8.9

1. Apr 22, 2015
    All hail Season Mode, the ONE thing that made wrestling games GOOD and amplified an endless amount of replay value.
    Furthermore, if you're a huge fan of the Ruthless Aggression like I am, especially in its early start of 2002-03 - then this is by far the most enjoyable wrestling game you will ever come by. Not counting out its predecessor Shut Your Mouth, but Here Comes the Pain improved massively on its gameplay.
  2. Sep 4, 2014
    Probably the best wrestling game ever.Hell, it aged so damn well. Great roster, exciting gameplay. Really an epic and also a revolutionary game at that time. There hasn't been any wrestling game since "Here Comes The Pain" that was better and more fun than that. A difficult wrestling game to top.
  3. Mar 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. still the best wwe game ever would like this to be recreated for latest consoles with moderrn graphics same here comes the pain roster with latest added members 2014 and same fast gameplay with latest updated moves for analog controls voice and commentary and entrance all updated wold be a dream game if that happens hope all agree and like it Expand
  4. Mar 24, 2014
    Still the best wrestling game ever created. The character creator & character customization modes are chock-full of content. There are so many battle modes to choose from, and the controls are impeccable, it blows my mind.
  5. Feb 15, 2014
    This game is the best wwe game.The game play 100%.The sound 100%.The music in the background is the best and way better than commentary.The sound is 100%.The only one thing bad about it and most users would have said it.There was no Jeff Hardy or Hulk Hogan.Most of the character overalls were not that good.The season mode was the best thing about it.The season mode was about 1 year longThis game is the best wwe game.The game play 100%.The sound 100%.The music in the background is the best and way better than commentary.The sound is 100%.The only one thing bad about it and most users would have said it.There was no Jeff Hardy or Hulk Hogan.Most of the character overalls were not that good.The season mode was the best thing about it.The season mode was about 1 year long and it was fun.You could make your own character and move-set.You could even play season mode with your character.The music made in this game was the best.Commentary is useless.In every wwe game they should make music.I really hope they make another game like this.
    Thanks
    Owaisqadri100
  6. Nov 13, 2013
    KYR was fun, JBI was good, SYM was great, but HCTP was and always will be the Greatest Smackdown! Game of all time. Everything was awesome in this game.
  7. Jun 19, 2013
    Without a doubt my favorite WWE game and i played a lot of WWE games across the ps2, ps3 and the psp. This had a big variety of characters a decent creator mode and a big variety of matches, we had even more possibilities of matches in this game than the latest ones (Fight in the back stages, in the car park, etc). I spent long hours playing this game with friends and my sister, this wasWithout a doubt my favorite WWE game and i played a lot of WWE games across the ps2, ps3 and the psp. This had a big variety of characters a decent creator mode and a big variety of matches, we had even more possibilities of matches in this game than the latest ones (Fight in the back stages, in the car park, etc). I spent long hours playing this game with friends and my sister, this was my second favorite ps2 game (first was GTA: SA). I laughed a lot with this game and will never forget it, and i still play it and enjoy it. Expand
  8. Jan 9, 2013
    CLASSIC i didnt get this game when i was young so i always saw videos and heard it was the best i thought it might not be ture bcuz i was obsesses with the first sd vs raw but this game is AMAZING great backstage areas, TIMES SQUARE and very addictve gameplay and a great roster overall this is the best wwe game ever!
  9. Aug 28, 2010
    Wow,lets get right to it and I have to tell you that it's August 2010 and I have yet to find a wrestling game or fighting game as good as this game.I have wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010 and that game is amazing but this game's game play is mind blowing.Especially for how old this game is.The lack of commentary is the only reason I'm knocking off a 1/2 of a point,even though the commentary inWow,lets get right to it and I have to tell you that it's August 2010 and I have yet to find a wrestling game or fighting game as good as this game.I have wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010 and that game is amazing but this game's game play is mind blowing.Especially for how old this game is.The lack of commentary is the only reason I'm knocking off a 1/2 of a point,even though the commentary in all the wrestling games is terrible and the games weakest point,but to this day I play it and love it the best of all my wresling games,I give it a 9.5 Collapse
  10. BryanM.
    Jun 5, 2007
    This game rocks just by having Goldberg in it makes it a 8, but they could have done better in the season mode that is why it stays a 9 and not a 10.
  11. Blizzardbob
    May 15, 2006
    The best wrestling game ever!!!!!!
  12. BobD.
    Mar 28, 2006
    It should be on PC.
  13. ShaneM.
    Aug 9, 2005
    I think that out of the smack games i think that this one is the best. i think that the legened characterisc was the best they did to make the game good.
  14. ErikR.
    May 18, 2005
    I own every smackdown game and this is by far the best. better gameplay and smoother graphics. i recommend this game to anyone even if you dont like wrestling.
