6.9

1. Dec 12, 2014
    I wanted to love this game but I couldn't. I first watched it being played from a friend and found it very long and boring. I only bought it when Black Flag was released and realized I couldn't continue the series without playing all of it, so I picked this up and tried to play the main sequence as fast as possible to avoid having to deal with the rest of the game.
  2. Dec 9, 2014
    While the series as a whole continues to be one of my all-time favorites, this particular title was a real stinker. So much so that I sold my copy back to a game store (which was the first time I had done that with a game that I'd finished).

Beyond the glitches which crippled gameplay and pissed me off endlessly (leaving me screaming angrily at the screen as Connor fell through the world for the umpteeth time), the game simply was lacking. The story was generally uninteresting and skipped around in a way that made it very difficult to follow. The protagonist, Connor, was a whiny jerk and whenever I saw more of his "development," the less I wanted to play as him. His father was a much more compelling character to play as, and his section was clearly very much a gimmick to make players yell "OMG!" Some missions were fun, and it was cool to see beloved historical figures, but the game failed to do interesting things with them. The Desmond section of the story was the least compelling in the series when I should have been desperate to get back to him based on where previous titles had led. The conclusion of the game-- for both Connor and Desmond-- was just awful. It was boring, confusing, and frustrating, not living up to any expectations set in the past. None of the games have exactly had the best endings, but this was the worst of the lot.

The fighting wasn't particularly impressive, either. In my playing, I tried to use other weapons but everything besides the hidden blade and the tomahawk were clunky. The naval combat, which ended up resulting in a much better game (IV) later, was unwieldy. The allied assassin stuff should have been awesome but ended up being confusing and less fun than in Brotherhood and Revelations. The crafting and trading and the homestead were all done in a way that sucked all the fun out, while previous games' iterations of those concepts used to be enjoyable. Honestly, this is the most skippable game in the main AC series, and I've told several friends to not waste their time.
  3. Nov 25, 2014
    This Assassins Creed game is different than the others, this set in the America's independence, and make a revolution of the genre, it have one of the best history's i have ever seen in a video game, the game play is very cool and the mechanic its very surprisingly good.
  4. Nov 18, 2014
    AC3 is the last chance the franchise had to reach the quality of Brotherhood once again , and it failed. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but it should have been released like a year later than it was: it's absolutely RIDDLED with glitches, crashes (my PS3 hang completely three or four times during critical tasks/missions), freezes and control issues. In fact they could probably haveAC3 is the last chance the franchise had to reach the quality of Brotherhood once again , and it failed. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but it should have been released like a year later than it was: it's absolutely RIDDLED with glitches, crashes (my PS3 hang completely three or four times during critical tasks/missions), freezes and control issues. In fact they could probably have skipped AC Revelations to work on the bugs in this one and wrap the series up with a great title, but no. Add to these the unsatisfactory ending (if you would call it an ending)...

When I say glitches, it's either the kind of things that pull you out of the experience (like NPCs disappearing during missions, entire battles being skipped because the assassination target fell on the water (5 years and NPCs still can't swim), characters speaking in cutscenes without their mouths moving or vice versa, repetitive sounds/banter etc) or the kind of things that make you want to throw the controller at the screen (for example in one naval mission it wouldn't let me use the swivels or "brace" to avoid damage. I restarted it twice and it worked). One of the latter is the weird control issues you'll encounter when you try to walk in a straight line when there are crates to the sides: Connor would rather jump from crate to crate than just run a straight line. It'll take you a while to figure out that things are much easier if you don't press the X button (something that should have been emphasized since it contradicts with the previous games).

But it's hard to stay mad at AC3. Cause aside from the story missions there's a ton of things to do and see in New York and Boston (or even the countryside). There's a shipload of side missions , naval missions, assassination contracts, help out poor people and tons of other stuff. Ubisoft did a great job here and did not repeat the mistake it made in Reveleations.

