Twisted Metal: Black PlayStation 2

8.5

1. GregD.
    Mar 4, 2002
    This is what you look for in a game. Super-fast, violence, and missles and machine guns are all a game needs!
  2. DrewA.
    Jun 10, 2002
    The visuals alone are incredible, but when added to the stunning gameplay, nicley detailed story, and massive array of weaponry it's everything the second one was and more.
  3. pietadon
    Jul 4, 2003
    this game is a god sent compaired to the other previos games this game is....well i cant compair it for it cant go higher. and a message to thoes who gave it a bad review and thoes reading them, they only say that becuse there perfectionistic litle shits who cant get passed the first level. not to mention they pelvis cancer, once again to thoes with bad reviwes on this godly game ..FUCK YOU!!!!!
  4. AndrewV.
    Oct 10, 2001
    I thought that this was the best car game I have ever played. The stories are the best and SweetTooth kicks major @$$!
  5. S.Foley
    Jun 28, 2001
    This game rocks. I love the dark atmosphere and storyline of this game. The graphics are great, and the speed is incredible. The levels are huge with a lot of secrets. Get this one for sure.
  6. BlaineG.
    Oct 5, 2002
    The best of the Twisted series has a wicked awesome cast of characters and has a great set of levels for ultimate gameplay. Also out for internet, so you can play with people across the nation!!10/10!!!!
  7. Dr.No
    Feb 24, 2002
    Car doors torn to pieces...Humans flaming like torches exploding in the air...Innocent pedestrians crushed and impaled to pieces...Heavy metal music...Helicopters and airliners exploding under a hellstorm of machine guns, rocket lauchers and flamethrowers...Psycho child abused killers driving customized vehicles that turn into robots with special weapons....My type and idea of game...A+++
  8. EricO.
    Mar 9, 2002
    I luv all Twisted metals, but this one is the best.
  9. ClintonB.
    May 25, 2002
    This is one game that doesn't give up the gameplay for the graphics.
  10. RussellE.
    Feb 5, 2006
    I love this game, I used to have it but even though ive gotten everything I occasionally rent it because its great.
  11. ChuckD.
    Nov 16, 2001
    It's bomb.
  12. TommyC.
    Nov 27, 2001
    Yes baby best game on ps2.
  13. ChrisX.
    Oct 29, 2001
    I think this game is cool. With all the carnage and blood and pedestrian traffic being blown up and people of fire and all of the explosives and car crashes. This is the best game I ever played.
  14. StewartA.
    Oct 16, 2002
    This is the best graphiced game!!!! And the best game to play!!!!
  15. ChrisW.
    Jun 26, 2002
    Excellent! Sweet Tooth is the ultimate bad guy! This game has excellent graphics, amazing gameplay, and it keeps you coming back for more. Seconds anyone?
  16. AaronW.
    Jul 19, 2002
    This game rules! I think the cinematics are the best part. The storylines are as the churchies would say, "evil", but i think they are killer. The best cinematics are the ones for Mr. Grimm and Sweet tooth.
  17. JoelR.
    Apr 17, 2004
    WOW Best Driver Shooter Game I'v Played. Really Interesting stories, good graphics, levels, and charactors.
  18. BradenB.
    Dec 16, 2001
    I truly love this game. Incog. really saved the Twisted Metal series from 989 (they couldn't make a worse game if they tried). I love the stories and driver profiles(especially sweet tooths) and the specials rock! The graphics are excellent. I wish they would have kept some of the old drivers from 1 and 2 though.
  19. AnatoliI.
    Nov 24, 2005
    Just the best Twisted Metal Ever !!!
  20. Jan 28, 2012
    One of my favorite games of all time.. Twisted Metal. I'm a huge RPG fan so this game is out of my genre but I just love the fact that it's fast paced and basically just a very addictive car combat game. No other companies can compete with Eat Sleep Play's Twisted Metal. The storyline in this game is very dark and awesome, the cars are very detailed and have cool specials and the levelOne of my favorite games of all time.. Twisted Metal. I'm a huge RPG fan so this game is out of my genre but I just love the fact that it's fast paced and basically just a very addictive car combat game. No other companies can compete with Eat Sleep Play's Twisted Metal. The storyline in this game is very dark and awesome, the cars are very detailed and have cool specials and the level design is great. The only minor problem I found was that all of the level's are "dark" which is cool and everything but I'de like to see some very opposite type maps in there for more variety. Expand
  21. Feb 22, 2014
    Brutal, dark, gritty, satisfying and addictive. I really can't think of a better way to summarize this game.

