8.8

1. Oct 21, 2013
    Tony Hawk games were always great......for the most part. Tony Hawk's Underground is an example of a great game. This "part" of the series was very revolutionary, this was the first Tony Hawk game with a storyline, you and your friend Eric Sparrow want to become the greatest skater in the world. The game wasn't too long, if you "pro" in TH games you can do it in 6-5 hours. There was some change in the gameplay, now you can get off your board, this function made it easier to reach pepole with goals, higher places, also now you can drive cars, this function is worked horrible. The level design was great, and the Create-a- is expanded, now you can create your own deck, and the Park creator was less frustrating. If you completed the game once in beginner difficulty you've unlocked one of the most epic characters in a Tony Hawk game: Iron Man, also you can go to a KISS concert level. You can get many,many secrets, for example the Hangar level from THPS2. The controls and the graphics in this game was awesome at the time. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the soundtrack, oh my God the soundtrack;Busdriver,Supernatural,Alkaine Trio,Angry Amputees,Bad Religion.
    Many pepole said that after Underground the Tony Hawk games was not the same, and I kind of agree with them. Overall this game wasn't bad as it's sequel, the story and the gameplay was great, and the soundtrack is good too also the graphics were great, I've played this game many,many times. Good luck, have fun
  2. Oct 3, 2013
    While not my favorite game of the series, Tony Hawk's Underground is one of my favorite games of all time, and one I will be playing again and again. I love the game so much I don't even pay attention to the flaws.
  3. Nov 25, 2011
    A change of breed doesn't do anything to this game but make it awesome! An extremely revamped Create-A mode setup is shown here, with the Create-A-Park mode in this game probably the best part about it. The story is no good, but the Career Mode itself is pretty magnificent. An extremely addictive game in the series, and an instant recommendation to anybody anywhere!!
  4. Sep 18, 2011
    This game is at the same time of the first games I've ever owned myself, and also one of the best games I've ever played! I have just positive things to say about this game: A great storyline, good graphics (for a game made in 2003) and lots of unique tricks! Another big plus is that you can now edit your skater, deck, parks and even your own tricks! If you like Skate games then this is a game you should definitely get. Expand
  5. Apr 27, 2011
    9.5/10 = Incredible = The last great Tony Hawk game ever made. This game is addictive and a blast to play. It's new features allow for unlimited amounts of replay value. I loved creating new missions and levels!!

1. While the classic Tony Hawk gameplay is present, and still fantastic after all this time, the new story mode doesn't make as dramatic of a change as it probably could have.
  2. As utterly addictive as any of the earlier titles, you'll gladly pay for the privilege of being left with red-raw thumbs and rigid, claw-like hands.
  3. Year on year, the main modes in the THPS games have moved further away from traditional over-the-top skating to encompass more and more 'crazy' goals, something we're not entirely sure we approve of. One thing we are sure of, though, is that the core skating engine makes for by far the best extreme sports game of this generation. [Christmas 2003, p.98]