8.1

1. Jan 5, 2014
    I think the plotline to this game is terrible if you call what what ty goes through good enough to be a plotline. You only keep two of the original rangs if you upgrade everything, and they deleted/mixed other rangs. The Zoomerang and infrarang are now the Infrarang/Xrang. That's bull. The Chronorang is completely done away with, which I think is a disaster. The vehicles are way overboard. The Shadow Bunyip is the only one I remotely like using. The collectibles arent worth collecting anymore. Everything is for opals, nothing worthwhile. Even if you manage to accomplish 100%, what do you get? A big fat Nothing. The missions have almost nothing to do with the game and in no way stays in touch with the core gaming of Ty 1. If you were to base the score simply on gaming, I would give it a 0.7. Now we get into mechanics. Yeah, he walks, runs, swims, and drives fine. Loading screens are bearable. As far as programming and mechanics, this game is actually pretty good, which brings it up to a 3. Ty 1 actually had mechanics in spades. Other than that, Ty 2 is a terrible game. I would not wish this disease of a game on anyone older than 8. 8 year olds might actually enjoy it. Expand

Though getting through Ty 2 is particularly easy, it would likely be enough of a challenge for younger players to make this a good gateway game. The same humor, scripting, and play mechanics that feel childish to experienced players will be new and entertaining to those without experience.
  2. Overly sophisticated elements have been held back to appeal to the younger gamer but some hugely tricky jumping puzzles are bound to cause frustration. Luckily, gameplay is varied. If you get stuck, you can hit the road, and before long you'll be faced with a different challenge.
  3. The game's graphics are charming and colorful, and certainly very child-friendly. The many levels you'll find are of a respectable size and with many things to do, but in pure technical terms, none of this will "wow" an experienced gamer.