8.6

1. Oct 19, 2014
    Assassin's Creed II is the product of over two years of intensive development by the original creative team behind the Assassin's Creed brand. In a vast open world environment, the game invites players to incarnate Ezio, a privileged young noble in Renaissance Italy who's been betrayed by the rival ruling families of Italy. Ezio's subsequent quest for vengeance plunges players into an epic story that offers more variety in missions, surprising and engaging new gameplay elements, diverse weapons and a profound character progression that appeal to fans of the original Assassin's Creed as well as entice players new to the brand. Expand
  2. Oct 13, 2014
    Assassin's Creed II blows the original out of the water. The game-play mechanics have improved ten-fold (although there is still room for improvement), the music is nostalgic and the characters are actually likable. The narrative is far more gripping and interesting, offering a long, action packed murder spree!
    9/10 - Ben Hazelden
  3. Sep 27, 2014
    Not just satisfied at being the best Assassin's Creed game, Assassin's Creed II is one of the greatest games ever made. It's as if Ubisoft listened to everyone's complaints regarding the first Assassin's Creed and personally promised that they'd address them all. And what did we get? A sequel where everything comes together perfectly to form an exciting open-world adventure through 15th and 16th century Renaissance-era Italy.

Players control the charming Ezio Auditore da Firenze (literally right after birth) in a classic tale of revenge that ends up becoming much bigger than Ezio could ever have imagined, and while the plot doesn't have much of an emotional depth following some early familial developments, it introduces more than enough characters and beautiful locations to keep the player entirely interested, and the twists and turns the story takes are truly thrilling.

The game starts off at a leisurely pace, there's a few too many Assassination Contracts, and after playing later Assassin's Creed games, Ezio's somewhat slow climbing speed and the overblown combat system can at times feel slightly antiquated. Furthermore, Desmond's story feels both promising and yet pointless, but thankfully he can be mostly ignored. Aside from these issues, and perhaps some other very minor flaws that will affect individuals to differing extents, this game is without a doubt worth any gamer's time, even if they have no interest in the rest of the series.
  4. Sep 19, 2014
    Assassin's Creed II is near perfection; honestly. The only bad thing is the murky graphics, but that's the only problem. The game has a brilliant story, brilliant combat, brilliant open world and brilliant voice acting. There truly is a wealth of content here; assassin contracts to discovering The Truth, it will keep you entertained for hours on end. the story behind it is amazing, with fascinating, engaging and heart-wrenching scenes. I can sincerely promise you that you will never forget this game. I certainly did. Expand
  5. Aug 12, 2014
    Assassin's Creed II
    Game-play:A big improvement from the first game.Great faster climbing better combat system,and some stealth options that the first game lucked.
    Story:A great story that it will hold you about 14 hours full of great characters that matter to the story both friends or enemies
    Graphics:Very good graphics.The game looks amazing
    Notes:It's very easy,it has a lot of
    weapons and outfits,the cites that you visit in Italy are awesome,a masterpiece that everyone who whats to called gamer must have it Expand
  6. Aug 12, 2014
    Better than it's predecessor in every single way; tighter story, likeable protagonist, better locations and combat, and focuses on what the Assassin's Creed franchise should be about.
  7. Jul 30, 2014
    This is definitely a great game but unfortunately not completely-bug free on the PS3. Sound and music need more work (particularly dialogues are problematic, sometimes someone is talking and you hit them and their voices continue to play. Music is too silent and ambient). During the late game I had to assassinate someone and they just died on their own and I wasn't even in the area (this really annoyed me). Some stealth missions are too hard and I think some of them shouldn't even have been included in the game (this isn't Dishonore). Assassination contracts and Templars' Lair side-quests are fun, the rest not worth bothering with. Graphics are good but the framerate isn't terrific (not very surprising considering the game's performance on the PC). Overall a really nice game, I'd have rated it a 9 if they got some of the bugs ironed out. Expand
  8. Jul 9, 2014
    An awesome sequel to an already great game! The setting is amazing and feels truly alive, and Ezio is a pretty interesting main character, who "stumbles" into his role of legendary assassin. The cast of side characters is pretty good as well, especially the appearance of Leonardo DaVinci. The games takes what was good in the first part and improves it with upgradeable armor and weapons, more side weapons and even a second Hidden Blade!! AC2 is to this day my favorite in the series. Expand
  9. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 9.5 (rounded up to 10).

The second Assassin's Creed is where the series really hit its stride, evolving into something that could be churned out on an annual cycle. However, with a character like Ezio Auditore Da Firenze, this really isn't a bad thing (my username was inspired by him). The plot picks up right where the first left off, with an entertaining escape from the Abstergo base. As soon as you get into the Animus 2.0, there is a feeling that this game will feel completely different in tone to the last- and that isn't just because of some pretty new visuals.

As soon as we meet Ezio, he oozes charisma. The first level is standard tutorial, but you instantly fall in love with the characters. When Ezio finds out his dad's dark secret, things pick up like they never did in the first game. When Ezio watches his father and brothers die, I had a tear in my eye. This is a story of revenge, but the writing, pacing and action is so perfect that it doesn't feel cliched or predictable at all.

The gameplay has been rightfully improved, with better parkour and free running mechanics and more refined combat, with better, bigger enemy types. The multiple new weapons are badarse, with the double hidden blades being standout combat options. The new economy and money systems are in their early stages of design, but are refined enough to be enjoyable. Once again, there is plenty to do. The open world of Italy is larger than the original's Holy Land and is immaculately detailed. The graphics are spectacular. While the animation and character work is still brilliant, the city steals the show with sweeping architecture and multiple landmarks that are done justice in the Anvil engine. The soundtrack and acting is top notch and the controls fit like a glove.

If there is one downside to the game, it lacks a substantial amount of innovation. Combat still isn't as great as it could be and the stealth is slowly deteriorating. But, you will rarely care. With an excellent (if a little drawn out plot) and entertaining historical events, this is an almost perfect sequel to what was an iconic new IP for Ubisoft.
  10. May 15, 2014
    Often considered the best of the series, and it's easy to see why. An extremely deep and well-developed game with huge levels with variety and many hours of game-play and things to uncover. Many hidden things with great reward, amazing story and fun narrative.

The Italian-culture is well explored with beautiful scenery and history embedded into the game.
    The plot reveals are jaw
    dropping at times and unlike many other open-world games with exploitative levels, solving the extra puzzles and searching in hard-to-reach places, dramatically extends the plot and adds a real sense of challenge.

The biggest flaw with this game is the same as the previous game, the over-arching story with Desmond's capture is not explored well, and it treated purely as a plot device to launch you into the time-frame of the game.

