7.2

1. RobT.
    May 7, 2003
    Best x-men game ever wolverine is a true badass.
  2. JonathanF.
    Jul 26, 2003
    Oh yeah this game is way good. Just slightly hard and spooky sometimes but addictive and oh yeah this game is way good.
  3. JimY.
    Apr 19, 2003
    I don't understand the current rating on this site. A "3"?? I know a bad game when I see it, and this is NOT it!! This is a top notch game. Possibly the previous reviewers are under tha age of 30 and can't appreciate it as much as we old folk? X2 offers a semi-linear style of gameplay, which is refreshing. You learn bits and pieces about where you are along the way. It really I don't understand the current rating on this site. A "3"?? I know a bad game when I see it, and this is NOT it!! This is a top notch game. Possibly the previous reviewers are under tha age of 30 and can't appreciate it as much as we old folk? X2 offers a semi-linear style of gameplay, which is refreshing. You learn bits and pieces about where you are along the way. It really potrayed that atmosphere of Wolverine animal desperation (for those old enough to remember and appreciate the comic). The controls flow naturally and have a low learning curve. This game is a definite rental (for those of us with Freedom passes;) or a purchase for the hardcore Wolvie fans. I would have normally given this an 8, but since others judged so harshly....a 9 it is. PS. This game makes Tenchu and others like it a pale shadow. Expand

1. There are some good ideas here, but the lack of detail, soft collision (Wolvie sinks ankle-high into any raised surface), murky control and low poly counts make Logan a dull boy. [June 2003, p.58]
  2. Fundamental gameplay mistakes and atrocious designs run rampant through every inch of this miserable PlayStation 2 application. [June 2003, p.104]
  3. The fan in me can't help but like this game. Despite some questionable A.I. and repetitive attack animations (surprisingly brutal for a Teen rating), the Stealth mode (activated by awkwardly holding down L2 - another control issue) presents a genuinely cool graphic effect similar to thermal vision. [June 2003, p.108]