8.8

1. Aug 29, 2013
    This game is one of the most complete, amazing, hardcore, intense, random, and most awesomest shooters you will ever play.

Campaign: I really have never seen this type of campaign before. The missions are very fun to do and are even more fun with a partner. It has splitscreen co-op (only 2 players) and the difficulty system is unique. DO NOT JUST PLAY THE CAMPAIGN ON EASY! On easy
    difficulty for the campaign, it is very linear. Each mission will take about 15-20 minutes to do and there are aprox. 10 missions. On the other difficulty settings though (medium and hard), if you interact with cetain things in the enviroment, you will be given extra missions. Like on a mission on easy mode, I have 1-4 objectives and about 2-3 other side missions. On medium or hard difficulty, you will have just about the same amount of objectives but up to 3-5 side missions. You can choose to do the side missions for (I think) extra content.

Challenges: This is the big playground. In challenges mode, you can do certain challenges for certain modes to unlock new modes and multiplayer characters. You can only have one player doing this, though.

Arcade: This mode is where this game shoves it up modern game hineys so hard. This mode is separated in to two parts: Arcade Custom and Arcade League. Arcade League is just like challenge mode except that it has pre-made multiplayer battles. Again, only one play can do this. Arcade Custom is the beauty of the game. You can customize literally EVERYTHING (I mean it too)! Up to 4-player splitscreen can experience chaotic, awesome multiplayer battles on the same screen. What makes this mode so fun is that you can customize: what weapons you can have on the map
    the characters you want to fight against
    the map; game modes
    You will have mode fun with this mode than any othe game you will play in your entire life. You can have up to 14 player on one map (up to 10 bots and splitscreen). The bot A.I. actually reacts to the difficulty, and half the time you are fighting, you feel like you are in a actual war.

Rating: I really wish I could rate this game higher. If I could it would be a 25/10. Here's why: No game ever in my life have I had this much fun with my family, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This game deserves to be in a Hall Of Fame, because it is a landmark of what so many modern shooters are not today. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal Of Honor. These games are nothing compared to this. If you have a PS2, Origional XBOX, or a GameCube, buy this game. This game will show you why so many FPS's are failing today. I can get bored of Call of Duty in about 3 years. I'm still not bored of this game and it's been out for over 10 years.

Follow my advice. Buy this game.
  2. Jun 8, 2013
    The original Timesplitters game was a decent Playstation 2 launch title that clearly demonstrated Free Radicals technical wizardry when it comes to creating a first person shooter. With extra development time this sequel improved upon virtually aspect of its predecessor.

The addictive multiplayer of course remains with modes varying from your standard deathmatches to variants on capture
    the flag. Every game can be customised allowing the player to choose the weapons that can be used, number of kills required, time limits and even an option to turn on one hit kills. Up to four players can take part via split screen (an option now sadly lost in most modern FPS games) or system link if two Playstations and TVs are available. The majority of the maps are very well designed offering the chance for close or long range combat.

An expanded single player mode is now included taking in a short(ish) story mode as well as a number of entertaining challenges. The story mode allows two players to play co-operatively and there is a nice variety of levels in which different tactics and weapons need to be employed. A few uneven difficulty spikes can be frustrating but for the most part these levels are fun to play, particularly with a friend in tow. The challenges offer time and skill based scoring and provide a huge amount of variety. One level sees the player tasked with destroying all the windows of a Siberian outpost as quickly as possible and the next tasks them with surviving for as long as possible against an endless horde of giant hands (yes hands!) armed with machine guns.

Overall Timesplitters 2 is certainly the best multiplayer shooter available on the Playstation 2 and at its bargain price still worth picking up even in a world now dominated by Call of Duty.
  3. May 25, 2012
    This game is amazing. It's been too long since I played this game. It's just a great game. Timesplitters 2 9.0/10
  4. Jul 13, 2012
    TimeSplitters 2 is the king of First Person Shooters, and it still is! The game may look repetitive, but the hours of gameplay will make it worthwhile. TimeSplitters 2 makes you imagine your type of action and relive it your way! This game is truly the pinnacle of shooters!
  5. Jul 16, 2012
    This game was my childhood. Over 150 playable characters including but not limited to, the gingerbread man, calamari, a Duck, a snow man, and a gold fish controlling a robots body. There are weapons from many eras in this game, from bricks to laser rifles. If 150 playable characters and an amazing map editor were possible in 2002 then why hasn't any game broken the record for most playable characters since then? Make Timesplitters 4 already or at least have an HD remake of this classic current gen consoles Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2012
    This was such a fabulous game that gets little recognition. The CO/OP story and the MP modes were just fun as hell to play. Plus the had a level creator that was fun and easy to use. Played a monay hours of this with my buddy.
  7. Jun 1, 2013
    A brilliant shooter. Tons of content and unlimited fun. Although I do prefer the 3rd installment Future Perfect. 9.5/10:BRUTAL!!! But because it's a formidable series, I will give it a meta score of a 10/10.
  8. Jun 15, 2013
    The only game that deserves a 10 for me is none other than TimeSplitters 2. It may be an old game, but it way a true gem! way ahead of its time even for graphics. It's design and concept is fantastic, it's gameplay is second to none. There's nothing quite like it really, it's a mix of Golden Eye and Perfect Dark mixed into one with it's own ingredients sprinkled on-top. The basic premises of the story mode is to collect time crystals from various points of time, wheather it be fighting your way through a dark zombie infested cathedral or fighting aliens on Planet X, it never lets you down! the story mode is only a small part of the mass amount of fun to be had with this game tho! each difficulty from the story mode allows you to unlock new characters for use in Arcade Multiplayer. You can setup bot matches and have wars against zombie, alien, robots and mutants with your friends 4 player! ontop of that are challenge modes to unlock even more crazy characters! and if that wasn't enough, the game throws in a mapmaker to build your own story or multiplayer levels! if your in the market looking for some old great PS2 games to play, then please do yourself a favor and pick this diamond up! Expand
  9. Sep 14, 2013
    TimeSplitters 2 is one of the best shooters ever created. It's unique, challenging, packed full of content, and just incredibly fun to play either solo or with friends. Thanks to its robust selection of game modes, levels, and characters, it stays refreshing after hours upon hours of play. The graphics are still visually pleasing after all these years, the controls are snappy and responsive, and the audio is some of the best and most memorable I've ever heard in a game. Games like TimeSplitters 2 are the reason I feel glad to be someone who plays video games and feel sorry for those who don't.

Simply put, your PS2 library is worthless without this game. Get it.
  10. Sep 14, 2013

Simply put, your PS2 library is worthless without this game. Get it.

As a PS2 shooter it's the best I've ever played - I can't emphasize that point enough.
  2. This has to be one of the best titles that’s come out for every console this year.
  3. Edges out "Red Faction 2" just by a hair. "Red Faction"'s single player mode is much more intense but lacks the cooperative campaign mode that Timesplitters 2 did.