At least the first game forced you of of the Animus to interact and learn about the capture and the reasoning. This game just throws you into the Animus, and there's really no need to ever come out of it, and the game will not force you out until the game's basically over. While this allows you to explore and live as Ezio, it means your connection to Desmond thins, and really ceases to be important until the end.
  11. May 12, 2014
    Released in 2009 and developed by Ubisoft Montreal, Assassin’s Creed II is a unique and compelling adventure through renaissance Italy, placing the protagonist at the front lines of history in a way that no game has ever done prior. It expands on the foundation laid down by its predecessor, improving on many different mechanics while remaining faithful to the formula. In this way, Assassin’s Creed II signifies what makes a true sequel, and does it exceptionally well. It certainly has a few loose wires in its system, but nothing that keeps it from being a wonderful experience that should not be missed.

Assassin’s Creed II is an inspiring success as a sequel, improving and expanding on nearly every aspect and mechanic of the first game, and adding plenty of new and meaningful features into a wonderful mix. It does this with an excellent story with plenty of characters, a good economic system, improved gameplay, a good amount of worthy optional-missions, fantastic cities and atmosphere, and a superb soundtrack. It does have some snags, such as slightly repetitious assassinations, some poorly designed side-activities, and combat that has remained clunky. But fortunately, the experience is not overwhelmingly hindered by those blights. Assassin’s Creed II is one of the most inspiring game experiences of its time, and Ezios quest for vengeance is one that you will not regret taking part in.

The Positive
    __________
    + Splendid story with plenty of characters
    + Various new and useful features and improvements
    + Most of the side missions are gratifying
    + Ambient cities and atmosphere
    + Superb soundtrack

The Negative
    ____________
    - Somewhat repetitious assassinations
    - Some side-activities are poorly designed
  12. Apr 5, 2014
    Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Having just moved from PS2 when first played it, it served me the best welcome to the (then) new generation. The graphics are superb, the game play is fun especially when you come down on targets with your twin blades and the cool blade sound is cued. Venice and Florence were the best looking cities but the Assassin's home-town was sort of pointless. Overall, 11/10
  13. Mar 23, 2014
    Not only a fantastic, beautiful, brilliant stealth/adventure game, but an accurate one. This game has helped me pass numerous tests I may have failed. I've toured the locations from the game, and seen their match up. My grandfather even, who had lived in two of the game's locations for years was given a controller and found that he could find real locations he knew of without the aid of a map, claiming it was like being back home. Even if not for gameplay, you've no reason not to touch the one and only perfect Assassin's Creed. Expand
  14. Mar 13, 2014
    Assassin's Creed II brings alot more to the table compared to it's predecessor.

It improves on any aspects of the game that were bringing down the first game, including getting rid of it's linear and repetitive questline. This brings more meaning and a much better and stronger story and main questline.

All other aspects from the previous game still remain and there's tons more stuff
    you can do whilst free-roaming.

Overall, it's a great open world adventure game that can keep you entertained for quite some time.
  15. Jan 5, 2014
    Best of the franchise! AC2 is almost perfect and there is no much boring missions (follow somebody and walk 30 minutes) like in Brotherhood and Revelations. Will not compare to newer AC's because after Revelations and starting with AC3 this game become unplayable and disgrace of the franchise.
  16. Jan 4, 2014
    I'd give this game a 9.5, but he had the best franchise history, a great evolution in graphics and gameplay of the first to him, but no better than the current titles (Assassin's III and IV) gameplay, but still deserves your respect.
  17. Dec 20, 2013
    This is the best last gen on PS3 for me. I never drunk in a game such deeply and enjoyably. I even platinumed it (I only have 3 games platinumed).
    What a classical experience when fleeting in midage Venice climbing on real Cathedrals listening to post romantic music which creates mystical atmosphere so ecstatic .
    The gameplay is very fruitful with lots of side missions many of which
    tightly are tied with the main stories as a whole, so you don't feel repetitive and bored of playing them.
    IMO, the graphics is just better than AC III and AC IV. The most respectful is they digitized a midage Venice where besides lots of real great historical architectures some of which I even visited. These architectures are all deliberately digitized.
    In addition, Ezio is one of my favorite game characters. He just reminds me of Al Pacino in The Godfather.
    AC II is a pure antique.
  18. Dec 11, 2013
    I thought this game was supposed to involve some sort of stealth? That's how the y promoted it. Or at least some strategy. How I played it? The easiest way off course. I just went to the guy that needed to be killed. Stood in the crowd and waited for everyone to attack me. Then I simple countered everything with one button untill everyone is killed and run away. Yeey mission cleared!
    That
    being said, walking, running, climbing in this game is amazing, the game looks great and there is appeal. It's just the gameplay that's lacking.
    Improved over the first? yes, the first AC was to much off the same, this one adds much needed variety. But because there's not much change, I've had more fun with the first.
  19. Dec 3, 2013
    AC2 is without a doubt the best AC game till date. The story, the environment and the game play was the best i have played in a long time. The game takes you on a journey and one feels that he is part of that era. That's what games should be like.
  20. Nov 19, 2013
    Jugabilidad: Impresionante como puedes manejar todo tipo de armas con total facilidad, montar a caballo, construir tu villa y todo tipo de cosas. Tecnologia:Todo bien aunque en algunas armas como en la final del papa o el fruto del eden un poco mitologico. Graficos: la recreacion de las ciudades es pasmosa asi como la expresividad de la gente Sonido: uno de los mejores doblajes al castellano que he oido, con actores de primera fila. La musica mola. Innovacion:Hay un proyecto de Leonardo Da Vinci que no me gusta, no porque sea mala si no porque se romperia Expand
  21. Nov 16, 2013
    Definitely the best game in the series, it took all the good things from the first game and perfected them. Many new features were also added such as random non-story related quests and challenges throughout cities and rural areas. The classic Assassin's Creed combination of real historic figures and fiction also works great. I would recommend this game to anyone. You'll get a fair share of fast action, conspiracies, slowly progressing story elements, or whatever else you might like. This game truly has it all. Expand
  22. Nov 14, 2013
    Once again Assassins Creed II delivers on being one of the best new franchises from Ubisoft. I give this title a 10 out of 10 and it was played on the playstation 3.
  23. Sep 28, 2013
    Esta vez encarnamos a Ezio en un viaje todavía más original que su predecesor. La historia se hace todavía más compleja, eso es un punto fuerte del juego, ya que disfrutar de una buena jugabilidad, ambientación, gráficos y entre otras cualidades hacen de Assassin's Creed II un juego formidable digno de ser jugado.
  24. Aug 21, 2013
    overall this game is a 10/10 must play, the gameplay is good, graphics are good, and everything about this game is brilliant defiantly one of my top 10 greatest games I have ever played in my life, and to those that think differently you're CRAZY!
  25. Aug 17, 2013
    8.6 out of 10 (rounded off to 9).

