7.3

1. R.B.
    Mar 26, 2008
    Great fun to play with a friend, but never gets really exciting when you play single player mode. The online lag I experienced just ruined the possibility to really enjoy AoT to the fullest. It's absolutely not a bad game, but it could have been so much more I think. I recommend playing with friends or try before you buy.
  2. BryanS.
    Mar 8, 2008
    A solid coop FPS, great fun to play with a friend, and the story is well-done, predictable, but still, it's fun, especially the way the characters interact.
  3. AlecLaPierre
    Jan 26, 2009
    This game is pretty good. I like how you can upgrade and pimp your guns, and the story mode to this game. the graphics team did really good with this and so did the artists(the helmets, armour, etc.). The guns in this game are acceptionally good and so is the AI and aggro, I also think the AI solo controls are awsome! this is the first FPS game i dont mid to play on my own because there isThis game is pretty good. I like how you can upgrade and pimp your guns, and the story mode to this game. the graphics team did really good with this and so did the artists(the helmets, armour, etc.). The guns in this game are acceptionally good and so is the AI and aggro, I also think the AI solo controls are awsome! this is the first FPS game i dont mid to play on my own because there is no disadvantages with the AI controls. I realy dont like the veiw... it kinda sucks and is hard to work with when you are trying to get mediced.the meele cobat should be adjusted and differed but thats about it. this game is definetly going to be getting a sequell, infact, mabey even a whole trilogy! Expand
    Mar 14, 2008
    I actually really enjoy this game. It's a very fun experience in my opinion. Co-Op is clearly where this game shines. Running and gunning with a friend is a great gaming experience. The storyline is interesting and pertains to current world situations and events, which I like. The cover and aggro system are also nice touches. One thing keeps me from giving this game a higher rating. I actually really enjoy this game. It's a very fun experience in my opinion. Co-Op is clearly where this game shines. Running and gunning with a friend is a great gaming experience. The storyline is interesting and pertains to current world situations and events, which I like. The cover and aggro system are also nice touches. One thing keeps me from giving this game a higher rating. When Army of Two was first talked about, the big thing was the partner AI was supposed to be super smart. I thought I wouldn't have to tell him to do anything, or at least only issue very limited commands. But I felt like I had to tell him to do everything. It wasn't a huge deal, but disappointing because of my expectations. But Co-Op is where this game is at anyway. Overall, a very good, fun, interesting game. Expand
  5. Jul 3, 2011
    The charms of 'Army of Two' certainly outweigh the faults, but not by too vast a margin. While the characters in the game will give you a good laugh or two, and you'll definitely love to hate Clyde, the awkwardness of the game-play doesn't quite make you want to play much longer after the short campaign is over. Play 'Army of Two' with a partner.
  6. Oct 21, 2012
    I had a lot of fun playing army of two solo. Everybody tells you that this game is only good in co-op mode. I disagree. It was made to play in co-op i know but it can be as satisfying in a solo campaign. The story is forgetable but the game mechanics is what makes it good.
  7. MaxC.
    Mar 10, 2008
    I had some fun while playing this very short game, which makes it at least worth a rent. The graphics are pretty good, the weapons are pretty cool and upgradable, and co-op is fun as hell. Problems start arising when crappy little objects (like crates or plywood) easily stop bullets and when enemies sometimes get cheap melee hits in. The game campaign can be beaten in less than five I had some fun while playing this very short game, which makes it at least worth a rent. The graphics are pretty good, the weapons are pretty cool and upgradable, and co-op is fun as hell. Problems start arising when crappy little objects (like crates or plywood) easily stop bullets and when enemies sometimes get cheap melee hits in. The game campaign can be beaten in less than five hours, first time through and on contracter (read: normal) difficulty, but that seems to be par for todays games (Halo 3, CoD4 I'm looking at you). The campaing is made to be replayed several times in co-op, so I suppose it would have to be fairly short, but it is still disappointing. All in all, a good game, but I wouldn't spend $65 on it. Expand
  8. CiscoV.
    Mar 10, 2008
    I have to say this is one of the best games I've played and now own! I own Call of Duty 4, Resistance, Unreal Tournament 3, Time Shift, and so on, but this game ROCKS! The graphics are great, they give Time Shift graphics a challenge, both are great! The weapons, upgrades, action, and co-ops are all kick butt! This game is worth your time if you're a shoot fan or action junky!