I absolutely adore the gritty, industrial themes of Twisted Metal Black, along with the disturbing and dark back stories of each character gives this game a real hard edge in comparison to other titles of the same genre. It all works so perfectly with the tone and flawless, fast-paced car combat action.

You really won't find a better car combat experience anywhere else. The only downside to this game is that it was only released on the Playstation 2!
  22. Apr 9, 2014
    este juego fue genial, lo juegue como 100 horas y aun no me aburro, es un mĂ­tico juego de ps2.

hay otros comentarios que lo critical mal solo por que si, ellos son solo troll, no dan ningĂșn fundamento
  23. Nov 12, 2015
    thank you for my good childhoodz beutiful sound , amazing characters , looks sweet, gameplay -IDEAL!!! if you like good games from ps2 and original story - you must buy it!!!
  24. RJP
    Jan 4, 2002
    One of the best games I have played for a while. The only problem I have with it is that the boss is a stupid police copter. But still, Sweettooth, nuff' said.
  25. MartinC.
    Dec 11, 2001
    WOW... this game ROCKS! A clever blend of intense action wacky characters and massive levels make this game a must have for any PS2 collection!
  26. GirmawiJ.
    Oct 27, 2001
    It has bad A. graphics. Cool levels and every thing. This is a cool game.
  27. ShaunJ.
    Jun 21, 2001
    Twisted Metal: Black is a very dark (hence the name) and disturbing game with excellent graphics and great sound. Don't expect to finish in a day, this game is hard! Definitely worth the money.
  28. RyanM.
    Feb 13, 2003
    This game is a great addition to the twisted metal series. The violence on top of the addictive gameplay makes this game a great multiplayer. The wide choices of characters and the many varied tracks makes this game a definite greatest hits. Twisted Metal Rules!!!!!!!
  29. TimN.
    Feb 25, 2007
    Very good game, builds and improves on TM2 in every way.
  30. BarryC.
    Nov 16, 2001
    Awesome game! Recommended for multiplayer as it is much more entertaining when you get to blast a buddy to kingdom come!
  31. MikeN.
    Nov 23, 2001
    Even after many months, and many new game releases, I still find myself truly enjoying TMB. Definitely continues the legacy of TM1 and TM2, which was sorely missing in 3-4.
  32. Jojo
    Nov 11, 2001
    All those who say that TMBlack is bad have no taste in game in fact their mere presance in the gaming community sickens me.
  33. Feb 15, 2012
    this is the best twisted metal next to twisted metal 2 and the new one for ps3 the game has an amazingly dark storyline with awesome characters while some characters arent that great most are awesome. this the most fluid twisted metal besides the one on ps3 the controls are responsive and the online while around was really fun if you want a classic ps2 game get this you wont regret it
  34. Feb 17, 2012
    Twisted Metal Black has easily been proven to be one of the best PS2 games. It's 2012, and playing most PS2 games is quite a bore. Especially a game that's 11 years old. Every year your standards rise but TM:B has remained just as fun today as it was 11 years ago. It's complex in the way that you want a shooting game complex. It's low on features but strong handed on gameplay, and it'sTwisted Metal Black has easily been proven to be one of the best PS2 games. It's 2012, and playing most PS2 games is quite a bore. Especially a game that's 11 years old. Every year your standards rise but TM:B has remained just as fun today as it was 11 years ago. It's complex in the way that you want a shooting game complex. It's low on features but strong handed on gameplay, and it's stories and atmosphere are some of the best in gaming. It's a shooter that you have to invest some time into to be good. Twisted Metal Black is the most mature TM and easily the most difficult. The gameplay is fast and tight. You will constantly be shifting your eyes from your health bar to your ammo consumption to your map etc. If you put a good amount of time into this game you'll be good enough to take on the only mentionable flaw with this game. You'll notice whence driving around a battle that none of the enemies are really fighting each other, and you're right, they're not. The game is supposed to be a contest of 9 players pitted against each other in an attempt to come out on top, but really it's just you vs 8 other contestants. This is what makes the game so difficult. You can't help but to get frustrated or angry when you get hit by a sickle, a ghost missile and a SAT at the same time. This flaw is quite annoying, and no matter how good you do, it's still a flaw, but the better you are, the less you care. Another mention is that this game is pure old school. On top of the only mode being deathmatch, you will also be spending the majority of your time driving and getting weapon and turbo pick ups. This isn't as annoying as you'd think it would be because there is no way you could survive in a stand still battle anyway. To survive you need to master driving to keep from getting shot by all the other contestants. This game is not by any means pick up and play. There is no single story in this game. Every individual character has his or her own story. There are 15 contestants in total. All the stories, characters and vehicles are equally entertaining and there are no carbon copies. The