Tomb Raider: Legend PlayStation 2

7.0

1. Chrisie
    Apr 17, 2006
    Graphics get better all the time, but gameplay dramatically reduced per each new game released. This game took equivalent to half a day to complete, very short. The freedom to roam and climb has vanished, dissapointed.
  2. Warmonger
    Jan 1, 2007
    Good game but the controls leave a lot to be desired, especially the swimming..... still they are better than Angel of Darkness but Tomb Raider 1 had better controls!
  3. Oct 26, 2010
    People have started to lose interest in Tomb Raider in the last few years but once you play Legend, you'll soon be back into it again. The seventh instalment in the series that started way back in 1996 by Core Design, now in the hands of Crystal Dynamics brings you a new adventure that is finally worth playing and you don't need to worry about any flaws that suffered in the lastPeople have started to lose interest in Tomb Raider in the last few years but once you play Legend, you'll soon be back into it again. The seventh instalment in the series that started way back in 1996 by Core Design, now in the hands of Crystal Dynamics brings you a new adventure that is finally worth playing and you don't need to worry about any flaws that suffered in the last instalment, Angel of Darkness. Lara Croft is searching for lost clues and to cover the truth what happened to her mother and her old friend Amanda. You are looking for the missing parts of Excalibur which are scattered in different countries around the world. There are also bronze, silver and gold relics to find that are hidden in every level, the more you find, the greater your rewards will be and you hear that classic old secret chime (from the old PS1 games) every time you find one. Most of Lara's actions are the same as before which includes, walking, jumping, sprinting and climbing, however you can perform some really cool gymnastic movements too. You can swing round a pole, jump from wall to wall and ledge to ledge when you're climbing up those really high walls and my personal favourite you can swing over those really big gaps with your zip line. There are some new weapons to carry as well (including the old automatic pistols - you remember those don't you) but you can't carry as many as you could in the PS1 games which is a shame but maybe this is to make it more realistic. I mean you couldn't possible carry up to 8 weapons and fit them in your backpack could you? One of my favourite action moves (that is new in the game) is the slow motion movies (a bit like from The Matrix), that take place during combat or when avoiding traps and falls, a bit like from The Matrix. Graphically the game has improved dramatically and I was really impressed at what these people have done, they definatly deserve some credit for bringing Tomb Raider back from the dead. There is sharper detail, better lighting and shiny surfaces. Some of the level designs are beautiful, especially the Bolivia one where you can see rocks and mountains from thousands of kilometres away. The water effects are great too, you can see the splash and movement of the waves perfectly. The only problems with the game is puzzles aren't as challenging as before, camera angles are a pain sometimes depending on where you stand and the game itself is short. Once you've completed it, you will be able to finish it again in a couple of hours. However Tomb Raider: Legend for me is of the best action/adventures we have seen on the PS2 for a while. Expand
    Apr 8, 2006
    i shall always have fond memories of tombraider i just hope i can forget about this one though. it jumps from location to location so fast that you can never grasp its atmosphere, the gameplay quikly becomes repetitve and any level outside of the tombs are dirct rip offs of james bond games(EA should sue for the moterbike sequence) where are the ghostly shipwecks , undergroud cities and i shall always have fond memories of tombraider i just hope i can forget about this one though. it jumps from location to location so fast that you can never grasp its atmosphere, the gameplay quikly becomes repetitve and any level outside of the tombs are dirct rip offs of james bond games(EA should sue for the moterbike sequence) where are the ghostly shipwecks , undergroud cities and ginat spxnxs theres no imagination in this tiltle. tomb raider has been turned into a subtance less piece of hollywood popcorn, i almost preffer angel of darkness. Expand
  5. EdgarsD.
    Apr 9, 2006
    Best game ever!
  6. RoryO.
    May 15, 2006
    while this is a playable platformer it is still far too reminisant of AOD the origional gameplay mechanics of the first five tomb raiders should return. this game is too short, too easy, has too few puzzels and iritates true raiders when they pick up the pad, lara is not back.
  7. Nickjitsu
    Apr 21, 2006
    What a disappointment! A bit like the modern Star Wars movies, not a patch on the original. Nice graphics and better combat don't make up for the lack of any real puzzles, challenges, freedom to explore or the very short lifespan of the game. You can't really call this a Tomb Raider game. It's more a Prince of Persia, with breasts, for 5 year olds!
  8. Maurj
    May 16, 2006
    Very enjoyable, and absolutely beautiful! With slightly more taxing puzzles and a longer lifespan, this would be a 10 - but it's still pretty damn good.
  9. JanelleM.
    Jul 20, 2006
    becuse u have different features and different tricks from the other tomb raidors!!
  10. Afi
    Apr 10, 2006