Huge improvement to the first one. They fixed the issues and made the missions much more varying and fun. Finding collectibles feels rewarding and the environments are much more fun to explore.

I still find the gameplay repetitive at times, the whole control-scheme still needs a bit more polish and the new inventory- and shop-system feels clunky. For
    example, once you've purchased a new armor, you instantly equip it and the only way to equip another armor again is to gallop all the way back to your mansion. But over-all, I must give it to the Ubisoft Montreal studio, they've really made a huge improvement in their relatively new series. Expand
  26. Jun 19, 2013
    Sweet game! Definite improvement over the AC 1 and a must-play.

Graphics are stunning and the environments are extremely realistic when I went to Italy and visited the cities that were in the game, I was like, "Whoa! These buildings and landmarks actually look exactly like what I saw in the game!!!" and that was really cool. So one of the biggest highpoints is the detail put into
    making the cities come alive, and you do spend almost all your time in the cities so it was a good call to really focus on making them more immersive.

While some of the gameplay does get blatantly repetitive at times (only reason why it's not a 10), this is still a great open-world/sandbox game with a lot of different weapons and techniques to try out as the game progresses and a healthy amount of side missions to keep you busy if you don't want to continue the main plot just yet. I loved the whole upgrading system for your city and decorating/improving your villa was fun. Moneymaking was really easy this way and I was raking in the dough halfway through the game, and financial security even in a game is important. heh

I thought the story was really interesting, and the way it played into actual historical events was fantastic. The characters were all well done too, with great voice acting, and it's interesting to see how the web of relationships goes along. Not too much interaction and depth beyond cutscenes for the NPC characters though.
  27. Jun 19, 2013
    It's hard to hate Ezio. He is one of the best character ever created. And he lives in the best Assassin's Creed game there is. This improves everything about the 1st one. The combat, the stealth, the story, the location everything. To me and many other it is a masterpiece.
  28. Jun 18, 2013
    Assassin's Creed II shows how much a game can drastically change in setting and gameplay. Ubisoft has created a world that is bigger they could have ever hoped for and should be lauded for they're accomplishment.

29. Jun 13, 2013
    This is without a doubt the best Assassin's Creed game! Its got a great story, great characters, and a great setting! If you're a fan of history or just action/adventure games you should definitely give this one a go!
  30. May 29, 2013
    This technically impressive and beautifully realized world is ultimately bogged down by mediocre implementation and design of actual gameplay features. The combat system is fundamentally broken in the player's favor (press button to win), the free-running is serviceable but requires little player input (hold buttons to win), main missions are repetitive and uninventive (kill that guy, follow this guy, chase this guy, find x10 of this item), most side missions are reskinned versions of story missions.

Voice acting is decent and the main character has some depth. That said, the game throws a lot of side characters into the mix, and they never really get fleshed out. Over all, I found the story to be a load of disconnected New Age mumbo-jumbo nonsense which is a shame considering the potential of a setting as rich and beautiful as Renaissance Italy.

Now let's get to some positives; like I said, the game's world is absolutely beautiful and it's hard to not get immersed in it with all the somewhat "historically accurate" information the game offers. It also runs at a fairly stable framerate throughout, screen tearing is not too bad and the draw distance is very impressive. Bottom line: If you're into video games that actually require skill and timing and despise the influence Hollywood has over AAA-titles, then this game is probably not for you. "Counter kill" ad nauseum.
  31. May 25, 2013
    After playing the first Assassin's creed and loving its gameplay and story I had to get the follow up to see what happened. I was shocked at how much better this is over the original the story is even more interesting and Ezio is an awesome character. This has probably the best story of all the AC games and the gameplay is improved aswell. Free running is better, combat is better, stealth is better and the environments are better. Oh and you can now swim!!! The graphics are also awesome, one of the best games you can get Expand
  32. May 3, 2013
    Loved this game. Was very much like actively participating in an epic movie. Really liked how the camera auto adjusted during game play and found the controls logical and simple to coordinate.
    Only thing that I had big issues with was the gun weapon was impossible to aim, but from what I can tell this was a glitch in my game and not many others.
    Other than that, this game made me a big
    fan of the Assassins Creed story and I was eagerly left waiting for more. Expand
  33. May 3, 2013
    AC II is the best game of the entire Assassin's Creed franchise and an example of improvement from the first game. The characters have an amazing personality and Ezio in very well put in the story it doesn't looks like he was forced in to the story. The story is just amazing and the best part is visiting this amazing cities of Italy. The game play is very fluid and easy to handle. The combat system is brilliant both armed and unarmed. It has some glitches but nothing special. Expand
  34. Apr 13, 2013
    Assassin’s Creed II. Good Points:
    ● The addition of new gameplay elements such as, swimming, driving boat, so etcetera... ●Combat, it has improved a lot than its predecessor, having more variety like picking an enemy's weapon from the floor and use it, or dodge an enemy attacks and with counter-attacks you don't have to be so precise in the moment you do it. Variety in the missions, you
    don't have to only kill your target in this game, it changes a lot. You maybe have to follow him, or wait until the exact moment to kill him, or maybe pursue him/she. The Length and quality of the campaign, it is a long game and not linear so you always want to know what comes next. The character, Ezio Auditore da Firenze. He's very likeable, he's a strong and bad-ass when he wants, but he also has his soft side. The recreation of The Rinascita of Italy. Side missions and objectives, which were not present in the previous game. Such as races with the horse, or doing parkour. Assassinating different objectives and collecting different objects for rewards in the game, or trophies. Graphics. Variety of weapons and wide inventory.
    BAD POINTS:
    ● Still can't get with the horse into the city. Present day didn't improve, it's still VERY boring. Stealth is okay, but many would prefer a face to face battle.
    Final score:
    Assassin's Creed II is an amazing game which accomplished almost all the things the previous wanted to do, but there are a lot of things that can be improved but they're not very important. Average Score: 9.4
  35. Mar 20, 2013
    Beatiful Story, and character most of all. It has very good graphics and gameplay is fun. It is the best in the series, and i would tell people that are interested in the AC franchise, to read what the first one was about, and play this first.
  36. Feb 4, 2013
    This game is probably the most improved sequel outside of Just cause 2 ever, almost everything the original game failed at this game succeeds massively with. The combat is far better and the missions are varied. The story is so much better as instead of playing as a faceless assassin like in the first game, you're a charming Italian guy who injects a much needed sense of humor into the game. The environments are more varied and much nicer than the original and the fantastic parkour remains fun. The soundtrack is also very well done and even memorable at times. The game is also very lengthy taking hours upon hours to do everything. Only problem is the best strategy in combat is still to keep countering and blocking constantly and two of the 14 sequences are DLC which is a bit unfair. Other than that though It's a fantastic sequel and great game. Expand
  37. Jan 19, 2013
    I love the platforming, open world, graphics, characters, customization. So why give this a 6? Well one of the key things that this game relies on is combat. And the combat is so poor compared to other games that it can drag the whole experience down. It could as well be a turn taking combat system.
  38. Jan 10, 2013
    This game is probably the best historical adveture game to date. A wonderful re-imagining of history while still being true to the time and place in which the game takes place. The cities are marvelously realized and interactive. You feel like you are actually walking the streets of Florence and Venice. Beyond the look, the gameplay is varied yet easy to pick up. The story is compelling and the main character is likeable while still a badass.