variation is stronger than any other game I've ever played. There aren't even any fighting games I've played that match the amount of variation in character design. All of the contestants are connected in the contest through Calypso, whom breaks them out of a mental asylum and promises them all (whence they win) a wish of their desire. There is no limit on price, size or even reality. This game being the most mature TM also has a worse fate it seems for those whom have better morals. I'm not going to spoil anything, but the "good" contestants don't have it so good in the end. The graphics are just as good as the other areas of the game. Slick, well textured and extremely dark. It's like a Tim Burton movie for serial killers. There will also be a great amount of time put into this game, for beating the game with every character is a good incentive and will take quite a lot of time. In the end, Twisted Metal Black is a flawless piece of gaming. It's dark, it's difficult, it's engrossing and most of all it's a blast to play. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone. Though for someone looking for a shooter that's more than just a shooter, I'd pick it up on the spot. Expand
  35. KristianP.
    Jan 7, 2002
    Its a funny game, but I think that it goes to fast. The others simply drive a little to fast. Else it's a cool game.
  36. PeterC.
    Oct 29, 2001
    This was the second best Twisted Metal ever. The second one was better but that one ruled. But this game is very good.
  37. LiamW.
    Jan 19, 2008
    A very strong entry in the TM series, especially after the abysmal 3 and 4. However, there were some major disappointments. Weapons are too weak, ramming other cars is no longer a strategy, everything moves too fast and many classic cars are changed for the worst. Despite this, TMB is a superb game. TM2 is better though.
  38. KyleK.
    Nov 23, 2003
    Heaps of fun in multiplayer. Really fun is all i can say.
  39. Mar 29, 2011
    The first real horror game I ever really got my hands on. The gameplay and levels take a backseat as the individual stories and personalities of each character shine through in every possible way, from the menus to the cutscenes to the design of each vehicle. Details like the twisting body bag chained up in the back of the Preacher's car and the punishment No Face deals to the one who gaveThe first real horror game I ever really got my hands on. The gameplay and levels take a backseat as the individual stories and personalities of each character shine through in every possible way, from the menus to the cutscenes to the design of each vehicle. Details like the twisting body bag chained up in the back of the Preacher's car and the punishment No Face deals to the one who gave him his namesake stick with me to this day. Expand
  40. Jul 21, 2011
    Its so fun- but its so damn hard. This game is immensely difficult. Maybe its the control scheme or maybe its just my inability to carry on against un-winnable boss fights. The levels are easy and even if you're not very good with the characters that apparently built their vehicles out of tissue paper, its still not impossible... but then you get to the first boss. Its of course aroundIts so fun- but its so damn hard. This game is immensely difficult. Maybe its the control scheme or maybe its just my inability to carry on against un-winnable boss fights. The levels are easy and even if you're not very good with the characters that apparently built their vehicles out of tissue paper, its still not impossible... but then you get to the first boss. Its of course around the second that you start to wonder why you can't seem to progress through the game very easily. These boss fights are ridiculous and unless its magically easier with 2 players instead of one- I'm still guessing they would be a bit frustrating. Also the control scheme is garbage if you're not used to it. In fact I blame a lot the inherent difficulty in just maneuvering you're vehicle on the control scheme. Its un-suited for a car combat game and I've been playing these since the original playstation. Yet, the music rocks, the characters are awesome, the cars are great, the weapons are great, the levels are varied, and it just does what it does so well. Its hart to hate what you love, but even Twisted Metal has its shortcomings. They just don't kill the games appeal though. Expand
  41. Sep 15, 2013
    No real plot, no real point, but a ton of fun. Normally I rarely indulge in such mindless games, but Twisted Metal Black was just non-stop fun. Graphics are great, sound & music are top notch and character design is original and twisted.

Overall:
    A great game that reminded me greatly of the old arcade days where you just played to have fun, and blow stuff up!

#11 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#12 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. Not only the best in the series, but it also manages to be the best car combat game ever created and one of the best PlayStation 2 games currently available.
    The sound is very disturbing in a Nine Inch Nails sort of way—very cool and very brooding, fitting in perfectly with the game.
  3. The difference is that TMB just does it all better. Level design, graphics, weapons, vehicles, players… they’re all pulled off to such a perfect degree that it almost seems like the other games didn’t even exist.