As far as the plot is concerned, on the one hand AC3 has an captivating story to tell, on the other hand the main Desmond/Abstergo/End-of-the-world storyline has no satisfactory ending. Then again, it was a mess since the beginning, so perhaps that's no surprise. Oh, and I should mention that, if you're the type that never reads/watches walkthroughs on principle then you're screwed, because solving the three "power source" puzzles (you have to if you're gonna watch the final cutscenes) will probably take you a year. Another poor choice on Ubisoft's part.

On to the graphics, my mind is blown. These are the best graphics I've ever seen in a PS3 game to date. The framerate is actually better than Revelation's. Threre are occasional freeze-ups but it only happened 6 or 7 times during gameplay.

Overall good game, definitely worth a buy now but you won't be thrilled. It could have been better. Unfortunately I couldn't play the DLC, because the disc was imported in Asia and apparently I'd have to live there to play it. Bummer.
  5. Nov 8, 2014
    This is the first Assassin's Creed game I've bought, and it probably will be the last. While I liked the time period and the concept of the Assassins, I spent most of my time running the wrong tree to progress the game, waiting for other sections of the free roam map to load, and trying to understand cutscenes that don't make much sense. I really don't think it lived up to the trailer.This is the first Assassin's Creed game I've bought, and it probably will be the last. While I liked the time period and the concept of the Assassins, I spent most of my time running the wrong tree to progress the game, waiting for other sections of the free roam map to load, and trying to understand cutscenes that don't make much sense. I really don't think it lived up to the trailer. Otherwise the graphics were beautiful and I liked the concept of assassinating targets, but I really don't think it's worth it. Expand
  6. Oct 31, 2014
    WTF is this game about ? I was running in forest and hunting some animals, then some city, the game has no charizma and is very very boring, i dont understand the guys who play this game. ubisoft I dont like U.
  7. Oct 19, 2014
    Pursue your enemies through 1775 America in an ever-changing environment. From the legendary battlefields of Lexington and Concord and the bustling streets of Boston and New York, to the snow-covered Appalachian wilderness, you’ll wage war in a stunningly mutable environment. Whether you’re tracking your quarry’s blood trail through fresh snow, or taking advantage of driving winds andPursue your enemies through 1775 America in an ever-changing environment. From the legendary battlefields of Lexington and Concord and the bustling streets of Boston and New York, to the snow-covered Appalachian wilderness, you’ll wage war in a stunningly mutable environment. Whether you’re tracking your quarry’s blood trail through fresh snow, or taking advantage of driving winds and thick fog to hide your attack, liberty is on the line, so unleash your killing power in Assassin's Creed 3. Expand
  8. Oct 13, 2014
    Not a bad game, but is a disappointment once more with a weak and pungent story-line. Game-play has improved since Revelations, and the graphics are very appealing, however this game was hyped beyond it's borders.
    6/10 - Ben Hazelden
  9. Sep 20, 2014
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
  10. Sep 12, 2014
    I liked the first one at the time, very disappointed with the second one while it remains the favorite of a lot of fans, did not expect too much with Assassin's creed III and I was extremely surprised. The game is less repetitive, exploring woods and going at sea feels great, the story is excellent, I loved it.
  11. Aug 13, 2014
    Assassin's Creed III
    Game-play:It has been improved with more fluid combat and better climbing but there are some glitches that are really annoying,the counter mechanic is very well made and makes the game fun but it also makes the game very easy,the best part of the game is the ship battles which are well made and really fun
    Story:A good story that it will take you 11 to 12 hours but
    Assassin's Creed III
    Story:A good story that it will take you 11 to 12 hours but the characters in the game are boring even Connor the only interesting character in the game is Haytham,but the story out side the animus is better than ever
    Graphics:At last we have an improvement at graphics which they are really good
    Notes:The game has a lot of weapons like bow and tomahawk which is fun to play,i like that the game has 2 cities and a big forest it was really fun to play there,most of the side missions are well made and fun,i recommend getting this game worth full price but it is still far from the AC2
  12. Jul 17, 2014
    If you played the first assassins creed games do not expect this one to come anywhere close to living up to them. Nothing about this game can be said to live up to the previous games except maybe the graphics. The free-running is bad, they've definitely gone backwards there (riding a horse is even worse, to the point that it's better just to run most of the time even though it takesIf you played the first assassins creed games do not expect this one to come anywhere close to living up to them. Nothing about this game can be said to live up to the previous games except maybe the graphics. The free-running is bad, they've definitely gone backwards there (riding a horse is even worse, to the point that it's better just to run most of the time even though it takes longer), fighting is boring and never ending if you ever end up fighting guards near areas they're walking (new ones keep showing up, I had the ground in a large circle around me completely covered in guard corpses before I finally just ran away), the characters kind of suck and it feels like the game is more than half cinematics. The only thing they added that was at all positive is the ability to pet random animals which is entertaining for a few seconds at least. In short the game is aggravating and just plain bad but in respect to its predecessors I can't convince myself to stop playing in the hopes that eventually it will get something right. Expand
  13. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Here it is- the reason that we play Assassin's Creed. The grand end to Desmond's arc and the most advanced entry since II. The Ezio trilogy is finished, after two great, if uninnovative spin offs. Revelations began to show cracks in the once pristine formula of AC, but now that formula has been renewed for more entries from the most popular historic action game in our industry. I just want to add one more thing before I get into the meat of the review- screw you haters. Those who give this game 0s and 1s. Sure, it's buggy, but so is the critically acclaimed Skyrim and I had more problems with that than this (stupid crashes). Lack of innovation? What do you call advanced combat, parkour, crafting, economy... This list goes on. Now that I've ranted, let's talk.