    i wuz slightly let down dat d game was a bit 2 short 4 me . Finished it in 9 hours i think n i wuz expecting A LOT of cool moves coz the way it wuz hyped about .There were sum really cool moves but the ones u see in the trailer are juz bout it . Still i really enjoyed this game the whole time(even if i died a couple of times )especially the storyline n solving the puzzles .
  11. ClarkK.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Might be a bit short, but it has a pretty cool unlock/bonus/collection feature, the levels are fun and interesting, the controls are excellent. In fact, the controls and focus have changed so much that it almost feels like a different genre - puzzle to action - but in any case it's an improvement. In any case, that's how you can describe this game: an improvement. It gets just Might be a bit short, but it has a pretty cool unlock/bonus/collection feature, the levels are fun and interesting, the controls are excellent. In fact, the controls and focus have changed so much that it almost feels like a different genre - puzzle to action - but in any case it's an improvement. In any case, that's how you can describe this game: an improvement. It gets just about everything right, and does it with the next-generation upgrade Tomb Raider has desperately needed. Expand
  12. JasonM.
    Apr 14, 2006
    An amazing experience that you'll never forget. Not since Tomb Raider II has there been the feeling of adventure and fun. Makes me proud of being a Tomb Raider fan all over again.
  13. Cavador
    Apr 15, 2006
    A normal adventure game like others. Too hype.
  14. Jacko
    Apr 15, 2006
    Fantastic story, excellent graphics (especially on the now outdated PS2) and enjoyable fluid gameplay. IMO the best Tomb Raider since the first game, and makes a thorough mockery of Angel of Darkness.
  15. JohnyyD.
    Apr 21, 2006
    all the fundamentals r in place good controlls combats and magics, howevar their shud of been more boss fihgts and big thumbs.
  16. MarkL.
    Apr 8, 2006
    This game is fantastic! A massive improvement on the last one, the last 6 in fact. The new physics engine works great, you can really interact with stuff as if you were actually there. The story is exciting with lots of twists. Love the new mansion, it takes hours just to get all the rewards in there. There's a lot of outfits now, well over 30, all of which can be played in the This game is fantastic! A massive improvement on the last one, the last 6 in fact. The new physics engine works great, you can really interact with stuff as if you were actually there. The story is exciting with lots of twists. Love the new mansion, it takes hours just to get all the rewards in there. There's a lot of outfits now, well over 30, all of which can be played in the mansion. The adventure isnt long but there's lots of reasons to come back, like the many rewards and time trials. There's even a ton of extra content to unlock. This game is an absolute must-have for everyone, an excellent return to form. Expand
  17. britney
    Jun 21, 2006
    i loved it, its by far the best platformer game ive played, it couldve had more wepons and artefacts to collect but overall very nice job and lara is so cool.
  18. BrittS.
    Jun 29, 2006
    I thought it was a wonderful game, but I agree it was a little to short. I like the mansion, its very detailed and more relistic. I think it was the best one yet!
  19. Oli
    Apr 15, 2006
    Certainly not ground-breaking like the early games, but enough of a challenge to draw you in and keep you going till the end. The movement is very fluid, the bike levels are not as bad as some people make out, and the ability to manipulate more of the environment is much more realistic. That said, the levels were very much straight lines, rather than the sprawling mazes that existed in Certainly not ground-breaking like the early games, but enough of a challenge to draw you in and keep you going till the end. The movement is very fluid, the bike levels are not as bad as some people make out, and the ability to manipulate more of the environment is much more realistic. That said, the levels were very much straight lines, rather than the sprawling mazes that existed in TR1 and 2 (the great Karnak levels in TR4 also spring to mind) The linear nature and the relative ease (even on Hard) drag this down. But Tomb Raider is alive and kicking again. Expand
  20. KevinF.
    Apr 19, 2006
    Could have been a little better but a lot worse.
  21. BlueDwarf
    May 15, 2006
    From the intro, you'd expect a much more action packed game, but alas, it's the same old stuff. The graphics are nicely polished and there is so good atmospheric sounds, but like normal the shoddy camera control lets it all down.
  22. BrigetteW.
    Jul 16, 2006
    i love all the tomb raider its my favorite games.
  23. Mar 18, 2011
    This game is awesome I bought it from Gamestop for $5 and was totally surprised it's great it's kind of like prince of persia mixed with uncharted except you play as a hot chick instead of some dude with a beard.
  24. Aug 23, 2011
    Lara Croft had always been one of the most iconic characters in my eyes. I grew up playing 1-3 repeatedly on my Playstation. Only recently did I begin playing games on my PS2 that came out a while back. Although I'm late I can honestly say this new Lara is amazing! Its a really fresh revival to the series. It's definitely different but it does feel like an original TR game
    . The scenery
    . The scenery was beautiful (even on the PS2) and the puzzles were interesting. Its a very friendly game to newcomers and it's, overall, not difficult at all. The game takes around 9 hours to beat, going at a solid pace . This may seem short but after the game is completed you can revisit each level to find hidden artifacts and complete time trials to unlock certain things like outfits or upgraded pistols.