  9. RobertoR.
    Jun 25, 2008
    The story is interesting and original, the visuals amazing. But the battles and enemies are repetitive and predictable. When playing one-player, the AI partner really isn't all that "I", getting stuck in places, dragging you to bad spots to heal you, and not really doing much. This is a game made to be played with a human.
  10. JodyM.
    Mar 11, 2008
    The innovative gameplay style and dialog make up for it short falls. A truly entertaining game to play in COOP, particularly with friends.
  11. EpilepticGamingFan
    Mar 5, 2008
    Solid game, great co-op, been waiting a while for this kind of game.
  12. AaronL.
    Aug 22, 2008
    Play this game only if you've got someone to play it with on splitscreen. The gameplay is average, but with unique co-op features, customizable weapons and aggro system (where one of the two can take on all the fires allowing the other to sneak around places), it makes a borderline fun game. The story however is terrible, they should just rename the game to "The Dual Terminators - US Play this game only if you've got someone to play it with on splitscreen. The gameplay is average, but with unique co-op features, customizable weapons and aggro system (where one of the two can take on all the fires allowing the other to sneak around places), it makes a borderline fun game. The story however is terrible, they should just rename the game to "The Dual Terminators - US PROPAGANDA", the dialogues are worse, it almost seems that the game is made for wiggers. Expand
  13. JohnM.
    Mar 16, 2008
    Different enough to be enjoyed . BTW I have both the 360 and the ps3 versions David you probably own a Xbox 360 as the ps3 engine runs circle around the Xbox 360 version and no its not a port is is cross compiled.
  14. SteveO.
    Mar 28, 2008
    This game I thought was awesome, although really short, however, as I just read they are coming out with 2 more Scenarios for the Campaign Side. I haven't tried it over the net yet, and honestly don't think I really want to. There are some things to be desired yes, but be honest with yourself, how many games are out there right now where you can play Co-Op like this? Not to many.
  15. JustinE.
    Apr 23, 2008
    This game was far too short in single player and the multi player seems a little lacking. The concept is great but the game leaves much to be desired.
  16. DeonM.
    Jun 25, 2008
    A game I thought could not go wrong- Huge blokes with big ass guns, the aim being co-op multiplayer and the power of PS3? Classic game? No... Gameplay and camera-angles suck and the game is too short. Well worth a rent on a Sunday afternoon. Let`s hope they get some real gamers to help them with the mistakes in the first game and make a better sequel.
  17. Sep 1, 2012
    This game should have been a lot more fun that the title promises. I felt like I was going to get a game that actually begs for a social life. You play with someone else all the time. You use their abilities and yours to achieve a goal. That sounds awesome. The problem is, the controls don't every seem to synch up. They want to. They just don't quite get there. That's okay. ThisThis game should have been a lot more fun that the title promises. I felt like I was going to get a game that actually begs for a social life. You play with someone else all the time. You use their abilities and yours to achieve a goal. That sounds awesome. The problem is, the controls don't every seem to synch up. They want to. They just don't quite get there. That's okay. This game is one of a kind. Games that start up ideas or notions or principles of gaming always show their flaws more than a game in a tried and true genre. I guess the subject material should make you more involved. It just doesn't. For having the kind of weaponry that you have, and the kind of partner that you have, you should be able to knock it down all the time. You just never get to, at least, not really. That is why I can't really be nice to this game. It is a great idea, and it gets better(army of two....2!). This one should have been a little more polished. It looks good, just not great. The rest of this thing is just a mess, the story dies right away, and the gameplay becomes more of a job and less of a fun immersive gaming experience. I recently read a review on this website in which the user said, "I just don't know what gamers expect anymore..."; this implies we expect too much. We do. We gamers do complain an awful lot. Can you blame us? It's $60 dollars for a game. Can you blame the developers? They're paying a huge overhead just to make these things. They can't guarantee all their product. I think it's fair to look at both sides in the manner that I explained. However, it validates why this game isn't the greatest. It promises $60 of fun. You get the equivalent to just-okay Sega Dreamcast experience. Expand
  18. BrayanJ.
    May 21, 2008
    Splitscreen with a friend is very good.
  19. DavidL.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Another PS3 game ported from the 360 version that is very crappy. The framerate and graphics are ugly compared to the 360 version and it's just a disgrace.