Once again, the story is remarkable. It kicks off with Desmond, who gets a nice slice of content in this game. I was actually looking forward to the present day sections this time around and even if numerous glitches arise throughout his four main adventures, I still loved his greater focus on stealth and the story is nowhere near as confusing as it was in Revelations (first person puzzles are absent thank god!). Over in the Animus, the real action kicks off with Haytham Kenway. The main gameplay mechanics are experienced through him and while his section feels like a 3 hour tutorial, the story telling is remarkable and builds up to a killer final act that ends in a killer twist. Fast forward a few years and we're with Rahok- no I'm not even gonna try pronouncing his name. It's pronounced Rah-ha-doo-n-a-gay-doo and he is the main protagonist. We stick with him for the rest of the game, but the first three hours are spent playing as him in his youth. He later changes his name to the more pronouncable Connor Kenway and embarks on an epic quest to free America and bring justice. So no redemption or revenge themes, but something completely different. NIce! He is a little bland and one dimensional, but this change is welcome after three games with Ezio. The ending on both sides is suitable. Connor has a little bit more resolution to his conclusion, while Desmond leaves us with more questions... but at least they are new!

Gameplay wise, this takes plenty of leaps forward. Stealth is back, with new hiding places, the ability to take cover and plenty of cool takedowns. Combat is more offensive, with attacking placed over defending. Dual Takedowns are spectacular and brutal. Parkour is a whole lot more advanced, with vaulting, crawling and tree climbing introduced to great effect. The brotherhood mechanics are highly refined with multiple useful objects and a highly advanced crafting and trading system will confuse you at first, before making you realise how great this game is. A dynamic weather system, hunting and more variation in environments are three things that help this game to stand out and the graphics are amazing with the Anvil Next Engine. The new Homestead is full of distractions and will suck you in for hours.

Along with the main campaign, there are plenty of collectibles and side missions, with naval gameplay a new feature that will amaze you. It's deep and advanced, the water is lifelike and while you only take to the wheel in missions, there is a sense of freedom to be had. And the action is remarkable! In fact, this is probably the most explosive Assassin's Creed, with plenty of set pieces and great moments. Multiplayer returns as well, with new coop and customisation features that make it a bit more of an attractive feature. It is only natural for assassins to team up...

