Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PlayStation 3

8.2

1. Nov 16, 2010
    it's an exemplary title and one that smacks of a developer at the peak of its game. From every piece of cover and set-piece thrown in fiendishly to catch you unaware, to the expertly crafted multiplayer maps and top quality cut scenes, it is clear that a innumerable amount of dedication and painstaking precision has been squeezed out of the team to help make this the PS3's crowning moment. 10
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    Each new title of the Assassin's Creed saga continues to amaze me. The breathtaking graphics and overall complexity of the game is stunning beyond belief. The deep plot and the new and brilliant multi-player game-play is outstanding and is the best I have ever seen. The thousands of man-hours on this amazing title has been more than worthwhile. In my opinion it is the best game on theEach new title of the Assassin's Creed saga continues to amaze me. The breathtaking graphics and overall complexity of the game is stunning beyond belief. The deep plot and the new and brilliant multi-player game-play is outstanding and is the best I have ever seen. The thousands of man-hours on this amazing title has been more than worthwhile. In my opinion it is the best game on the market and a must get title. Expand
  3. Sep 29, 2011
    After playing most of the single player campaign and spending some time on the multiplayer, I can safely say that Assassin's creed brotherhood is one of my favourite games this generation. Despite what many people say, I think the game is a huge improvement over the second installment. Perhaps most of the gameplay mechanics stayed afoot, but really there isn't one thing that the gameAfter playing most of the single player campaign and spending some time on the multiplayer, I can safely say that Assassin's creed brotherhood is one of my favourite games this generation. Despite what many people say, I think the game is a huge improvement over the second installment. Perhaps most of the gameplay mechanics stayed afoot, but really there isn't one thing that the game didn't improve. The graphics are simply better, mainly in the cutscenes, and the enviorment looks more vibrant. I think the best improvement was the fact that you now have one big city to explore, rather then 6 or 7 cities that look the same, and does not require many loading times and needless traveling. besides that, the story is more elegant and much more focused. I liked the fact that Ezio doesn't kill as much as he did in the second game. It seems there are more politics and interesting plot twists that the second game just lacked, and Ezio thinks abit more before he takes out the dagger(or gun, for that matter). Desmond's story is also more interesting, and while you don't see him most of the game, he seems to be more involved then last time. So after playing the amazing, brilliant, fun and improved singleplayer I started playing the multiplayer. To sum it up: It's preety damn good. It could use refinments though, because there are some balancing issues with the gameplay, but otherwise it's really engaging and really fun. I think it's a fantastic game that triumphs the first two games easily. With more things to do, a better focused story and better overall quality, AC:B is the assassin's creed game that AC:2 simply never was, for me. utterly Brilliant. Expand
  4. Jan 15, 2011
    this game is perfect in all aspects, the art, the music, the awesome history, the gameplay. everyone should play all 3 AC games ;)

by the way, i'm not a noob teenager who know nothing about good game, i have played game since 1991, so, i know what game is good for old school gamer like me.
  5. Jan 25, 2011
    This next instalment builds on the AC2, which in itself was a great game. The implementation of training a 'brotherhood' of assassins is a very beneficial addition to the game. The new multiplayer feature is surprisingly fun to play, which includes different modes and perks as you level up giving the game that extra longevity boost which lacked from its predecessors. Overall a top game inThis next instalment builds on the AC2, which in itself was a great game. The implementation of training a 'brotherhood' of assassins is a very beneficial addition to the game. The new multiplayer feature is surprisingly fun to play, which includes different modes and perks as you level up giving the game that extra longevity boost which lacked from its predecessors. Overall a top game in all aspects. Expand
  6. Feb 28, 2011
    Ubisoft have taken AC:2, and tweaked it ever so slightly. I would recommend this game if you want to follow the story of the game, as it progresses both the story of Ezio and Desmond in his life outside of the Animus. The game also does a good job of balancing the story as well as introducing new players to the series. One of the big positives of this game is the multiplayer, which isUbisoft have taken AC:2, and tweaked it ever so slightly. I would recommend this game if you want to follow the story of the game, as it progresses both the story of Ezio and Desmond in his life outside of the Animus. The game also does a good job of balancing the story as well as introducing new players to the series. One of the big positives of this game is the multiplayer, which is thoroughly entertaining and probably the most innovative of any game. The negatives of this game are that the gameplay is almost identical to the last game, and playing through the game can be repetitive and boring at times. My advice is, if you are new to the series or have played the first two games and needs to keep up with the Assassin's Creed storyline, then this game is for you. If you are looking for a completly new experience, look elsewhere. Expand
  7. Nov 25, 2010
    Well one would to describe Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; PERFECTED. Everything that AC2 had that wasn't perfect is now fixed, the only thing that I can say that is not perfect is the controls. Now don't get me wrong the controls in Brother aren't bad but some of the time they can make you jump or move somewhere you don't want to move or jump to . The big new feature is the online mode,Well one would to describe Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; PERFECTED. Everything that AC2 had that wasn't perfect is now fixed, the only thing that I can say that is not perfect is the controls. Now don't get me wrong the controls in Brother aren't bad but some of the time they can make you jump or move somewhere you don't want to move or jump to . The big new feature is the online mode, and I must say that is a TON of fun to play. It can get really intense at some moments and is a lot of fun with some friends.

