Tekken 4 PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Sep 23, 2002
8.3

1. EdandAprilB.
    Aug 10, 2005
    If you buy Virtual fighter or Soul Caliber you will think Tekken sucks. If you dont buy Virtual fighter or Soul Caliber Tekken seems pretty good. But it does not hold a candle to the characters, controls, weapons etc that the other games have. Buy them all like I did, play them all, then you will see the light. And that light is shinning on a big crapper. Worst of all you can buy virtual If you buy Virtual fighter or Soul Caliber you will think Tekken sucks. If you dont buy Virtual fighter or Soul Caliber Tekken seems pretty good. But it does not hold a candle to the characters, controls, weapons etc that the other games have. Buy them all like I did, play them all, then you will see the light. And that light is shinning on a big crapper. Worst of all you can buy virtual and Soul caliber for the same price !!! Expand
  2. AlanJ.
    Jul 3, 2005
    Yet another mindless button masher for kids with ADD. The eye candy can't make up for some of the most retarded character designs ever. Do yourself a favor and get any "King of Fighters" game instead!
  3. BobbyS.
    Nov 29, 2002
    Terribly atrocious.
  4. Bribo
    Dec 27, 2002
    TTT gets the 10 this game was a major step down from tekken tag tournament with less players. They added a few things with the wall coming in to play. I really didn't like this cause getting cornered could mean the end of the game. At least if you're just beginning. I got tired of tekken 4 in a week where as Tekken Tag i still enjoy playing to this day.

#12 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#3 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

The series could use a bit more depth and original features, but its pedigree as a top-ranked fighter remains intact.
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Feels stale and rehashed. In a lot of ways, this is pretty much the same game we've been playing since 1997, but without the refinement of "Tekken 3" or the added team complexity of "Tekken Tag Tournament." [Oct 2002, p.190]
  3. netjak
    I have to say that I personally liked this better than "VF4," but they were both a bit disappointing overall.