In the end the game does have plenty of bugs and not even three years of work can cover these. But I didn't have too many problems and the pros far outweighed the cons. This is a brilliant game and one of my favourite games of all time. It also helps that it is the perfect jumping on point for people new to the series, with the new character and recap being great for new fans. If you have any intention of buying ACIII, don't wait- get it immediately!
  14. Jun 17, 2014
    This is often considered the Worst of the series by many, though mostly because the other games are so great.
    Personally I disagree, I found Revelations a far weaker game than AC3.
    Personally I disagree, I found Revelations a far weaker game than AC3.

First and foremost this game is a Red Dead Redemption clone, and a decent one at that. The atmosphere is pretty similar, and with the mix of cities it feels similar enough to an Assassins Creed game to fit in.
    However this game is as loosely an Assassin's Creed game as you can get. There's no Creed, you're barely an Assassin, everything you remember from the previous games has been changed. From the controls to the Atmosphere. From the scenery, to the feel of the characters.
    At first I was unhappy about the control scheme, but it wasn't until I read a random unimportant email from the Animus that it was explained that as this is an upgraded Animus, things have been "fixed". After hours of play, the controls are pretty much an easier configuration to accomplish what you were able to before. My biggest issue with AC1 was the messy way in which the High Profile and Low Profile controls were explained, while every other Assassins Creed game beautifully eased players into the control methodology.
    The Red Dead Redemption-like atmosphere sucked me in, it was a game I liked a lot, and I found the AC3 story more engaging than the RDR 'story' (more like sparse dialog exchanges).
    The scenery was nice, however there are far too many animation and texture glitches in this game. I mean there's a lot. At one point I even saw a horse-drawn carriage flip upside down- get slowly sucked into the ground in a hellish and horrifying jerking motion, before the horses screamed and the whole thing descended beneath the ground. If that wasn't frightening enough, it suddenly reappeared and zoomed through a building, where I chased it only to fall infinitely through the ground.
    Glitches I experienced range from character arms disappearing and bodies flickering - like all the time (not just animus effects) to in-game cut scenes where giant grass-land textures collapsed in a domino fashion as the main character walked off camera (that one was right at the end of the homestead missions and spoiled any emotional draw the mission created).

Honestly, I found the characters to be very one-dimensional, and while I didn't dislike the main characters, found that I cared little about their arch's (if you can say they had any), nor felt like I knew their personalities very well.

The crafting system is poor, and while I hated Revelations' Bomb crafting system. At least it felt as if it served function (despite me only ever feeling like I needed to use the bombs in one mission which I was forced to use them), the crafting system in AC3 can be completely ignored, and is really poorly explained in the game, with a terrible interface.
    Function of currency is mostly unnecessary in this game, as opposed to others, and makes the game feel slightly more like the original. I found that after accumulating £10,000s I realised I never had to spend a penny until I wanted to complete the ship missions.
    Chase missions are more quick-time event than before, and the large-scale tomb raider type puzzle missions are gone.
    All Assassin Recruit/Assasination Contract stuff from the last couple of games is less centralised and less worthwhile. All guard distraction features (such as prostitutes and vigilantes have been replaced by 'rioters', however I never found a use for these as there's no one that you need to distract. Your presence will constantly go high, and bribing heralds and such will only buy you a short while before something causes another mass chase, and like the last few games, hiding spots are mostly useless once you're detected, so you just have to start killing or running.
    The ship missions are another mini game that they've tried to introduce, akin to the Assassins Defence sub-game missions, but while these are unique enough to be interesting, they're vastly underdeveloped, with most missions being completable in a couple of minutes. All the ship missions are very easy, right until you get to having to battle "man-of-war" frigates which were my only reason to ever spend money in the game, just to upgrade the weaponry of the ship.

The history/landmark element of Assassins' Creed is pretty reduced in number 3, so aside from the main story, sense of history feels greatly diminished.

All the Glyph/Custer puzzles and secrets from the earlier games is now gone for good, and while I enjoyed exploring the world in AC3, all sense of challenge was missing.