All a round Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is a excellent game and in my opinion is a possible candidate for Game of the Year.
  8. Nov 28, 2010
    Fabulous. The Guild mechanic is awesome and easy. The combat is greatly improved and, well, the climbing is just the same. The story line is also amazing and really gripping and side quests are much cooler. Buy it. If you don't, you haven't lived.
  9. Nov 28, 2010
    At first site the game seems like only a Expansion , The first few minutes seems as if it is still Assassins Creed 2 . Upon the game getting deeper into the story you see that there is more to it ,it may seem like the same game but it is well worth every second of it this is by far my favorite game this year. From all the new weapons and story line new faces old faces the game is just AWESOME.
  10. Nov 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great game, to me even better then AC:2. However this time there is put more focus on the characterization which means you will learn more about characters, but less effort on the story which also means you will not know anything that you already know before. Game play is good like before but adding new features makes even better. The multiplier is something new and fresh but sometimes frustrating. And yes you need this game to complete your AC collection! Expand
  11. Nov 30, 2010
    This new chapter of Assassin's Creed simply improves on everything from the past game. The graphics a improved. The city of Rome is HUGE. There's tons of side missions and multiplayer! The single player campaign is long, but if have previously played through AC 1 and/or 2, then this will be no different.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who's a fan of the previous game and anyone who wants to experience an amazing single-player video game experience that plays out like a hollywood-style epic action movie.
  12. Nov 15, 2013
    My favorite AC game, at least as of right now. I don't have much experience with the series, I've only played the first two, but this is the first one to truly impress me. It manages to bypass the flaws of its predecessors and creates one of the best open world experiences I've had in a long time. I wouldn't recommend mistaking this for AC 2.5, all of the new changes make it so much moreMy favorite AC game, at least as of right now. I don't have much experience with the series, I've only played the first two, but this is the first one to truly impress me. It manages to bypass the flaws of its predecessors and creates one of the best open world experiences I've had in a long time. I wouldn't recommend mistaking this for AC 2.5, all of the new changes make it so much more than that. It might not have a 3 at the end of its title, but this is a game that you do not want to pass up, especially if you are a fan of the series.

Once again you step into the shoes of Ezio Auditore. Playing as Ezio is a much different experience than in AC 2. For one thing it's clear that he is older and more mature. As someone who didn't enjoy Ezio in AC 2 I have to say I'm impressed with how much they managed to change him and make him more likable. He no longer seems like an arrogant kid to me anymore. The story as a whole is just fantastic, whether you're playing as Ezio in the past or Desmond in the future. Despicable villains, mystery, and awesome moments make this my favorite AC plot yet. I can't even begin to describe how good this game looks. Ubisoft must have really taken their time to craft this gorgeous world.