  20. OscarG.
    Mar 10, 2008
    The game is good and the scene is very realistic and complete. The artificial intelligence is very good in this game . You can see the enemies crouch, or run to escape, when they feel the damage. I recommend this game.
  21. OliverE.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Army of Two well what can I say the title speaks for itself. The game was designed for co-operative play and that is exactly what you get. Everything you do your partner whether its CPU or a friend online they will be there to help you. The graphics are amazing and the AI are very intellagent. 10/10
  22. LeeS.
    May 7, 2008
    Bought it for the PS3 and sold it to EB games a week later. The controls were very clunky and I had bad camera problems. It looks very good, but great graphics don't make a great game. I'll stick with Call of Duty 4. It does laps around army of 2.
  23. JasonTang
    Oct 1, 2008
    I have been playing this game with a friend for about a week now. I'm a guy used to playing FPS games on the PC, and thought it would be cool to try a split screen FPS with a friend.

This is the worst gaming experience I've ever had. I'm so frustrated that I had to write this. The controls make effective looking, aiming, grenade throwing, clunky and unsatisfying. I feel like a retard not being able to kill a moving target even at close range. I find myself running up to enemies to melee them because it's more enjoyable and efficient than aiming slowly, waiting for them to peek out of cover, and then shooting and taking off a little health, all while getting hit by 5 other guys shooting you with perfect aim.

The combat is tedious and repetitive. Every encounter is a game of manage the aggro because you can't really have satisfying FPS experience because it's too hard to aim with the stick. The co-op features feel gimmicky and doesn't add to gameplay. They are all scripted.

GTA IV wasn't bad because it had auto-aim. RE4 was great because it was well designed. This game tries to be cool but delivers a very frustrating experience.
    I have a nice PC so the graphics don't impress me at all. It does get 1 point for cool cinematics. All the guns sound the same. I don't think I will be trying a console FPS ever again.
  24. JeroenV.
    Mar 5, 2008
    The EA machine found a new way of milking us. Sell a game for full price, but use half the content as Downloadable Content, so you can charge much more for the game in total. Expect a game that only has 7hrs of gameplay and only 4 maps online. DLC is already confirmed for the game, and just as they did with NFS Pro Street, expect more maps on the PSN for which you'll have to play. The EA machine found a new way of milking us. Sell a game for full price, but use half the content as Downloadable Content, so you can charge much more for the game in total. Expect a game that only has 7hrs of gameplay and only 4 maps online. DLC is already confirmed for the game, and just as they did with NFS Pro Street, expect more maps on the PSN for which you'll have to play. Other than that, the game is nice and fun, specially with a friend sitting right next to you. Expand
  25. JeffA.
    Mar 9, 2008
    There was little publicity when Army of Two released. That's a shame as this game has "sleeper hit" written all over it. The graphics rival Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and the contrls are spot on. Partner A.I. (PAI) works very well which is crucial when playing this game alone. From using tactics on a constant basis, to non stop shooting this game has it all. It is violent and there is There was little publicity when Army of Two released. That's a shame as this game has "sleeper hit" written all over it. The graphics rival Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and the contrls are spot on. Partner A.I. (PAI) works very well which is crucial when playing this game alone. From using tactics on a constant basis, to non stop shooting this game has it all. It is violent and there is profanity. Not overdone but appropriate for the setting. Nice to see the ESRB didn't dumb this game down so gamers can enjoy this non stop thrillride. Minus two points for EA's servers which are buggy. EA needs to address this issue and patch it. Expand
  26. JasonE.
    Apr 16, 2008
    Just about a perfect game but the its a little too short.
  27. MarkA
    Apr 25, 2008
    Sloopy controls, graphics pretty weak. Tighten it up. (especially after playing cod4) RB6 V2 has a much more rewarding co-op experience due to the overall higher quality of the game world. Props for helping to grow what should be a standard feature in all future shooters. Looking forward to this being more properly realized in upcoming titles like R:FoM2.
  28. MohanK.
    Jun 7, 2008
    An absolutely fabulous game! Great graphics and game play. One brilliant game for a PS3 collection.