A great improvement over the already excellent "Assassin's Creed"
  39. Jan 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better and improved. Not the graphics though. The only thing that disappoint me. Is funny how the first Assassin's Creed had better graphics than the second one. However, in the middle of the game (close to the end) the story made me felt like it skipped something important and not enough explanation. Also, the ending is too easy. Punches some random assassin looking guy and then cutscene. I was not expecting to have a boss fight so soon, (Cant even say its boss fight since its so easy...) like i said, i felt like there r not enough explanation even though i fully understand the game. I was expecting more like the......classic assassin way? (i dont know, having a hidden blade fight or at least something like that.) Expand
  40. Dec 15, 2012
    AMAZING. It's safe to say that you can play this game from start to finish without a break. You can almost never run out of activities to do with all of the side missions and the open world gameplay is great. Awesome storyline and a fantastic main character who never gets boring. This is definatly one of the best games I've ever played.........Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
  41. Dec 11, 2012
    after playing the first one I wasn't expecting much, but knew this one got some good reviews and knew there had to have been a reason. I started playing and this one really took of. But unlike the first one that after taking off landed rather quickly this one continued to fly. I more involved in the story, I enjoyed the characters and finding different object in the map to complete different objectives. I enjoyed the cities and thought that this game corrected everything and really pushed the open world game forward. I loved the combat as I enjoyed it in the first game and am looking forward to playing the next one in the series. Expand
  42. Nov 30, 2012
    The fuss is right. ACII delivers! Set in several beautiful Italian cities during Renessaince, it features a rich boy Ezio that's popular with the ladies and leads a great life. The story slowly but surely expands, and as it does, you get more and more sucked into it. It's a nearly perfect game - the difficulty is right, there are a lot of things to do, and the only problem is when AC stops being AC and tries to be Tomb Raider: running around caves, setting off contraptions, having limited time to jump through hoops in order to get to hidden door. That feels a bit unoriginal, especially to those who have played all those Tomb Raiders through the 90s... But as soon as you get to run on the rooftops again, and the weather is changing above your head, and you hear city life down below, it's all good, and that's a world worth spending time in. Expand
  43. Nov 21, 2012
    I had days and days of fun with this game, for those who love the free roaming games like me, you are going to have a lot of fun jumping from building, diving into the river and jumping into enemies from hiding, it takes a while to get used to the controls but it's not impossible. Beautiful backgrounds, sounds and voice acting. AI could been better and story it's hard to follow since you have the natural flow of the game plus two or three parallel stories to follow. Expand
  44. Nov 18, 2012
    I'm not trying to be biased towards this game, but it just does so many things wrong. The games graphics and sound are insane, and it's well polished too. But the story is hard to follow, I barely knew how he got back in time and who the characters are. The controls are confusing but it holds your hand all the way through, the mission structure is overall pretty boring, the combat is a bit twitchy in my opinion, and the game is really easy. Expand
  45. Oct 30, 2012
    Better than AC 1 but still not that much fun to play. Gameplay is just too boring and repetitive.
  46. Oct 21, 2012
    Personally i prefer the original but that doesn't mean that this is not good as well. Maybe it was because of the historical location. I think that the middle age of AC1 was better retracted than the renaissance of AC2. In spite of these minor details it's always satisfying to play the AC series. It's a reference of this generation's gaming.
  47. Sep 6, 2012
    What a beautiful game. I think it is at the top of my favorite games list. I start playing and playing and playing and playing........ I played Assassin's Creed 1 but AC 2 is much much much better in graphics, game play , storyline and everything. Thanks to Ubisoft for such a awesome game.
  48. Aug 13, 2012
    With It's outstanding gameplay, exiting story and flawless body animations, Assassin's Creed 2 is one of the most exiting gaming experience ever. This game is a terrific historic video-game that will grow on you. What Assassin's Creed 2 needs is a better AI. Like, when guards are on water, they die immediately. And the creators could work more in cinematic animations, Still, this game is a must have. 93 out of 100. Expand
  49. Jul 28, 2012
    The first Assassin's creed game was fun but needed improvement in order to be anything more than just decent. When I heard the how the flaws were fixed in this sequel (mainly that it wasn't as repetitive) I had slightly higher expectations about this one, but still held off on buying it at the full price. All I have to say is I really hated this game. The story which I found to be truly unique and enjoyable about the first one failed to interest me in any way. And I didn't like Ezio anywhere near as much as Altair. The controls are somehow clumsier, less responsive, and more awkward than it's predecessor. The large amount of content it has is sad because I found that the game was either tedious or boring, and dragged on for way to long. Combat still sucks, actually it may be worse. And honestly it's just nowhere near as good as the first game. I may still play the other games in the series just to see of there's any improvement, but honestly even if I do they'll be low on my to play list. I hated the game and wouldn't suggest it to any gamer alive. Pass this one over. Expand
  50. Jul 18, 2012
    Quite argueablly my favorite game of all-time. ACll offers you a look inside a young Italian boy's sad and tradgic life and man is it a ride! The game makes you feel as if you were Ezio Auditorie and I easily got into the story so much that during Ezio's time in the vault i was yelling out questions a minerva! But long story short if your looking for fun, excitment, beauty, story telling its all there and mix's for somthing special! Expand
  51. Jul 9, 2012
    Wow! This game is such a huge improvement on the first one. Basically, this game is everything that you were thirsty for out of the original Assassin's Creed. With improved movement control and a much quicker-paced storyline, this game is near perfect.
  52. Jun 12, 2012
    Ubisoft is back with more Assassin ass-kicking goodness. This time, we are put in the world of the Italian Renaissance with our favourite assassin, Ezio! The gameplay has improved, the characters are much more relatable, the story is solid, and everything flows as nicely as the rivers in Venice. HIGHLY recommend.
  53. May 18, 2012
    played this a while back, but I remember this to be a great game. It definitely was more diverse than the first game(gun, flying, etc). I did find the game kind of repetitive, but just stick to the story line, missions and you'll have a good time. There isn't much to do after beating the game though, as if you kill civilians for fun, you'll desynchronize or whatever. A solid 80.
  54. Apr 22, 2012
    This is a sequel to a great game and has improved so that there is amazing point of comparison.
    In AC II left the story of Altair and Ezio are introduced Auditore di Firenze, and taken to Aniums 2.0, which creates an "excuse" to add new features to the Animus, like talking to people abroad without having to leave the animus.
    This is the highlight of AC to date, marked by a charismatic
    character, and the best narrative of the entire series. This game is approaching perfection. Expand
  55. Apr 16, 2012
    Assassin's Creed II is a game that differs from most, It has a incredible storyline that is set in Italy in the 15th and 16th Century. It has very advanced combat and a lot of different fighting techniques as well as the ability to climb up practically anything. There are many side missions you can do to keep you entertained to earn Florins (Florentine Currency) There are many shops where you can purchase such things as weapons, paintings and treasure maps. If you enjoy open world adventure, than this is the game for you. Expand
  56. Apr 10, 2012
    Assassin's Creed II builds on the foundations of it's predecessor well. The graphics are beautiful and the scenic Italian locales combine for eye-popping vistas. The new climbing-puzzle 'dungeons' are a great addition, as are the more involved story-lines and ability to swim (or use a gondola). Where the game fails to stand up to the original title is in the assassinations themselves. The first game gave you the freedom to do whatever you wanted. It simply gave you the target and the tools to get the job done. This game insists on pushing you down a more linear, scripted path. You HAVE to climb this part of the wall. You HAVE to remain undetected. You HAVE to use a specific weapon... I really don't appreciate that change and it limited the impact of the game. That failing aside, Assassin's Creed is a descent sequel and a good template for subsequent games to improve upon. Expand
  57. Apr 7, 2012
    This Is one of the greatest games I have ever played!
    The campaign is 20 hours long,which is immense compared to other Ac Games.
    The gameplay is fantastic, stabbing people has never been this much fun in any other game.
    The story is also written fantastically, credit to the writers at Ubisoft.
    NOBODY should miss this masterpiece.
  58. Apr 5, 2012
    Great game. I love the open world and the control feels great. Climbing and jumping on rooftops is a blast. The missions are pretty interesting, but many are a bit too easy due to the dumbed down A.I. enemies. I wish they made the enemies more aware and "smarter". Sometimes it's a bit too easy to sneak up on guys without them seeing your or hearing you - when it comes to stealth games, I want complete realism, like in the Hitman games. I want relentless, unforgiving A.I. enemies that force me to really think and strategize my attack. Expand
  59. Mar 22, 2012
    Superior to the original in every way, I think this is one of the best improved sequels ever made. Combat is better, climbing is better, characters are amazingly more memorable. Music is stunningly beautiful. It does get a bit repetitive at times as a few missions are repeated. On a whole it reminded me of Sly Cooper (slightly worse) with its climbing and stealth focus with good characters and a fine plot. I really enjoyed this game. 9/10 from me. Expand
  60. Mar 22, 2012
    Now this is how you do it. Assassin's Creed II takes everything that worked for it's predecessor (and it wasn't much) and changes everything that didn't. Most mechanics remains the same with the addition of some tweaks to it (like the double hidden blades). Combat and climbing are also familiar, but the similarities end there. Assassin's Creed II introduces great characters mixed in interesting, compelling stories both inside and outside the Animus. There are many more possibilities and a ton of things to do, including side-missions, collectibles and developing your character and his headquarters. This game succeeds where it's predecessor failed: it is a game fun to play from start to finish. Expand
  61. Mar 18, 2012
