8.2

1. Apr 26, 2011
    9/10 = Amazing = Extremely well designed, very challenging, and very fun. Great sports game.
  2. Nov 25, 2011
    I've got one word for this game: Outstanding. Even more is packed into this game with over 100 hours of challenges and secrets to uncover as well as a slew of things to do, including free skating, timed high score runs, and Career Mode. A masterpiece of gaming, for sure.
  3. Aug 29, 2013
    One of my most cherished PS2 games. The free-skating, varied missions, huge levels that encouraged exploration it all adds up to a very solid title that pushed the series into a fresh direction while retaining and refining what made the earlier releases so great. A lot of people prefer 3 but I personally think this is the best of the first 4 Tony Hawk games.
  4. Oct 19, 2011
    My favourite skating game of all time, sandbox-style levels with quests from npcs, and rpg levelling of stats and tricks, the game design is awesome and the soundtrack is perfect, a perfect embodiment of the world of skateboarding at the time.

I could spend all day just free skating the levels.

Featuring a lovely variety of online-multiplayer games based on the best trick system in gaming, THPS4 is terribly addictive and ridiculously fun.
  2. The total package is a much bigger leap forward than "Hawk 3" in almost every way. [Holiday 2002, p.42]
  3. Even if you aren't interested in the online portion, Activision and Neversoft have still nailed down another extremely solid sequel to the Tony Hawk franchise.