  29. DonM.
    Mar 15, 2008
    I had a lot of fun playing this game. As much fun as Uncharted but I thought Uncharted had a better story. Still, this has co-op which makes up for it. If you like action/shooters this will occupy some time. The game is pretty short but you'll want to play through again to unlock and use all the sweet weapons. Don't listen to David L., he obviously doesn't have anything I had a lot of fun playing this game. As much fun as Uncharted but I thought Uncharted had a better story. Still, this has co-op which makes up for it. If you like action/shooters this will occupy some time. The game is pretty short but you'll want to play through again to unlock and use all the sweet weapons. Don't listen to David L., he obviously doesn't have anything better to do than hate on PS3 owners. Leave us alone and play your 360, hater. I'm having fun with my PS3 so that's all that matters. Oh, and you can thank Sony when your 360 gets its Blu Ray update. Haha. Collapse
  30. ChrisH.
    Apr 21, 2008
    Bought, played and sold within a week. Seriously the worst game I have bought in years. I'm usually a cautious buyer, and thanks to this wake up call I will remain so in the future. Dull, repetitive and frankly boring. The characters are loud and unpleasant, one whiny, the other complaining at the state of the world whilst blowing big holes in everything. The add on mode in Splinter Bought, played and sold within a week. Seriously the worst game I have bought in years. I'm usually a cautious buyer, and thanks to this wake up call I will remain so in the future. Dull, repetitive and frankly boring. The characters are loud and unpleasant, one whiny, the other complaining at the state of the world whilst blowing big holes in everything. The add on mode in Splinter Cell chaos theory spies mode obliterated this pathetic effort and that was and add on mode on a last gen system game. Expand
  31. Dec 13, 2011
    This game has a good idea: A game that is designed for Co-op play. One problem here is that it isn't really fun to play (lacks gameplay,humor and is really repetitive). I tried with some friends I know but it stopped at few things: 1) Controls were hard to learn 2) Game is boring 3) There are better games out there. So I wouldn't recommend to play this with a friend who is unfamiliar withThis game has a good idea: A game that is designed for Co-op play. One problem here is that it isn't really fun to play (lacks gameplay,humor and is really repetitive). I tried with some friends I know but it stopped at few things: 1) Controls were hard to learn 2) Game is boring 3) There are better games out there. So I wouldn't recommend to play this with a friend who is unfamiliar with shooters. But the BIGGEST PROBLEM here is that when you buy this game you want co-op action. But this is only mediocre co-op actions - other games have a lot better and funnier co-op modes. You can try this game - but be warned - it can disappoint you. Expand
  32. Dec 17, 2013
    Great fun to play with a friend on the couch. The reason this game is so good because it doesn't have any competition. How many games can you play in couch co-op these day? How many off them are fun? And how many off them are actually meant to be played that way? This one does just that. The gameplay is actually just a gears of war clone, which is a good thing. Killing enemies feels moreGreat fun to play with a friend on the couch. The reason this game is so good because it doesn't have any competition. How many games can you play in couch co-op these day? How many off them are fun? And how many off them are actually meant to be played that way? This one does just that. The gameplay is actually just a gears of war clone, which is a good thing. Killing enemies feels more satisfying then it does in gears of war though. Expand
  33. Nov 21, 2012
    I agree with other critics, the game it's far too short, the controls are very easy to master and once you do, no one can stop you on your killing spree, the solo missions are awesome, the story it's great but they could have added more weapons and customization for the characters. I had like 3 hours of excellent action game.
  34. Aug 12, 2014
    The Army of Two is a fun game a good 3rd person shooter specially if you play with a friend the graphics are ok but the story is lucking and the game is short .When you play with a friend the game it is at its best you feel like you really co-op with someone. I recommend to buy this game with a friend so you can both have fun.

1. Army Of Two has even managed to innovate on a small scale - the non-magnetic cover system (which allows you to fire over and around walls without gluing you to them) makes combat feel fast and fluid, while the Aggro combat system (which draws the enemies towards the most dangerous player, making the other player effectively invisible) turns an MMORPG staple into a pretty effective combat mechanic.
    Army of Two is a dream come true for co-op enthusiasts. It doesn’t hit every note perfectly, but the campaign and team-based multiplayer modes are the perfect reasons to pester your old "Gears of War" buddy into picking it up.
  3. The missions are terrific, action-packed stages where something is always happening. More multiplayer maps would've been nice, and the challenge might be too much for rookies. Otherwise, these Two wholeheartedly entertain.