    This game did not disappoint, the amount of effort that Ubisoft has put in to create this game has paid off, Assassin's Creed 2 is brilliant. Most of its quality is inside the animus and not in what's happening in the present day but still both sides of its engaging and interesting story are well executed. Renaissance Italy is brought to life beautifully in this game and watching Ezio jump and climb all over these historical landmarks is a thing of beauty. Visually its meant to be taken in as a whole because when you get up close on characters and objects things do look pretty ugly but you can mostly forgive that for how the game looks as a whole. The freerunning gameplay is very fun but doesn't always work the way you need it to. This game is definitely not flawless and I wasn't surprised that it didn't win game of the year but I wasn't surprised that it was nominated. I would highly recommend this game to most types of gamers. Expand
  62. Mar 18, 2012
    I could go on for hours in terms of how Assassin's Creed II improves and expands upon it's predecessor in terms of gameplay, combat, visuals, and overall presentation. All of these elements have been perfected and make Assassin's Creed II one of the best games in the open world genre. What makes Assassin's Creed II the king, however, is it's narrative, which introduces one of the most likable characters in videogame history and brings the player on an emotional journey as he transforms from a boy into an Assassin both in the past and present. It's emotional, thrilling, and breathtaking. One of the industry's best games. Expand
  63. Feb 20, 2012
    Assassin's Creed II is among the top PS3 games there are. Graphics in the beautiful cities of this game, gameplay and music are brilliant in this game. The story is good with a twist and you have to love the characters here. The enviroment is the best thing is this game and it's fantastic to experience this in a game. There is plenty to do in side missions, which could be a little repetitive but they're enough fun to accomplish for most players. There are few flaws in this game of which maybe the biggest one is that it's so scripted that very few will start a second playthrough. Also no multiplayer and repetitiveness gives it a little minus. However, it's a damn fine game to buy. Expand
  64. Feb 5, 2012
    Si te gusto el demo, es decir el AC 1, el juego completo o como le llamaron Assassins Creed II, es una buena opcion mezclando elementos utilizados por el Prince of Persia pero con situaciones historicas de por medio, hacen de AC II, un juego a tomar en cuenta, de los 4 que han salido este seria el que deberias comprar primero
  65. Jan 17, 2012
    This was my first Assassin's Creed game and it's what got me hooked onto the franchise. The variety of game play was astounding and definitively a improvement upon the first. However, visually I felt this game was a downgrade from the first. The way Ezio draws and sheaths his sword was clunky, his robe acts like it's made of plastic (there's not much sway to give the illusion of an actual robe like the first game), and flamboyant dress of Ezio (with the unnecessary cape) makes him stick out like a sore thumb in a crowd of NPCs. Small details like this may seem dismissive but for me it gives me a sense in the quality of the game and how much time developer's spend on it to improve the tiniest details. Though it is superior to the first game but feel the developers took a backseat approach detail and quality wise in making a environment that was as less believable than first Assassin's game. Expand
  66. Dec 29, 2011
    This game is great, specially the storyline. They create a great bound between the player and the character. The graphics are awesome, the sound is very good, the gameplay is diversed and is not repetitive. The only thing I didn't like was the whole city-travelling thing. It's a very good game overall, I'd give it a 8,5 if I could. I'll give it 9 only because it seems unfair to give it an 8.
  67. Dec 9, 2011
    I loved this game. A great follow up to the first game with some great additions. I liked the story in this one a little more and it also has a ton o fun side missions. Can't wait to play the next one.
  68. Dec 3, 2011
    This game was honestly terrible. I played the first one and the 2nd and i honestly DON'T want to play the 3rd. Yes this game was MUCH better than the first. but its boring repetitive and simply too long. In the beginning the first missions took too long and they were very boring. once the game really started and ezio got his suit the game took off and was fun. the story was forgettable and boring. it felt like i was just doing boring poorly laid out missions for no specific reason and a very loosely connected plot. Sure the fighting is fun but it gets VERY boring VERY quickly. Instead of fighting guards i would run away from them, and the game was too easy, i could just order some guys too do all my work for me. I actually had to FORCE myself to keep playing until the end. the ending felt forced, like it had to end that way to have another game and the whole time i was just bored as hell. The mission near the end when you had to get all of the codex pages was terrible. it resulted in me riding my horse across Italy for 20 minutes BORED OUT OF MY MIND!!!!! i don't even think this game was that long, i believe it was 12-15 hours which isn't long but it felt long, (and i play LoZ games, those are LOOOOOONG) overall this game was during hours 2-5. the rest was crap. Expand
  69. Nov 29, 2011
    This game is a must buy, in my opinion the best in the series. The story is so interesting and good its crazy. The combat is pretty fun but does get repetitive. The way you can climb up stuff is so fun and the open world id amazing.
  70. Nov 26, 2011
    Assassin's Creed II improves on almost everything that was bad about the first game. Gameplay, especially parkour and variation, is much more fleshed out and improved. The story is also given improvement, explaining a lot more, developing the characters more, and giving us a new assassin ancestor to play as. Ezio Auditore da Firenze is, in my opinion, a big improvement over Altair ibn al-Ahad, who was never given much development, he was just there to be a cool assassin and kill. We live through Ezio's life, going from a brash and energetic teenager, to a wise and skilled assassin, making us truly care for him and play through to see what happens next. Cut-scenes are now actual cut-scenes, the theme and feel of Renaissance Italy is matched to perfection, and we also see development in Desmond and his situation. The only thing they failed to improve was the replay value of it, assassin contracts are still rather repetitive, killing guards can grow to be a bore (although not at first), and multiplayer is nonexistent. Even so though, this game is still a great improvement over the first game, but if you just didn't like the gameplay of the original, then this series won't be changing your mind. Expand
  71. Nov 15, 2011
    this is such an amazing game that even after playing for more than 40 hours you would be hard pressed to put down the controller because of its addicting nature. Completing different quests never get old and the majesty of being an Assassin keeps the fun going.
  72. Nov 8, 2011
    Definitivamente una mejora con respecto a la entrega anterior, la historia te introduce más en la sociedad de los Assassins y no solo eso si no que las variedades de movimientos y también la variedad de misiones mejora mucho la experiencia con respecto a la anterior entrega. Una segunda entrega que no peca por existir.
  73. Oct 19, 2011
    Great game, a huge improvement over Assassin's Creed in every way.
  74. Oct 19, 2011
    Really fun game which starts off right where the first one ended. The difference between Assassin's Creed I and II is night and day. More variety, more context, better game play, better story, better cities, better characters, etc... I really enjoyed playing this game and following the story. I love a good game that has a great story to tell, one that you get caught up in and think about even when you're not playing. If you hated the first one, you should definitely give this one a try. Expand
  75. Oct 16, 2011
    The first game was terrible, but this was leagues better than the first although its still not perfect, there are repetitive bits, and the games combat is way too easy, other than that the game play, music, voice acting and environment graphics are very good although the character graphics were not on par with the settings visuals.A truly excellent game 9/10
  76. Oct 13, 2011
    The first Assassins Creed was pretty impressive, with great ideas and concepts which were ruined by the repetitiveness , however Ubisoft found a way of making the gameplay much more varied, and definitely more exciting. This is a true sequel with around 18 hours of singleplayer and tons of sidemissions and diversions. One of the best games of 2009.
  77. Aug 29, 2011
    Simply best of the Assassin's Creed franchise. It gives you more features for your enjoyment such as dying your armor colors, buying a different selection of weapons, etc. The story itself is great, the 'future' gameplay is still boring rubbish though, it just ends up feeding you the story after jumping around for a while. The city design is overall well done, all the main cities look practically identical though. The combat is much better but is still a bit clunky, the animations are great. There is a flaw with the AI system, it doesn't even have one, they just react to certain actions you do, nothing more. It's overall a great game, it's better played on console as well. If you loved or hated Assassins Creed 1 you should give 2 a try. Expand
  78. Aug 3, 2011
    My favourite game of all time. Having spent years being pretty much dis-interested with games I played AC2 and instantly loved it. It got me back into gaming and I've never stopped since. Since then I've been through classics like Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 2, batman, God of war 3, Red Ded Redemption, L.A. Noir, Portal 2, to name but a few.... Yet I none of those have matched my enjoyment of AC2. the gameplay is a joy, the story is wonderful, Ezio is a great character and the feel of 15th century Italy is tangible. If you play call of duty every day then avoid this like the plague. If you like to get immersed in a game and an atmosphere then this is an aboslute must. Expand
  79. Jul 30, 2011
    Generally good game. Graphics were really good and the gameplay was amazing. My only problems were the fact that you couldn't replay missions and the camera could sometimes get annoying.
  80. Jul 29, 2011
    this game is absoulutly breath taking it has amazing graphics an interesting story line which is also pretty long as well. after playing this game it made me want to go outside and just start climbing stuff the way ezio does and this game is also a great way to learn about italian history if you read the facts that they have collected. the only problem i had with this game was i usually got frustrated with the fact that often times when i want ezio to do something he would do something compleatly different or try to climb or jump off of something in the wrong direction especially in the tombs but other than that the game is simply amazing Expand
  81. Jul 15, 2011
    Assassin's Creed 2 is one of the best games out there. The story is interesting, compelling and is sure to keep an history fan fascinated, the gameplay is awesome with some great new features which will give an AC fan a happy face. The graphics are spot on, looking at The Duomo di Firenze at 1080p is beautiful. The Cuts Scenes are a big step up and you really feel for the character Ezio. And the soundtrack is one of the bests i have ever listen to. This game is truly great Expand