Gameplay takes some noticeable strides forward, that make this game feel like an evolution on the work that has come before it. With an insane amount of side-content, multiplayer, and a excellent main quest, this game can keep you busy for a LONG time. The campaign is filled with awesome set-pieces and story reveals, but the best part of the game is just getting off of the beaten path and making you're own adventure. Completing numerous side-quests, rebuilding Rome, or just causing trouble for the guards there's always something to do when you're not focusing on the story missions. Liberating and rebuilding the city you are playing in is a fantastic new addition. As you begin to remove enemy presence in some areas you can begin to open up shops and rebuild things like broken waterways. Doing this grants you a steady flow of cash and really makes it feel like this is a living and breathing city that you are in control of. My favorite new addition is the ability to manage you're own assassin's guild. By recruiting around the city you can send your very own recruits on assassination missions or have them help you out in combat. Watching your recruits taking out a target that you told them to is a wonderful and beautiful sight to behold.

In another first for the series multiplayer makes an appearance and it is fantastic. Hunting down another player while being hunted makes for one super intense game of cat-and-mouse. It is unbelievably satisfying to pull off a kill on another player. To do so you are going to have to rely on a mix of stealth and cunning. Acting like the AI characters roaming to get close is helpful and it's great to see your hard work pay off. I fell a little frustrated that most players don't even bother using stealth, but rather would just run around the map with no regards to stealth, but it's no a deal breaker. This is still a fun and unique multiplayer game that I have no doubt you will find yourself coming back to again and again.

AC: Brotherhood is a fantastic game and one you should really consider getting. It has got some some issues like artificial barriers that block off portions of the map until later in the story, and the platforming and stealth can be a little iffy at times, but they aren't that annoying when compared to how much fun you can have with this title. If you've been following the series up to this point I would be shocked to find out that you didn't like this. If you're new to the series than this is a pretty good jumping on point. I recommend you start from the beginning to understand the whole story behind the games, but it is better to be late to the party than never show up at all. This is my favorite AC so far.
  13. Dec 19, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Once again, ezio and co returns with the new game Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, this time around ezio is trying to take down the borgia once and for all, recently the pope's son: Cesare Borgia, is trying to conquer italy, after returning from the vault, ezio travels back to monterriggioni with his uncle mario, then after doing a few things, *Transition* Modern Day Assassin Desmond and Lucy,Shaun and Rebecca are travelling to the villa to hide from Abstergo... The Modern Day Templars, after stopping at the front, the group needs to find a good place to set up the animus, after going through uncharted like caves and hallucinations, you find the sanctuary from the 2nd game, after setting up, you go find electricity around the villa, then after some cut scenes, then you go back to the animus, after ezio in the bath with caterina sforza, you get attacked, after battling your way through the various places, you then go to rome, the gameplay here still has the traditional Assassin's Creed, climb,assassinate etc, the content of this game is just massive, even though you don't get that great felling changing city, but the game makes up by adding side missions where you go around italy, where you help leonardo da vinci destroy his inventions, Repairing the villa was appreciated, but this time you repair an entire city! how about that, but at the start money is scarce and by the end you have a lot of money and excess things, that just makes more things to collect, from 10 feathers to 101 borgia flags and 6 things to collect for the best armor, the secret locations are easier but the 100% synchronization adds more challenge, this goes for the same with missions, another great thing is the Assassin Apprentice, you get your own guild, send them on missions, and send them out to kill guards or messengers or pickpocketers, the character was slightly disapointing because mostly the same and reused sounds, but other than that this game is amazing, i do have one criticism, the multiplayer is hard to get in matchmaking, theres either no one, half people who'll quit or its just my connection

