The Matrix: Path of Neo PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Nov 7, 2005
7.9

1. DavidPeña
    Jul 25, 2008
    It's ok, I like most of it, but it was too damn short! I beat this game in like two days while playing another three games in the same days.

The Wachowsky brothers wanted the ending not to be lame, and they did it... it was lamer than they could've expected, that final boss was too easy and it was the most boring final fight EVER. I have my playstation 2 just to play this

I have my playstation 2 just to play this video game... Had I known it was so boring and repetitive, I would've modded my console and downloaded it.
  2. Sep 2, 2013
    Points off for repetition, uninteresting level design, occasionally odd animations, and controls that weren't improved. What is cool about this is that some of the levels reflect the movie and are exciting. Just like Reloaded, this game has an operator talking to you during training. Most of the beginning of the game is tutorials and combos. By the time you get to sword fighting you'llPoints off for repetition, uninteresting level design, occasionally odd animations, and controls that weren't improved. What is cool about this is that some of the levels reflect the movie and are exciting. Just like Reloaded, this game has an operator talking to you during training. Most of the beginning of the game is tutorials and combos. By the time you get to sword fighting you'll find the hand to hand combat repetitive. The animations build up like your not quite controlling Neo. You button mash and he goes into some animations, then button mash to get him to avoid an attack. There is some gun play like the first Enter The Matrix game, which was quite awesome. The first Enter The Matrix game is far superior in level design and storytelling. This game really focused too much on Neo's training. If you played the first Matrix game, lots of the levels in this will be annoying. Only the ones based on the movie were imaginative. It feels like they put in a lot of filler. There aren't enough health packs and you end up replaying levels a bit too much. The game isn't fast paced enough and you feel like your being bogged down by AI just because they can generate more enemies. It would have been better if you just went through levels as an objective itself rather than have to defeat enemies "just because." Sometimes I was impressed by the presentation and detail, other times it felt like the game was created by a first time developer. Get Enter The Matrix which is a superior game. Collapse
    Jan 11, 2006
    The worst thing about this game is the terrible level design, which is actually worse than it was in Enter The Matrix (and that's saying something). Every level contains a hundred locked doors, one room and one corridor, which are then repeated over and over again like a glitch in a particularly lazy Matrix. The levels are pushed forward by lame scripted moments, and the game seems The worst thing about this game is the terrible level design, which is actually worse than it was in Enter The Matrix (and that's saying something). Every level contains a hundred locked doors, one room and one corridor, which are then repeated over and over again like a glitch in a particularly lazy Matrix. The levels are pushed forward by lame scripted moments, and the game seems hell-bent on making everything as unnecessarily complicated as possible (partly because the 'Focus Jump" command is so damn unresponsive). Don't even get me started on those pathetic training levels- how many Asian movies do the Wachowski's have to rip off before they're satisfied? Who would think as game that let you play as Neo could be so mind-numbingly boring? I'll stick with the blue pill for now. Expand
  4. RyanD.
    Jan 1, 2006
    Thsi game is absouloutley amazing and very addictive. Slow time comabt is amazing and the all running is expectational. I had the original game which i thought was poor and this one totally improves on this as you can play as Neo. I am addicted to this game and it has taken over my life.
  5. CyrusC.
    Nov 12, 2005
    I dont know what a lot of people are talking about, the graphics in this game are SUPERB. The game tends to let levels drag on for a while, but they are still fun to play. All the moves can be executed perfectly, and they look insane too. I wish the targeting system was a bit better, but I hardly used guns in game haha. I'd recommend it for sure.
  6. JimmyF.
    Nov 12, 2005
    Feels like you can take everone.
  7. PlamenDimitrov
    Oct 21, 2005
    Looks Great but.....
  8. EfeB.
    Jul 3, 2006
    You know, I just dont get it. how can a matrix fan not love this game...you are controlling the matrix!...you are playing neo. all the jazz of the film, for you to enjoy.amazing graphics, great moves, great story (obviously). it is becoming a trend for people to trash good games because they are just too spolied and stupid to enjoy what is there, so they focus on what is not there. i can You know, I just dont get it. how can a matrix fan not love this game...you are controlling the matrix!...you are playing neo. all the jazz of the film, for you to enjoy.amazing graphics, great moves, great story (obviously). it is becoming a trend for people to trash good games because they are just too spolied and stupid to enjoy what is there, so they focus on what is not there. i can nag about this game being bad because there is no golfing in it...what kind of a standard is this? if you think matrix is lame...don't buy the game that says "matrix" on its cover...its that simple. anyway...this is not a rental like some idiot below suggested...go buy it, its a masterpiece. Expand
  9. ThomasA.
    Nov 24, 2005
    This is a must own if you are a fan of the Matrix trilogy. The moves in the game are fun to use, not too complicated. However, there are some glitches which are annoying, and the ending is quite stupid.
  10. MatrixPathofNeo
    Nov 6, 2005
    This game is Fantastic and unique combo moves.
  11. Phoenix
    Nov 9, 2005
    Poorly implemented in just about every aspect. Avoid.
  12. EdS.
    Dec 6, 2005
    this games okay... it only sucks coz I beat in one day.and also it has an okay combo system this game is just a rental..
  13. JC
    Jul 24, 2008
    Game of the decade! No question about it!
  14. Aug 11, 2014
    This game fell just short of being a memorable classic, and my reason for saying this is primarily based upon the short level designs, which felt like we playing a demo of a feature length game. Just as you were getting into the thick of it, and wanting more, the level was over, but I guess we could put this down to hardware technical limitations for the time. But setting that aside, ShinyThis game fell just short of being a memorable classic, and my reason for saying this is primarily based upon the short level designs, which felt like we playing a demo of a feature length game. Just as you were getting into the thick of it, and wanting more, the level was over, but I guess we could put this down to hardware technical limitations for the time. But setting that aside, Shiny were really brave to take on a project as deep and as ambitious as the Matrix, and manage to make it so damn good. Despite the obviously low poly count, the graphics - for the time - still impressed me, as Shiny always have that knack of being able to create an amazing atmosphere within a game. The bullet time feature was an absolute blast, too, especially kicking / shooting ten shades of sweet sh*t out of agents. I really think that a Matrix game needs to be released on next-gen consoles, which would sort out the problem of the short levels. Anyway, I'd give Path of Neo 89% Expand
  15. Apr 22, 2014
    enter the matrix sucked, i played this game on hard difficulty and loved the combos and beating loads of enemies, lots of levels which i liked since i like games to be long, really long training though and the graphics i feel were horrible, but if you can get past the graphics then i always enjoyed this game the most out of any matrix game i have played.
  16. Sep 2, 2013

#74 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#55 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

At first, combat seems too twitchy and simplistic, while the training sequences last too long, but as you grow in power, and unlock your substantial latent wealth of special moves and combination plays, the rich combat possibilities reveal themselves.
  2. A Matrix game that FINALLY got it right. You're able to pull off all the cool moves and abilities that Neo possesses, including fighting off hundreds of Smiths at once, pole and all. With great graphics and great controls, this title will definitely impress with the first and second play through.
    Shockingly enough, is actually pretty damn good. Sure, it looks uglier than Ernest Borgnine in a tutu, and trying to use the controls is like operating the Space Shuttle while wearing oven mitts, but once you get the hang of it, beating the Stove Top stuffing out of agents is terrific fun.