WinBack: Covert Operations PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Mar 27, 2001
7.7

1. YellowPenguin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Not as good as "MGS" but what is so perfect as this game. Otherwise Winback is solid, fun and can can be seen as a warm up for the big one game "MGS2."
  2. ChadS.
    Yum.
  3. Might
    Aug 4, 2001
    This game is incredible. I still play it today on the N64, its hard and long. Now its on PS2! How much better can the game get. I get bored of these first person view games.
  4. P.O.
    Jul 27, 2002
    Great game. I can't stop playing it.
  5. Jason
    Jul 11, 2001
    Best game ever. Any one who isn't good at this game just sucks at video games altogether.
  6. JasonT.
    Jul 4, 2001
    Everything... it was a masterpiece... a work of art!!
  7. VinhT.
    Jul 4, 2001
    Spectacular!! Best game I have played yet! Quenches your thirst for action-espionage
  8. VinhT.
  9. Serge
    Aug 18, 2001
    Umm..can i rate it 11?
  10. AdW.
    Jul 11, 2001
    Best game in it's genre!
  11. May 27, 2012
    One of my favorite games of all time. I played the 64 version. Put so many hours into this game.

#47 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001

Despite its averageness, WinBack: CO is fun, satisfying stealth/action fare. If it were the only game you had, it’d be great.
  2. Compared with the sights/sounds/gameplay of "MGS2", the technical flaws that were present on the N64 version (and haven't been fixed in this PS2 port) stand-out like a sore thumb on Roger Ebert's hand (there's a lovely image for you!).
  3. Sheesh, this clunker might as well be subtitled "Interactive Espionage Game Design Basics for Dummies." How retailers can live with such rubbish polluting their shelves isn't apparent.