4.6

1. Apr 23, 2012
    When I played Bonfire of the Vanities I was already angry for ''being forced'' to buy this probably bad DLC by the surely bad Battle of Forli and its cliffhanger ending. Well, the good news is that this DLC pack is considerably better than the last. It has much more substance: it offers ten missions, three new Templar Lairs to explore and the Sprint Jump, which allows you to jump a lotWhen I played Bonfire of the Vanities I was already angry for ''being forced'' to buy this probably bad DLC by the surely bad Battle of Forli and its cliffhanger ending. Well, the good news is that this DLC pack is considerably better than the last. It has much more substance: it offers ten missions, three new Templar Lairs to explore and the Sprint Jump, which allows you to jump a lot farther; even if just in a single area of the game. The story is also better and has a great historical context; visiting an important event in the history of Italy. The missions are also more varied and creative. However, it still fells stupid that the object around which the story of the whole Assassin's Creed series revolves around, the Apple of Eden, is treated as such a common, lowly item in both DLC packs. It is stolen, retrieved, used as a bargain chip and carried around in people's pockets. Unexplainable. Expand

I wouldn't call Bonfire of the Vanities a must play, but there are certainly worse ways Assassin's fans could spend four bucks and a couple hours. This is a fun little side story that lets us kill a few more bad guys in Renaissance Italy.
  2. The first downloadable content (DLC) for Assassin's Creed 2 was anything but spectacular. Luckily round two fares a whole lot better. Bonfire of the Vanities shifts from the combat oriented nature of the first DLC towards more focus on stealth and assassinations. Successfully assassinating your targets using stealth techniques is rewarding and makes the content, although short, very enjoyable.
  3. The second expansion to Assassin's Creed II is better and longer than the first, but there's still a sense of a rip-off when these levels weren't included in the original game.