  15. JimmyW.
    Aug 20, 2004
    Awesome awesome awesome the best game i have. looks like the real smackdown and raw i,d reccomend this game 4 any1 who loves wrestling and luvz 2 snap people best game ive ever played.
  16. Batman
    Jul 13, 2004
    This is the best wrestling game...the only problems are...you can't hit people when they are doing submissions and you have to do season mode for like 4 years before u can max out a created character...and the create a wrestler mode isnt as cool as wrestlemania xix...
  17. HeshtHardy
    Jul 5, 2004
    This game is really addictive but the only good legend is the old school Undertaker.
  18. EvanM.
    Jun 23, 2004
    This game is incredible. Best WWE game out there. Good graphics, the smackdown dollars are cool, and the grappling system is awesome.The legends are cool except that they don't have they're theme songs. HBK, Goldberg, Edge, Eddie Guerrero...you guys rule. This is a MUST HAVE for ps2
  19. BenS.
    Jun 23, 2004
    This game is one of the best games i ever had.
  20. ShelbyA.
    May 9, 2004
    It is really cool! The only problem I have with it is that I dont know how to use the people I create! But, other then that the game is great! If anyone knows how to use the people they create please e-mail me at rubberducky022792@hotmail.com.
  21. [Anonoymous]
    May 4, 2004
    Great.
  22. GaryM.
    Mar 23, 2004
    The only thing bad about this game is u cant brake moves or sumbissions. but the season made is krazy it like real life. its very easy and the finishing moves in this game are incredable. my favorite thing about this game is the running specails rynho and test so easy to do running specails but the other thing about this game is it takes about 5 stunners to take brock lesner down.
  23. JOHNC.
    Mar 18, 2004
    Best wrestling game, plus I am the best because I'm the United States champion!
  24. PillsburyDboy
    Mar 18, 2004
    The best game ever.
    Mar 8, 2004
    Easily the best game in the series. The ultimate game for wrestling fans everywhere.
  26. NickVanA.
    Feb 17, 2004
    It's a beautiful game.
  27. PeterL.
    Feb 7, 2004
    This is one of the most addicting games for anyone to play. You'll literally spend hours on the game.
  28. Blizzardbob
    Jan 21, 2004
    The best wrestling game ever!!!!!!
  29. KennyH.
    Jan 6, 2004
    This is definetely THE best wrestling game ever. *Bra and Panties matches!* There's a great create a wrestler thing in it. And it's not frustrating like ECW Hardcore Revolution.(The worst wrestling game ever) Just a flat out great game.
  30. B.C.
    Dec 23, 2003
    This game rocked although there could've been more recent characters this game is the best one to date on any console. I've played them all and there were none better than this one.
  31. AllenK.
    Dec 21, 2003
    I am the rocks # 1 fan, and this game is the best AND THE ROCK MEANS THE BEST game ever.
  32. GregL.
    Dec 17, 2003
    Amazing game guys!! keep up the good work! i think its gonna be a greatest hit game soon!
  33. AndreasL.
    Dec 15, 2003
    Definitely the best of the series, but a lot of power has gone into the graphics and gameplay, so the authentic feel from "Shut your mouth!" has gone a bit. I particularly miss JR and Jerry Lawler's comment (even if only on moves), and the soundtrack. The new music is very arcade-like and annoying (luckily it can be turned off). On the other hand the gameplay has improved Definitely the best of the series, but a lot of power has gone into the graphics and gameplay, so the authentic feel from "Shut your mouth!" has gone a bit. I particularly miss JR and Jerry Lawler's comment (even if only on moves), and the soundtrack. The new music is very arcade-like and annoying (luckily it can be turned off). On the other hand the gameplay has improved considerably, and the season mode has an Xp-feature, making it possible to bring up your wrestler (original or created) from nothing. This really makes the flow much better, combined with the new unlockable-system, based on SmackdownDollars instead of particular PPW's. I liked the feel of the earlier version better, but the superior gameplay, control and season-mode makes this my new overall favorite! Expand
  34. ShawnH.
    Dec 12, 2003
    I been buying smackdown games for age, and i have not seen any thing worth getting. the grahics are like u are in the game. The first blood is the most realisc feature of them all. Some prople are stupid if they think this is 10 or less rated. This is the best game of all time.
  35. KyleT.
    Dec 11, 2003
    this game is one of the greatest games there is right now.
  36. Adam
    Dec 5, 2003
    Game is aswome has great graphics, very fun, and has fun new matches, big step up from SSYM.
  37. AlvinL.
    Dec 4, 2003
    Yup! The game rocks in every single aspect as one can bargain for except for the multiplayer season mode. The graphics are amazing, the menus are cool and the all the new moves are just begging to be tried out. I give this 10 STARS!!!