The overall plot is continued quite a bit in this game, and any time spent outside the Animus is rewarded with revelations of the over-arching story. Although as before - there's no reason to exit the Animus voluntarily, so don't waste your time.

So in conclusion, I liked AC3. I even recommend it. I just wish it felt more like an Assassin's Creed game... and had less cheap-feeling glitches.
  15. May 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. sure its a big game sure its a nice looking game but does that make it a good game hell no to me this almost made this not want to touch black flag with a ten foot pole thankfully i did and it restored my faith in this much beloved series but this pile of crap is short the city's look bland and conner might just be the worst character ever at the start i hated the Templars for burning down his village and all but by the end of the campaign i felt sorry for them it seemed like they were trying to make the world a better place for once in the end waste of time and money Expand
  16. May 11, 2014
    es un juego muy bueno sin duda los que digan que es malo se equivocan es bueno destaca en todo pero no tanto como los otros assassins creed y se retoma lo mejor que caracterizo la saga aparte de la historia
  17. May 8, 2014
    A black mark on a wonderful franchise. I finished the 4 previous titles. AC2 was easily the best, but this game is a huge step back in every regard: very imprecise controls, frustratingly vague mission objectives, the worst combat system of the series, very unintuitive menus, bland main character, and broken stealth. How is it that a game about assassins has broken stealth? The story isA black mark on a wonderful franchise. I finished the 4 previous titles. AC2 was easily the best, but this game is a huge step back in every regard: very imprecise controls, frustratingly vague mission objectives, the worst combat system of the series, very unintuitive menus, bland main character, and broken stealth. How is it that a game about assassins has broken stealth? The story is good, so are the graphics, animations and all the little details that they put in this world. But ultimately, this game is not fun. It was a chore to play which I gave up on about 75% of the way through. AC4 gains some ground over this mess but it too does not reach the heights of AC2. Expand
  18. Apr 4, 2014
    During E3 2012, I was fairly excited to see some Assassin’s Creed 3 gameplay. I felt like the gameplay was decent, and seemed fluent. BUT, when the game came out, I was extremely disappointed.

First off, the fighting system is very to awkward to control. Equipping weapons is made harder than it has to be. Sure it was the same as the previous games, but in ACII, you had the ability to favorite weapons, that way, you could quickly pull out your weapon of choice. Along with tedious-to-equip weapons, response times between button pressed and action carried out is sluggish and unresponsive at times. The game will occasionally flat-out ignore my inputs! These issues, however, are only, if not mainly, affective during combat.

Along with awkward combat, the characters seemed very bland, and static; they had no arch, and remained the same. Don’t get me wrong, some of the characters like Haytham Kenway(protagonist’s father) had interesting histories. However, one of the worst characters is the damn protagonist(Connor Kenway)! He maintained the same tone of voice throughout the game, unless he was yelling, in which he emitted blood-curdling cries. I understood that they tried to make an interesting and persistent character, but if Ubisoft had put a bit more effort into Connor, he would have been a more interesting and memorable character.

In the game, it seemed way too long to even get to the main character, let alone dawn the cloak that makes Connor’s image. I shouldn’t have to invest one hour of gameplay to see the protagonists childhood, THEN play as him. The missions that Archimedes(Connor’s mentor) sends you on are pointless(gameplay-wise, not morally-wise). For example, there is a mission in which Archimedes sends Connor to Boston to acquire supplies for the Homestead. The Homestead is to serve as a safe haven, and a place where the player might invest his/her money into imports and exports. However, these thing are not necessary to complete the game, and don’t make it easier. If anything, the Homestead serves as a distraction from the game.

We once again meet Desmond, the “actual main character,” as he races against time to save the world from the end of the world(12-12-12). “Hang on, what happened to the Templars?” “Oh, he beat ‘em.” “Okay, that’s sorta strange, well why is Desmond seem more whiny?” “To create better character and relate to the player.” “Well, that doesn’t seem to work, why is Desmond’s dad Picard?” “Why not?” “Oh, well, good point.” The game once again throws Desmond at us and says “THIS IS YOUR HERO!” whilst the player struggles through his missions, brows furrowed, asking him/herself, “maybe the game will get better.”