  82. Jul 8, 2011
    I got this game almost a year ago and this is the best game Ubisoft has to offer! Unlike the first AC, ACII fixes the problems with the first game. Gone are the repetitive missions and gone is the confusing story. Instead we get a best explanation of the story and the gameplay is much more varied and fun. The assassinations are more fun to execute and I like the choice of 15th century Italy rather than the Crusades. This game is amazing and you'll want to check this game out after playing the original AC. Expand
  83. Jun 28, 2011
    After picking this game up for a ridiculous price I couldn't believe i'd forgotten just how spectacular Assassin's Creed 2 is. The first game was an interesting and in many ways inspiring idea but ultimately a huge disapointment and initially I can recall avoiding this game, how stupid was I? Everything that was lacklustrous and poor about the original is simply non-existent in this successor. Gameplay is so much smoother and has a much more natural feel to things. The simplicity in this game just wasn't what it was its predecessor, its more flowing and much less frustrating. Also, the variety on offer compared to the first outing is superb! Theres much more to do and so much things to explore and theres new toold and weapons to keep you satisfied it is truely remarkable how much of an improvement this game is. The storyline is the game sees you switch from Altair to Ezio, an Assassin this time however the game is set in Italy. The game follows Ezio Auditore de Firenze who seeks revenge on all those who have betrayed him and his family however he soon uncovers that his families deaths are part of a much larger conspiracy. Ezio's journey will take you to several different locations in Renaissance Italy and you even get to know Leonardo da Vinci! But the storyline isn't all you can do, theres side missions including assassin contracts and races. Yes at times its reptitive but the majority of games fall victim to that but even so its not so reptitive it becomes dull and boring! Visually the game looks great, its not the best on offer but that is irrelevant in all honesty! Theres no multiplayer with AC2 but there really is no need. Not every game requires online to be a success and AC2 is certainly in that category. The bottom line is at the price this game is selling for for those who haven't yet played it you really ought to do yourself a favour and buy it! Its possibly the most improved game Ive ever played because the AC franchise came back bigger, bolder and better, a hell of a lot better, so much so that now the Assassins Creed franchise is up their with the best and rightly so! One of the best games of recent times make no mistake AC2 is a game you should play. Expand
  84. May 26, 2011
    AC2 shows some true beauty in this generation. The fact you can get a game like this, with a lot of AAA greatness oozing from in for $30 bucks or less. Probably for less than dinner out with your favorite dining companion you can enjoy over 30 hours of gameplay if you dig into AC2 as your next meal. That's how I came across AC2. I despised the first game, which was more or less a tryout of next-gen hardware at the time. The original featured a bland story, somewhat disappointing graphics despite being lauded, and worst of all repetitive game design. The latter is something I think developers battle in any game. Every game has repetition, and every game has certain confines limited by it's own design. Life itself has repetition, but for some reason it's something we want disguised in the form of "fun" when it comes to gaming. Super Mario Bros. on the NES had tremendous amounts of repetition and it's still fun to run through all the familiar levels. No one really complained upon it's release or ever, that the levels are all basically built around the same premise. Personally for this meta-reviewer, games like GTAIV do a poor job of this and I find myself yawning as I strain to finish the same errand missions over and over. AC2 manages to make it feel as if the player is stumbling upon more than just the plot. The discoverable items in the game just kind of fall into your way without much effort. If you want to 100% the game, however, it's going to/ take some serious dedication. The main point here is that none of the scavenging is really required nor does it detract from the meat of the game. Something I hope they expand in the future (I haven't played Brotherhood) is the village monetary system. It was the one thing I searched out during my play through. Every item you purchase including weapons, clothes, paintings, and other collectibles all translate into improvements for your home villa. It's a fun way to express historically, how traded technology and wares would equate to value for parts of the world engaged in trading. The more you trade/buy at other locations the more income you'll receive. Soon Ezio is in the mint receiving some fat pay checks after every 20 minutes of the game clock goes by. This in turn frees you up to scour the world for treasure or just let it be and wait until pay day. The narrative itself is the driving force of this game. Things start off slow explaining the background of the Aldetorre family, Italian culture, and a bit of history. The latter of which takes more of a forefront than it ever did before. Using the "animus" matrix style jack in and time travel method of the first game Ezio is fed knowledge on historical landmarks, people, and dynasties from a team of people in the "real" world. The interface is very well done, and blends easily into the game. While linear, the narrative takes you from place to place with ease and has you exploring the tourist spots of Italy centuries ago; Venice, Rome, Florence... And they're all done with believable style and form, so much so you feel as if you're actually trekking around a replica of historic Italy. The brisk story and colorful characters draw you in with solid acting and one mission to the next. It never gets stale or repetitive, even doing similar tasks you never feel like you're forced to cover the exact same ground all the time. As the first game suffered from a lack of polish, AC2 stands greater than the sum of its parts.Everything comes together here in a package worth far more than today's asking price. If you skipped Assassin's Creed II like I did when it first came out, you can now visit Italy for less than the price of dinner. Expand
  85. Mar 24, 2011
    A much better story than the first one. However, the combat is not as fluid as AC1 causing me to have to flee a lot more than I would have if I was still Auditore. Still the graphics and artwork is stunning and history is fascinating enough to keep me amazed at the work put into this game. The acting is top notch this time around from the main character. My problem with this game is that the story drags along at the worst rate, and I hate scavenger hunts (whether they are flags or feathers), but I especially detest them when they are part of the plot line. I admit, I cheated on line to finish that portion of the game. Expand
  86. Mar 13, 2011
    The first Assassin's creed was a very interesting game. It had its faults but it also had a very unique plot that made me wanna finish the game and see what happens in the end. Assassin's creed 2 is a huge improvment over the first in some ereas but in others I felt AC1 was better , specifically in the story department. The free running is basically the same in the second game, and although it is very fun to run across Italian towns from one rooftop to the other there are issues that can sometimes become really annoying. In some of the times the game automatically makes Ezio jump to a completly wrong direction causing you to fall to your death. The combat, though still a bit shallow, has improved by much so now you have tons of new different weapons with special finishing moves that add more variety to the action. The game is also longer then the first( 15-20 hours of story missions). The story however is a little overdone for my taste. The ''conspiracy'' stuff wasn't clear at all and it seems the developers want you to get intriqued and curious about things they don't even know themselves. Ezio is a weaker character then Altair in my opinion. The plot is all over the place and new characters come out of nowhere. Ezio is just way too powerfull for a regular guy. how he had become an assassin ubisoft doesn't show. Altair felt like a true assassin that was raised years to become what he was. Ezio becomes a master assassin in practically a year. Overall if you liked the first game you will also like the second. The game is very fun, it looks great, the story is still overall good and there is plenty of replay value. Expand
  87. Mar 13, 2011
    They took everything that I hated about the original and threw it away, and everything they added was great. I just wish the movement and climbing was as smooth as the Uncharted games. I know that is difficult to pull off in a "sand-box" environment, but I hate climbing 7 stories just to jump off to my death at the very end.
  88. Feb 22, 2011
    Assassins Creed 2 is a generally beautiful sandbox third person action game. The architecture is wonderful, the story is cleverly integrated (though Desmond's section of the game is largely pointless, he wants to be an assassain, but when does he ever use his skills to full effect?) and the animations for the stealth kills are as impressive and brutal as ever. Unfortunately AC2 stumbles graphically, looking very dated at times with constant screen tearing and draw in problems becoming annoyances. Also the missions are rather boring as well, Ezio will usually be helping with numerous problems in exchange for tracking down and killing key templar leaders. Luckly there is more to do in AC2 but the majority of what you will do is probably going to be left sparingly. It's not fair to call AC2 a disappointment, due to the richness crafted from its gameplay and narrative but it's hard not to be disappointed with leftover problems from the original AC and the mainly boring missions, but hey at least each mission gives us more narrative intrigue right? Expand
  89. Jan 28, 2011
    This is a great historic adventure game filled to the brim with brilliant combat both armed and unarmed, great stealthy kills and most important of all it has a gripping, intense, exciting story! Why a 9 if its that good? Well, for the simple reason that you'll start killing guards, even when you don't feel like playing, the counter move is maybe a little to overpowered an when you jump into the water the guards stop following you. If only it had a little bit more of artificial intelligence, Assassin's Creed II, would be an extremely excellent game.
    But other than that the spectacular free-running, the great combat system and the well voice-acted story turn into one of the best games on PS3 and a definitely enhanced version of Assassin's Creed. A must play for every serious gamer who owns a PS3.
  90. Jan 26, 2011
    I played this game and I'm not impressed. It drew me in at first but then I found myself just slogging through it. The game looks great and plays technically well but it moves very slow and it all gets boring. The missions are just go here, kill this man. Go there, kill that man. And sometime in between, pick up nic nacs scattered about Italy. This game is not as good as it wants to be.
  91. Jan 5, 2011
    In comparison with the original, AC2 is a prodigious game. Scaling buildings sometimes didn't transmute well even with the ostensible improvement over AC1, albeit overall by itself, a good game nonetheless.