  38. Kairow
    Dec 4, 2003
    I was addicted to the previous SD incarnation. I would compare the slight changes in gameplay and graphics to the differences in THPS2 and 3. Changes had to be made in order to elevate the overall experiance. It's not an update of the previous game, it's an overhaul, and a great one at that. A season mode with story lines, mechanics aproaching a Soul Caliber-type of feel, an I was addicted to the previous SD incarnation. I would compare the slight changes in gameplay and graphics to the differences in THPS2 and 3. Changes had to be made in order to elevate the overall experiance. It's not an update of the previous game, it's an overhaul, and a great one at that. A season mode with story lines, mechanics aproaching a Soul Caliber-type of feel, an amazing create mode, and fantastic replay value. What's not to like? I would of liked to have more than two BG music choices. My grudge with this only exists because every other aspect of the game shines. If you think my praise is unwarnted, play Backyard Westling and see if HCTP does not come out smelling like roses.... Expand
  39. BrandonG.
    Dec 3, 2003
    This is the god of all games.
  40. Alex13a.
    Dec 2, 2003
    This game is the best thing that ever happened to me, i just love Bra and panties match, the best thing is season mode because you can earn money.In other words the best game i ever played.
  41. Allmightygod
    Nov 28, 2003
    It is the best game i have ever played and the best match i reckon is the elimimation chamber match and the character appeaerance look so life like i dont know how they will top this game.
  42. Multi
    Nov 27, 2003
    Ya it's good, but I'd love a multiplayer season mode.
  43. ZacharyW.
    Nov 26, 2003
    The best graphics ever for a smackdown game.
  44. SiuolG.
    Nov 23, 2003
    This game is just too great...ooh...too hot...!
  45. BrandynT.
    Nov 21, 2003
    I THINK ITS THE BEST!
  46. Ray
    Nov 21, 2003
    God, look at all these 10's. Well here's another too. This is the best wrestling game out now over Raw 2 and WMXIX PERIOD. Nevermind these other peoples review who rate it a 7 or less they dont know sh.t about a good game it kicks ass.
  47. CarokA.
    Nov 18, 2003
    This game rocks! elemination chamber is the best!bra and panty match oooooo ya!
  48. DarioO.
    Nov 17, 2003
    This game has everything u want in a wrestling game.
  49. Mr.S.
    Nov 16, 2003
    This absolutely the best wrestling game ever because stone cold said so and one thing too caaan youuuu dig it suckaaaaaa?
  50. EdwardH.
    Nov 14, 2003
    I believe that wwe here comes the pain is the finest game than all the other wrestling games out. You can see all your favorite wrestlers all at once and better yet do things that you always wanted to do. I really think the matches are 100% great well as the storymodes. If you think your too good for this game you just missed the lost. I think this game will make 1,0000 bucks and if you I believe that wwe here comes the pain is the finest game than all the other wrestling games out. You can see all your favorite wrestlers all at once and better yet do things that you always wanted to do. I really think the matches are 100% great well as the storymodes. If you think your too good for this game you just missed the lost. I think this game will make 1,0000 bucks and if you don't think so I have two words for YOU -SUCK!!!! Thanks Alot for reading: By Edward Diontezt Harris. Expand
  51. KentA.
    Nov 13, 2003
    This was an excellent game. Improved graphics, the ability of bleeding and everything else. The only let down was the fact that just as i was getting into the game, it ended. season mode was far too short.
  52. KentA.
    Nov 13, 2003
  53. TanmayA.
    Nov 11, 2003
    This is a brilliant game. The best I have ever seen. I love the graphics. The Elimination Match is just great. The new superstars ( Scot Stienier, Goldberg) are great too.
  54. MatthewK.
    Nov 11, 2003
    The best graphics of any wrestling game i've ever played!
  55. ChrisM.
    Nov 11, 2003
    Wot a game the only thing dat i wished 4 dat the season mode doesnt carry on as long as u want like smackdown 2.
  56. JoshT.
    Nov 11, 2003
    This game rocks the world cos that's the bottom line.
  57. GaryT.
    Nov 10, 2003
    The best WWE game out ever more matches like elimination chamber match, bra and panties, better backstage for the hardcore matches, more depper season mode, more wrestles like, Goldberg, scott steiner, un-masked Kane, Evolution and legends are good expecially the old school Undertaker. That was the good things about the game the bad things are dont have some other wrestlers like Shane The best WWE game out ever more matches like elimination chamber match, bra and panties, better backstage for the hardcore matches, more depper season mode, more wrestles like, Goldberg, scott steiner, un-masked Kane, Evolution and legends are good expecially the old school Undertaker. That was the good things about the game the bad things are dont have some other wrestlers like Shane O'Mac, Scotty 2 Hotty, Enterance musics are the the real things for some of them like no words or old music from RVD, Kane, Dudley Boys, and in tag team matches when you taunt your tag team comes in to help you.Thats all, and i would recomend it to any one. Expand
  58. BillyA.
    Nov 8, 2003
    I think that wwe SmackDown here comes the pain is the best game i have ever played. the bra and pantys match is hot and so is trish. o yeah here comes the pain.
