5.5

1. Oct 15, 2014
    It was an OK game. It wasn't an amazing one, though. Terrible controls, confusing game mechanics and bugs are the main problems here, but it did have a good story with some great seat-pieces. Who wouldn't want to drive a taxi during an earthquake in New York?

This game did a solid job of introducing me to Edward Carnby and the franchise. I just wish that it did that job better.
  2. Aug 21, 2013
    this game was overall fair, the reason being is because the game had a bit of problems such as awkward controls and boring cut scenes but the gameplay was alright
  3. CurtB.
    Sep 25, 2008
    This game had it's moments. The story was well thought out and the graphics (esp. lighting) are incredible. It also has some original ideas (like the inventory screen and combing items in a new way). The controls on the other hand are terrible. Driving is near impossible and the rest of the game is a chore to get through.
  4. Mar 29, 2011
    I threw myself into playing Alone in the Dark Inferno expecting at the very least an average game at best. I think my expectations may have been too high even then. This might possibly be one of the worst survival horror games ever made. First I'll start off with the major complaint. The controls. I've NEVER fought so hard in my life to just play the game and even by the end of the game II threw myself into playing Alone in the Dark Inferno expecting at the very least an average game at best. I think my expectations may have been too high even then. This might possibly be one of the worst survival horror games ever made. First I'll start off with the major complaint. The controls. I've NEVER fought so hard in my life to just play the game and even by the end of the game I still felt like they were sloppy and rugged. Next onto graphics. The graphics were scarier then the game. They're awful for a next gen game. Environment, weapons, "ratz", vampirz", "humanz", cut scenes, everyone and everything in the game looks bad. Story is god awful as well and the dialog makes it even worse. You know the games going to be bad when it seems like every sentence has cursing. In closing Alone in the Dark Inferno is one of those games you go out and buy from a bargain bin for 5$, or rent if you are trying to get trophies or achievements. Other then that I can't see any reason for actually wanting this game. Collapse

1. Alone in the Dark proves that with a little time and patience, a good game can be created from innovative ideas.
    The fixes and changes have dragged Alone In The Dark from being a god-awful game to an okay one. It can’t compete with the likes of Dead Space, but it can cosy up with other mediocrity such as Siren: Blood Curse.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    It's definitely clever and fun, though, and Inferno's raft of improvements is enough to finally make Alone worth your attention. [Holiday 2008, p.81]