One-hundred-percenting -- which also happens to be my only platinum at the moment -- was reasonable in difficulty, in turn making it rewarding to procure the last two trophies.
  92. Dec 24, 2010
    Amazing Game, really fun, also it's story is the main driver of the game. It's in-depth and is very intriguing. I love this game so much I'm gonna pre order the 3rd. One of the best story driven games I've ever played. If there is something that could improve would be a difficulty setting of some sort or a longer game. The game is pretty short all in all. Other than that it's amazing
  93. Dec 18, 2010
    Assassin's Creed 2 is one of the most amazing games I have ever played. With a brilliant, complex and meaningful storyline, amazing interaction with the surrounding world and stunning graphics this is one of Ubisoft's greatest master pieces. It really seams as if you are back in the Italian Renaissance.
  94. Dec 13, 2010
    Assassin's Creed II is a great game, but its not without its faults. The story of Ezio is thrilling, and the locations and characters are fantastic. However, the combat is overly simple and lacks depth. With an improved combat system ACII would have been an instant classic and worthy of a 10/10. In saying that its still one of the best looking games on the PS3 and will give you hours of quality entertainment. Expand
  95. Dec 4, 2010
    Assassin's creed 2 is the sequel to the upseting assassin's creed so should we think any better of it and the answer is Hell Yeah. Assassin's creed 2 is a better game over all with a deep stroy of italian assassin Ezio Auditore and his tale of revenge but a better story isnt the only reason why this game is awesome. assassins creed 2 adds new features to the series by giving you new tools for assassinating your targets along with a better free running experience and better gameplay over all, now everything is smoother and more fun in fact there is so much to do that it turns from about a 15 hour game to about a 20 hour game or even more. the game is so well done i actually felt sad when i was finished with it i just wish the game was a bit longer but then again thats why they mad brotherhood isn't it. i cant simplify this enough if you dont have or had assassins creed 2 the time to act is now go to the store and buy this ubisoft masterpiece Expand
  96. Nov 28, 2010
    Its great. apart from the lackluster combat its the second* best game youl ever play. EVER.The climbings amazing and theres plenty of replay value. the story is solid and you cant stop playing it.