  59. Steven-o
    Nov 7, 2003
    This game is the f'in best, unbelieveable graphics, awsome matches like the elimination chamber by the far the best match in the game, and holy....best game yet of 03/04.
  60. SaqibA.
    Nov 7, 2003
    Cool good graphics.
  61. JohnM.
    Nov 4, 2003
    Shut your mouth might have been great but here comes the pain is much much more better you have got the likes of elimination chamber bra and panties and first blood also new wrestlers like scott steiner rey mysterio goldberg and many more and the and the best bits of all is chris jerichos highnight reel evolution and kane unmasked one more thing to say if anyone doesn't know what toShut your mouth might have been great but here comes the pain is much much more better you have got the likes of elimination chamber bra and panties and first blood also new wrestlers like scott steiner rey mysterio goldberg and many more and the and the best bits of all is chris jerichos highnight reel evolution and kane unmasked one more thing to say if anyone doesn't know what to get for christmas this is the game for you. Expand
  62. G.Cheng
    Nov 2, 2003
    Best wrestling game I've ever played, the story mode is alot deeper than last years, the graphics are better as well, the legends are fun to play with but their entrance are extremely disappointing, no signature music or pose, but its still a must buy for wrestling fans.
  63. BrendonR.
    Oct 29, 2003
    The Best game I ever played. the graphcs are unbeliveable, and all the special matches ah! it's to great to talk about. My god! Brendon Rasulo
  64. Rick
    Oct 27, 2003
    New modes, new characters, better graphics, perfect gameplay, exclusive story mode... This one will rule!
  65. JonathanB.
    Oct 26, 2003
    This game is filled with intense matches ,and more characters than the previouse smackdown games.The elimination chamber is the best by far out of all the matches. The graphics are great to, and that is why I rate this game a perfect 10.
  66. Nirav
    Oct 26, 2003
    The Best game ever and one more thing here comes the pain.
  67. HeribertoS.
    Oct 22, 2003
    This sh.t is hot as hell.
  68. HarisV.
    Oct 22, 2003
    I like this game because I like the new match and its the elimanation chamber and the bra and panties match the women are so hot especially Stacy Kiebler.
  69. KainH.
    Oct 21, 2003
    I LOVE THIS GAME. I have found that Smackdown : Shut Your Mouth for ps2 and Wrestlemania 19 for the Gamecube were the opposites of each other. What one had that was great, the other didnt have and Visca Versa. This game is a culmination of the 2 but without all the flaws. "Example" Trish being able to lift the bigshow no problem and Goldberg being stronger and faster than anyone in the I LOVE THIS GAME. I have found that Smackdown : Shut Your Mouth for ps2 and Wrestlemania 19 for the Gamecube were the opposites of each other. What one had that was great, the other didnt have and Visca Versa. This game is a culmination of the 2 but without all the flaws. "Example" Trish being able to lift the bigshow no problem and Goldberg being stronger and faster than anyone in the game. I give it a 10 because of the shier trial and error that perfeted this game. i would tell anyone who is a fan of wrestling or fighting games in general to buy this game. Expand
  70. FrankieC.
    Oct 21, 2003
    It will be the best thing since sliced bread, Bra and pantys match need i say more?
  71. PatS.
    Oct 20, 2003
    This game is the best game so far, with the newest characters. The INjury report in the top of the screen gives the players a good idea of were to work on.
  72. JanrenA.
    Oct 18, 2003
    This game is so cool it has so many new features bra and panty match o ya elimination chamber rocks! it also has new wrestlers like rey mysterio goldberg and cool legends like jimmy snuka "super fly."
  73. StepIn
    Oct 9, 2003
    It is going to be the best game this year. Nothing will amount to it. all sexy ladies heyyyyy.
  74. Aug 28, 2010

One of the best wrestling games we've ever played...With its ultra-improved gameplay mechanics, enhanced visual engine, smarter career mode, and established create-a-character feature, Yukes and THQ are definitely the track to success.
    How about a Bra & Panties mode where WWE Divas rip off each other’s clothes? It’s the raunchiest Teen-rated action you’ll find anywhere.
  3. An absolutely awesome wrestling experience...Thanks to features like improved graphics, more match types, and an overhauled grappling system, it's definitely the most realistic and rewarding WWE game on the market. [Dec 2003, p.56]