Graphics: 8.5
    Sound: 9.0
    Gameplay: 9.0
    Lasting Appeal: 9.0
  14. Dec 25, 2010
    This game definitely surprised me. The Campaign is still great. The multiplayer is definitely unique. It never got repetitive or even dull. I found myself getting immersed in playing an assasin and blending in with the crowd. While running across rooftops and hunting down enemy assasins it was a totally unique gaming experience. I say screw Black Ops. ACB all the way!
  15. Jan 18, 2011
    one word : Breathtaking although that word is not enough to even eign describing it. it's an exemplary title and one that smacks of a developer at the peak of its game. From every piece of cover and set-piece thrown in fiendishly to catch you unaware, to the expertly crafted multiplayer maps and top quality cut scenes, it is clear that a innumerable amount of dedication and painstakingone word : Breathtaking although that word is not enough to even eign describing it. it's an exemplary title and one that smacks of a developer at the peak of its game. From every piece of cover and set-piece thrown in fiendishly to catch you unaware, to the expertly crafted multiplayer maps and top quality cut scenes, it is clear that a innumerable amount of dedication and painstaking precision has been squeezed out of the team to help make this the PS3's crowning moment. Expand
  16. Jan 22, 2011
    Assassins Creed: Brotherhood is defidently the best Assassins Creed yet. It fixes almost all the problems from previous titles, and gives you a great storyline. The single player is steller but the multiplayer is not quite as fun. You'll play it for a few hours and get bored and go back to your favorate mutiplayer game.
  17. Nov 8, 2011
    Excellent game, feels like a fluid journey from start to finish, the graphics are beautiful, the scope is immense and the character's feel real just like in all assassins creed games, the multiplayer takes a while but once you,ve got it its epic. Definitely a a must by!
  18. May 15, 2014
    A great continuation of AC:II, now set in a single level, rather than the typical smaller, multiple levels as the series has had up until now. Though, this single level - Rome is huge, and well designed, with a great sense of traditional, historical Italy.
    A much appreciated new feature of being able to ride horses within the town, means the travel is far more enjoyable than previous games, as while free-running across rooftops is great fun, after many many hours, being able to just ride the horse between two distant points is far more efficient and enjoyable.
    This is even more appreciated when you realise that, for reasons unknown, time limits have been added to many of the levels. In order to reach 100% synchronisation with the different missions, you must complete them within a few short minutes, and while this isn't too challenging, many levels involve a tomb-raider style climb and jump around various abandoned buildings, and if you fall, you will probably die.
    Another 'new feature' is Shop Quests, and 'items'. Personally I found these to be a nuisance and a 'cluttering' of the game. Instead of just getting money from chests, you will now also get random items, from minerals, to various fabrics. These are mostly useless, except for being able to complete a few shop quests.. which give you weapon and armor type unlocks, and honestly I found completely unnecessary for the rest of the game. There are far better to unlock with various side missions.
    This is still a fantastic game, and despite being a 'minor version' game release, is extremely large and feels like major game, with lots of plot development and character development.
  19. Feb 4, 2013
    This game is would be the greatest assassins creed if it wasn't for a few annoying design decisions. The game is essentially assassins creed 2.5 as its pretty much the same game but with a new location and a few new mechanics. The brotherhood aspect where you can call on assassins to come help you is great and a worthy inclusion and the fact the game is one large map of Rome make the gameThis game is would be the greatest assassins creed if it wasn't for a few annoying design decisions. The game is essentially assassins creed 2.5 as its pretty much the same game but with a new location and a few new mechanics. The brotherhood aspect where you can call on assassins to come help you is great and a worthy inclusion and the fact the game is one large map of Rome make the game feel more focused. The multiplayer is very fun and unique from your usual call of duty esque games especially with a few friends. Only problem is most of the problems with assassins creed 2 remain (which was few but still) and most frustratingly the game decides to do a metroid and start you off by losing all your equipment from AC 2 which is extremely annoying if you got used to being able to waste enemies easily with your dual hidden blades and scale buildings with ease. Other than that though it is a worthy sequel to one of my favorite PS3 games. Expand
  20. May 5, 2013
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Good Points:
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Good Points:
    +The Campaign is a little bit shorter, but it doesn't lose it's quality. The opening sequence is marvellous. For those who get bored, cut-scenes can now be passed. Horse riding inside the city. Combat has been facilitated, but not very much, so expert AC gamers won't bother. The Bank and rebuilding Rome, makes winning money much easier than before. The Crossbow is now available. The Animus program training is fun and will improve your stealth, combat and free running in the actual game. Graphics slightly improved, but improved in the end. Voice Acting excellent. Beautiful Soundtrack. Addition of optional objectives to synchronize the mission to a 100%, which for expert AC players, will be a ton of fun to do. Assassin recruitment. It really makes you feel like, like on the tittle says, you're in an actual Assassin Brotherhood. Present Day starts to get fun, while in this game, you have to do missions that require tracking things or free run through places. Multiplayer. It is very fun challenging yourself to be the greatest assassin, really helps the game maintain itself. The Ending. This ending is done perfectly and will be leaving you anxious to play the next in the franchise, to know what happens.
    Bad Points:
    Although Horse Riding is now available inside the city, it is not very well adapted to city obstacles, and sometimes, is frustrating. There is only 1 city, and after creating games which contained 4 or 5 cities, Rome feels small. You can't spur or gallop, and sometimes running, feels faster than the horse at "full speed". It feels like AC II remodelled, and not like a brand new game. There is almost no addition of secondary characters, just the old ones like Mario, Machiavelli, The Fox, and so on.
    Final Score:
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a nice addition to the Assassin's Creed Franchise, but it feels like a second AC 2. The Story is still strong but it feels like they're running out of material for Ezio. Average Score: 8.8
  21. Jun 12, 2013
    I enjoyed a lot of this game. The story is amazing and almost has big has the one from AC II. The characters are just amazing with a lot of personality especially your mentore Ezio Auitore. Still I found this game a bit boring after a while maybe because the mains missions and some side missions were always the same...the cutscenes are very good, still in this game there are a lot ofI enjoyed a lot of this game. The story is amazing and almost has big has the one from AC II. The characters are just amazing with a lot of personality especially your mentore Ezio Auitore. Still I found this game a bit boring after a while maybe because the mains missions and some side missions were always the same...the cutscenes are very good, still in this game there are a lot of collectibles, the battle system is the same as the previous game, so there's nothing to talk about that, the graphics are good and I love the building the city stuff, at a certain time I had a lot of money are no were to spend. This is an amazing game. Expand
  22. Aug 21, 2013
    this game was overall the best one so far, everything about this game was just absolutely mindblowing, the story was the best part about this game and gameplay ect was also really great
  23. Nov 19, 2013
    Ubisoft's great move on making like an expansion pack of a story into a large new engine and a new experience of a stealth action fighting game. Although they share large influence in AC2, they modify it with the 2010's engine, but the story itself requires like an Assassin's Creed 2 game, where it is a direct sequel, but they can addict the fans of assassin's creed by this game. This gameUbisoft's great move on making like an expansion pack of a story into a large new engine and a new experience of a stealth action fighting game. Although they share large influence in AC2, they modify it with the 2010's engine, but the story itself requires like an Assassin's Creed 2 game, where it is a direct sequel, but they can addict the fans of assassin's creed by this game. This game defines the meaning of assassin. Expand
  24. Nov 14, 2013
    This felt like an expansion to Assassins Creed II but it was still almost nearly perfect for my playstation 3 and I gave this game a 9.8 out of 10, it was still amazing.
  25. Jan 4, 2014
    10 OUT OF 10. For me, it's the best of the franchise, improved gameplay of the old AC titles, good ambientation, good characters, good history, and the Assassin outfit of this game is awesome.10.
  26. Aug 13, 2014
    This is an amazing game that's an improvement on every aspect over its predecessor (except the framerate which is the only real problem). The plot is much easier to follow, the missions are more fun and they've actually improved the graphics, particularly the lightning during dusk, sunset and night. The music is actually audible here and it's amazing. Free DLC is pretty short but fun, andThis is an amazing game that's an improvement on every aspect over its predecessor (except the framerate which is the only real problem). The plot is much easier to follow, the missions are more fun and they've actually improved the graphics, particularly the lightning during dusk, sunset and night. The music is actually audible here and it's amazing. Free DLC is pretty short but fun, and multiplayer is great (there are some server problems though). This beats AC 1 and 2 by a long margin and it's a must buy. Expand
  27. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 9.5 (rounded up to 10).