Assassin’s Creed 3 was a decent game, but there are major flaws that keep it from being a great game, or even an Assassin’s Creed milestone. There was an excellent setting(I actually feel like I am in Boston in the year 1777). Overall, Assassin’s Creed 3 is more than definitely not my favorite Assassin’s Creed game.
  19. Mar 23, 2014
    The Assassin's Creed Franchise has never been one that I've been interested in, mainly because I'm not one for stealth games and prefer some more direct, straightforward combat. Some of that may be the reason why it was such a pain in the ass to enjoy this game, but it's not like that I know nothing of the basic fundamentals of sneak. See, the real issue here with "ASS GREED FREE" (as IThe Assassin's Creed Franchise has never been one that I've been interested in, mainly because I'm not one for stealth games and prefer some more direct, straightforward combat. Some of that may be the reason why it was such a pain in the ass to enjoy this game, but it's not like that I know nothing of the basic fundamentals of sneak. See, the real issue here with "ASS GREED FREE" (as I like to call it sometimes) is that the main player character, throughout most of the AC franchise has never had the ability to crouch while sneaking, often being quite out in the open when he's not. I know that may not seem conspicuous when in towns, but when you involve yourself in the NorthEast Americas trudging through the wilderness, you kind of hope to sneak whilst having every enemy notice you. Anyhow, let's start with the story. I played fragments of this game here and there (despite beating it whole), but I'm pretty sure that even if I got to play the game without missing out on particular story elements, it wouldn't help with my overall disinterest in it. Not to mention that a game that is set during the peak of the American Revolution may scream "Interesting", but somehow, it doesn't. WE get a pretty stale template of a main character both in and out of the Animus, the inner being the still snarky and whiny Desmond Miles, and the outer being Connor Kenway, a American-Indian who seems to hold a pretty dismissive opinion about pretty much everything going on around him, about his Father's plea to make truce with the Templars, the stakes of the American Revolution, about his own villages misfortune of being pushed aside for the war, all of it just seems to nod off his shoulder as "meh". The combat and HUD is confused and convoluted, often do you have to go through the entire motion of killing the same guy if you happen to need to counter another or get hit, and some enemies are near impossible to counter at all unless you just exploit Smoke Bombs or Rope Darts, and since the enemies share a universal stealth detection, once one notices you, they all do. The ability to climb trees apart from buildings assumes that the spaceity of the wilderness is more varied, but it merely comes down to copy and pasted trees that are usually force-made to be parkoured across from. The lack of hiding places apart from their always signature hay stacks is also quite abhorrent, not to mention sort of messing with the context of a particular area too. Crafting and Supplies is also confusing, as to how you are able to find the workers you need or the correct side quests to start such, evidently winding down to getting more "Pounds" to upgrade your ship and arm yourself and pretty much nothing more. The only silver lining behind this small disaster is the Ship sections themselves, as you are excitingly pitted against ships as you can almost feel like a pirate (but that, my friends, will be left for the AC 4 Review). Also, why is it that you have to find some secret chest in order to get silver ingots which pretty much are essential for the one thing that is essential? Anyhow, overall this game is a frustrating little mess to get through, with the convoluted combat mechanics to the directionless navigation to the boring narrative structure. Expand
  20. Jan 27, 2014
    This assassins creed has disappointed me a lot, Connor is a character hasn´t have personality, he doesn´t know why he fight. The beginning of the game is slow, the first 4-5 hours are very boring. The game submit much graphical errors, like weapons in levitation, characters that appear suddenly. The combat system has been improved respect over previous releases but yet is still below otherThis assassins creed has disappointed me a lot, Connor is a character hasn´t have personality, he doesn´t know why he fight. The beginning of the game is slow, the first 4-5 hours are very boring. The game submit much graphical errors, like weapons in levitation, characters that appear suddenly. The combat system has been improved respect over previous releases but yet is still below other games like batman arkhan. The gameplay follows the patters of previous deliveries, but have errors, like getting stuck between tress that at times maddening. The story is very poor and how the story end, don´t like all.

good thinks in the game: ship battles, are fun but lack depth.

