003
    Truly a unique play that my kids are crazy about.
  3. Jwood
    Oct 20, 2003
    Great game!
  4. HeatherH.
    Oct 20, 2003
    I thought this game was great! The humor and great environments keeps this game exciting as far as platform games are concerned. The gameplay is good and the interactions with the animals are a good change.
  5. KurtF.
    Dec 9, 2003
    This game started out rather interesting, but quickly got bored from the seemingly pointless tasks.
  6. BMW
    Jan 5, 2004
    Great game. Very cool for the kids @ heart.
  7. mattm
    Feb 7, 2004
    This is the worst game ever if your blind and death you may like it the this game was the displeasure to buy in basic terms it sucked ass how old are you other dudes and dudetes 2 hahahahaha
  8. AshleyL.
    Oct 19, 2003
    Tak contains a lot of humor that set it apart from other adventure games such as the Zelda games. It combines the fun and excitement of an adventure game with a whole lot of humor. I love this game!
  9. AaronC.
    Dec 4, 2003
    Spit milk out your nose funny i'll tell ya that much!!!
  10. JoeyB.
    Oct 25, 2003
    Kickass.
  11. StephenJ.
    Oct 26, 2003
    This game kicks ass.
  12. BMW
    Jan 5, 2004
    Great game. Very cool for the kids @ heart.
  13. CalvinK.
    Nov 4, 2003
    It is a great game similar to banjo kazooie.
  14. J.C.
    Oct 25, 2003
    Not bad at all! I'm hoping for even better next time.
  15. BrianL.
    Nov 11, 2003
    I like it but i have the spirt rattle i beat pins and needles.
  16. Apr 12, 2011
    Pros: Rich, colorful graphics and visuals, innovative level design, and thoroughly charming for the younger demographic. Cons: Led by an uninspiring lead with unsatisfying controls and bland appeal for older gamers.

1. Tak becomes more pedestrian and predictable as each area unfolds. [Nov. 2003, p.150]
  2. Tak is one of the most detailed platformers I've ever seen, and possesses a measure of style that sets the universe apart, akin to what Michel Ancel accomplished with "Rayman." [Nov 2003, p.82]
    Patience is required to get through this game. [Jan 2004, p.60]