While it did feel like franchise milking when everybody heard about Brotherhood, there is no doubt that it is a polished, enjoyable, innovative product like its two predecessors. The story is once again the most important part of the experience, as it catches on straight after the second game. Ezio has just been contacted by the mysterious god from the First Civilisation and is bewildered by the events at play. After a rollicking first level and a cool title sequence, we are flung into Brotherhood. The next few adventures are stock standard tutorial, but after an intimate scene between Ezio and Caterina Sforza, things heat up, with a massive set piece that is unlike anything in AC history. Ezio's uncle Mario is killed and his family becomes dangerously close to death. The story is just as personal as it was in II and the new villain Cesare is a real dick. He embraces incest and is a real spoilt brat- in other words the perfect Renaissance villain and someone who wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Game of Thrones. Poor old Rodrigo doesn't get much screen time though, as his son is intent on taking all the glory.

This Assassin's Creed embraces spectacle with open arms, unlike it's brothers. Every mission feels unique and the assassinations are brilliant. Even the side missions are great, with well paced, challenging tomb exploration, entertaining tasks for the more evolved factions and brilliant heist set pieces where you must recover a machine for Da Vinci- these range from tanks to cannons and each one is awesome.

As would be guessed, the game is once again large (if not as big as the last one) and the open world is one of the most detailed in gaming. Even if it isn't massive, it feels alive and that is the main thing. With better free running, fast travel and horses, you can get around however you like. Combat is a lot better, even if it is now very easy du to the killstreaks and the new weapons are overpowered if good fun to play around with. The present day sections return, but rarely interrupt your game. The ending is also amazing, with a cliffhanger that leaves you breathless.

This entry has a large innovation int he form of competitive multiplayer. The modes are good fun and I had some great times with Wanted. The mode also has its own Abstergo focused story and this is intriguing, if slightly minimal in its uses. Overall, multiplayer is fun, but it feels slightly tacked on and doesn't really fit the tone of the game.

Brotherhood is a remarkable ride from the breathless beginning, to the deadly ending and i had a great time. Just don't expect too much out of multiplayer and get ready for a smaller open world and you'll hav a good time with the game.
  28. Nov 16, 2010
    Well got ACB and have to say,im impressed well done Ubisoft... The story is the best yet in the series (well up until where i am) the multiplayer is huge and keeps you hooked for many hours.. Ezio is expressed like never before,so is the multiplayer.. for the new side which is as everyone knows is the multiplayer- it just keeps you guessing and one wrong move will have you lying on theWell got ACB and have to say,im impressed well done Ubisoft... The story is the best yet in the series (well up until where i am) the multiplayer is huge and keeps you hooked for many hours.. Ezio is expressed like never before,so is the multiplayer.. for the new side which is as everyone knows is the multiplayer- it just keeps you guessing and one wrong move will have you lying on the floor dead.. The game is the best yet and can't yet for the next,Ubisoft really surprised me and hopefully the critic's!! I GIVE IT A 10/10!!!!!! Expand
  29. Mac
    Nov 16, 2010
    You have to get this game ! It's simply amazing ! Everything is improved and there is lots of new features ! A must have ! I definitely enjoyed everything about this game so far. It's just perfect !
  30. Nov 24, 2010
    I can't praise this game enough it's the closest I've seen a game get to art. It's a beautiful masterpiece and it's had me hooked since I bought it. Can safely say you will not regret investing in ACB can't wait for what ubisoft do next.

1. Jul 8, 2011
    Recommended to fans of the franchise and also to newcomers. While the single player campaign is entertaining and offers a lot of content, the multiplayer mode is only average. It's a nice goodie, nothing more. The atmosphere, the localization and the videos are pretty well done, which let the player forget time and play hours.
  2. Feb 25, 2011
    Assasssin's Creed: Brotherhood has great atmosphere, beautiful visuals, and overall excellent craftsmanship… Just don't expect anything new beyond the multiplayer.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 25, 2011
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is a more than a worthy addition to the series canon. The similar setting of renaissance Italy will trick folks into assuming this is a half-arsed expansion, but honestly, this feels like Assassin's Creed 2.99. Don't be fooled by Brotherhood's cunningly familiar disguise. Mark it as a fresh target, pounce and take it down. [January 2011 p66]