6.8

1. Apr 24, 2011
    Pros: Visually impressive; simplified controls improve some of the gameplay; varied roster. Cons: Again, it lacks any kind of innovation or change; removal of General Manage Mode.
  2. May 13, 2016
    It is a conformist game, but at least improved (slightly...) the combat system. The worst of this game is the removal of GM mode and that the game does not offer any incentive to use creation modes.

#28 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2008
#1 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2008

1. Games Master UK
    A competitive effort, but the prospect of DLC seals it for the next-gen. [Dec 2008, p.57]
    A fun game that falls short of its potential. The Roster Editor is a welcome addition, Create-A-Finisher could be deeper but is a great first effort, the Inferno Match is over-the-top but fun, and Road to WrestleMania is one of the best story modes I've seen in a wrestling game in years. However, I can't shake the feeling that I'm playing last year's game when we get down to the nitty gritty match mechanics.
    To all the SmackDown haters out there: If you're going to jump back in the ring, this is the year to do it. Both of these exciting new additions, along with the aforementioned improvements -- and the upcoming downloadable content -- make SVR09 this year's grapple-game champ.