Only I recommend the game, diehard fans of assassins credd.
  21. Jan 8, 2014
    Although this is not my favorite Assassin's Creed game, it is still a very well made game. AC3 brings players to America during the revolution and does so very well. It tells the personal story of Connor and how he becomes one of the Assassins.

The gameplay is relatively similar to past AC games and does deviate in any worsening direction, but they could have improved the game much more. The background music while traversing the great lands of America is not present like it was in past games when going around Istanbul or Venice.

Graphics-wise, this is the most appealing game I have ever seen on an Assassin's Creed game. So the bottom line is, get this game when you see it in the Bargain Bin.
  22. Dec 22, 2013
    While Assassin's Creed III has great combat, a visually stunning world, and a lot to do, the game has some huge, fatal flaws that detract from the enjoyment. Slow pacing, bad story, and an overwhelming amount of content hold Assassin's Creed III back from the greatness the previous entries achieved.
  23. Dec 21, 2013
    ACIII is a desperate try on Ubisoft's side; a try to be new, refreshing and innovative, a try to be patriotic, heroic and meaningful. I'm not sure what the original story was, but there are so many bugs and issues (honestly, it is so far the most problematic title I have ever laid my hands on) that you can't even get to the core of it. An almost complete abandonment of the legacy of theACIII is a desperate try on Ubisoft's side; a try to be new, refreshing and innovative, a try to be patriotic, heroic and meaningful. I'm not sure what the original story was, but there are so many bugs and issues (honestly, it is so far the most problematic title I have ever laid my hands on) that you can't even get to the core of it. An almost complete abandonment of the legacy of the previous titles, ACIII is surely to make more enemies than friends. Connor has some big shoes to fill after Ezio, and fails miserably, looking more like a spoiled brat than a hero you could identify yourself with. There is a somewhat good game buried in there, but because it's trying too hard to be too many things, and fails as far as simple mechanics is concerned, you have to force yourself to find it enjoyable. Expand
  24. Dec 17, 2013
    To put things in perspective, the only other AC game I have played is the first one. It had flaws, but it was a gorgeous game and it had some good ideas. AC3 is my first AC online experience and I must say that it might be the most fun I've ever had online. The focus on stealth makes for gameplay that is always intense, and getting that sneaky kill after being very patient is veryTo put things in perspective, the only other AC game I have played is the first one. It had flaws, but it was a gorgeous game and it had some good ideas. AC3 is my first AC online experience and I must say that it might be the most fun I've ever had online. The focus on stealth makes for gameplay that is always intense, and getting that sneaky kill after being very patient is very rewarding. I enjoyed the campaign as well (though admittedly I didn't quite finish it). My main complaints with the game are the sometimes inconsistent climbing, the perhaps under-developed sailing sequences, and a few glitches here and there which don't really detract from the gaming experience. Expand
  25. Nov 24, 2013
    It is an okay game I guess but to me it was a real let down for the Assassin's Creed series. The game play was similar to the last game, the graphics were a little more updated, the story had an interesting twist to it, there were some more weapons added to the game, and it had new features. So why was the not as good? To sum it up in one word, Connor. It is, to me, his personality thatIt is an okay game I guess but to me it was a real let down for the Assassin's Creed series. The game play was similar to the last game, the graphics were a little more updated, the story had an interesting twist to it, there were some more weapons added to the game, and it had new features. So why was the not as good? To sum it up in one word, Connor. It is, to me, his personality that makes the game not as fun, he is like the always serious character where that cuts down on some of the fun of watching cut scenes, and I find it harder to understand him, to say it plainly he's not the Ezio Auditore we all know and love. Expand
  26. Nov 20, 2013
    Que decir de unas de las decepciones mas grandes de mi vida, lo anunciaron por todos sitios, publicidad y mas publicidad, para indicar lo que seria el mejor juego de la saga, hoy puedo decir que es de largo peor que el Assassins Creed 2, con eso es suficiente como para saber que Ubisoft se ha cargado una saga, es mas de lo mismo pero peor, repetitivo, sin sentido y absurdo, solo le salvaQue decir de unas de las decepciones mas grandes de mi vida, lo anunciaron por todos sitios, publicidad y mas publicidad, para indicar lo que seria el mejor juego de la saga, hoy puedo decir que es de largo peor que el Assassins Creed 2, con eso es suficiente como para saber que Ubisoft se ha cargado una saga, es mas de lo mismo pero peor, repetitivo, sin sentido y absurdo, solo le salva los graficos y el doblaje, por lo demás, es un juego mas. No lo recomiendo, me gaste 100 euros en la edicion especial y la he vendido, si, ¿porque? Porque es una verguenza como me han engañado, me he sentido estafado, ultrajado, jamás volvere a comprar un Assassins. Expand
  27. Nov 19, 2013
    The game itself is addicting for it's multiplayer and it's campaign, this game much resembles more on killing sprees actually, and the campaign became a large good bloody effort. But overall, the game is much more on killing then stealth where Connor has more abilities and tools to assassinate.
  28. Nov 18, 2013
    Main character is a @#$%^*bag. Can't stand him. He's pretentious, snobby, and with zero substance. Every time he speaks, which is very often as there are too many cutscenes, I roll my eyes. Afraid they might stick that way. Taking back to store.
  29. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Updated new engine which looks absolutely wonderful. Environments, whether change, character models, character movement, are all superb. Although this is the second time they changed the character models, Desmond and the gang look different than in previous games. Nothing really to complain about, they still looked like an upgrade. 10.