This game is definitely a great addition to your collection and a great way to kick off the new Tomb Raider Trilogy.
  25. Sep 17, 2011
    This is a fun action game that ultimately feels dated even considering the time of its original release. The game attempts to copy modern Prince of Persia games but ends up falling a bit short, the platforming is simple and while the controls are competent its all been done before and its been done better. Nonetheless, the platforming and puzzles were still enjoyable enough to keep meThis is a fun action game that ultimately feels dated even considering the time of its original release. The game attempts to copy modern Prince of Persia games but ends up falling a bit short, the platforming is simple and while the controls are competent its all been done before and its been done better. Nonetheless, the platforming and puzzles were still enjoyable enough to keep me playing. The combat however, was terrible, it wasn't difficult or challenging, it was just plain boring, mashing the fire button as fast as you can will get you through any gun fight with ease. The bosses on the other hand all required more precision then the games controls would allow leading to a high level of frustration. Expand
  26. Feb 16, 2012
    This is one of the best tomb raiders its a great game the controls work very well these are some of the best graphics on ps2 and the game play is fun but the problem is the game is to short and its the easiest tomb raider to date which might anger some hardcore fans despite those things this is still tomb raider and there is alot of fun to be had
  27. RRJ
    Jan 29, 2014
    One of the best games on the PS2.

One of the best games on the PS2.

Platforming, exploration, puzzles and straight up fun. Everything I wanted. Sure there's some driving here and there and also some gunplay here and there but to me what really sells the game and what had me smiling the whole way was the puzzles! It's so satisfying figuring out how to get from A to B. People complain that the game was too short but it took me almost 13 hours. Plus after you finish you can go back if you want to unlock more outfits. To me 13 hours isn't short, I'm talking 13 hours without looking up how to solve things. I only had to do that once but I had the solution I just didn't execute it fast enough.

Some have complete the game in like 6 hours. That's crazy. Not sure if they rushed through the game or not but hey getting off track here haha.

I recommend the game for fans of adventure, exploration, puzzles, platforming and all around fun. I played on the easiest setting and it still took me 13 hours. Why? Because you actually had to sit back and think about how to solve some of the games puzzles, its great. There's no rush, no time limit. You just try different things and always keep an eye out for the secrets! Controls are great, the game features a good amount of variety and honestly the story isn't bad either. Very good game.

1. I know that it almost sounds too good to be true, but after wishing and hoping for years, Lara finally kicks ass again. [Apr 2006, p.64]
  2. Legend is a largely tremendous update of the classic Raider template, only let down by the short lifespan and lack of challenge. [Apr 2006, p.80]
    The cliffhanger story is well put together. The action is simple and effective. The controls not only work, they're fun...Best of all, the sense of discovery and adventure is captured with a fresh sensibility.