*to assassin's creed brotherhood
  97. Nov 26, 2010
    Most of us means, that a sequel to a game is not as good as the first one, or even bad... But I think that Assassin's Creed 2 is a HUGE upgrade from the first game (which sucked). The minigames makes the game extremely long and varied, the fights works alot better, the weapons are awesome, it's cool that Leonardo Da Vinci is in the game etc. I could continue with the good things! The only bad thing about the came is, that the free-run still needs some work. So I'll give it 9/10. Expand
  98. Nov 22, 2010
    Bought this game on sale 9 months after release - 12,99 eur complete edition. First I tried to play but just couldn't go on 'cause game sucked heavily. Later on I gave it a second go and got addicted. With over 50 hours of game-play and platinum trophy unlocked (yey!) that was money well spent. And I got refunded amount of 19,99 euros in trade for LBP 2.
  99. Nov 19, 2010
    Nothing new to deliver.
    They just fixed some glitches, the combat system still makes wanna through the controller.
    Overall, Same all same as AC1. Boring.
  100. Nov 8, 2010
    This game was very entertaining to play and is one of the few that I could be bothered to stick with long enough to land the platinum trophy. The story is great, the renditions of Renaissance Italy are fantastic, and there are some really cool elements to the gameplay. My biggest issue with the game is the terrible combat...it just feels clunky and basically ends up as button mashing, even though there is some potential for strategy. There isn't much challenge in the game, although in this case it doesn't detract from the overall experience. I found some of the puzzles kind of hard, not because of the puzzle difficulty but because if you are playing this game on a smaller standard def tv some of the tiny pictures and text can be tough. This could be used as an excuse to by a 60" 1080p tv though, so maybe that isn't such a bad thing. In my ideal gaming world, they would take the elements of Infamous that were great (the fluid scalability of the environment and action) and mix it with the great story and enhanced realism of ACII. After playing Infamous ACII feels slow and sluggish to respond, but ACII undoubtedly had a better story and more diverse missions. Overall, this is a really good game that could have been great. Maybe Ubisoft will continue to refine the gameplay and make AC: Brotherhood the game that this one COULD have been. Expand
  101. Oct 2, 2010
    Probably the best game i've played, ever. The story is interesting and complex, the gameplay is brilliant (fixed every bad thing from the first game) and the graphics make you feel like you're really in 1500 and in Italy. Amazing.

1. The sequel has arguably changed for the better in just about every conceivable way...Assassin's Creed II truly offers an experience like no other, one that mixes history and brutality to sheer perfection. And it's absolutely massive. [Holiday 2009, p.38]
  2. [Games are] about delivering a world that you want to invest your time in, full of characters you can have an emotional connection with, and Assassin's Creed II does that almost perfectly. [Dec 2009, p.102]
  3. Assassin's Creed II is such an improvement compared to its predecessor that it feels like a completely new game, rather than just a sequel. The varied missions really shine and the narrative is very effective, in all it's Forrest Gump-esque glory. Despite the quite slow start, Ezios adventures in beautiful Florence and Venice both look and feel amazing, and are well worth experiencing to the very end.