Sound: The games theme fits with

Sound: The games theme fits with the time it takes place in (during the American Revolution), and the voice acting is good. 10.

Gameplay: The gameplay has also changed, but it is still somewhat similar but in a good way. No longer do you have to hold x while sprinting. Anyway, the game mechanics now allow for a larger sandbox feel. You can now climb around in trees, hunt animals, and various extras that turn Assassins Creed 3 into the new Skyrim. The combat system is a lot more challenging and feels a lot better than in previous games. Counter takes timing, and stronger foes won't go down just with a counter, you may have to tap x to break their defense first. Still, the combat is still simple once you're used to it. Missions now are a variety, and no longer repetitive. Also, the game adds naval battles, which is really stunning, and they mix it in very well, never making it feel like a chore. 10.

Story: The story unravels quite well, and isn't as predictable. The game still features the main storyline with Desmond, and adds a new animus storyline featuring a Native American named Connor. The games ending is strong, but still in a way that can leave more in the franchise to dish out. Still, it was a superb game from start to finish. Well actually the first 3 or 4 acts were slow, but give the game time, and when it starts it continues to be entertaining. 10.

Lasting Appeal: Buy the game, lasts about 10-12 hours only the story missions, plus theres a bunch of side stories (came with the PS3 version), and extras to collect. 10.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  30. Nov 11, 2013
    Fantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks thatFantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks that don't hamper the game. People also seem to hate the new protagonist called Connor, for some inexplicable reason. They are obviously stuck in the past with love for Ezio (protagonist from the last THREE games, may I add) that they cant fathom a new hero having a different personality and morals, values, passions. They simply don't understand him. Some people have also been complaining about glitches, even though I only encountered a couple small ones (I.e. floating weapon) throughout the whole game (keep in mind no game is perfect and these are miniscule). All in all, the game left me wanting more of Connor even after I completed the game (which took me 20 hours or so including side missions and collectibles). Expand

1. Mar 6, 2013
    The Assassin’s Creed formula of fighting and parkour is starting to get old, even with the ability to climb trees now. Maybe it’s the repetitiveness of the series, or maybe it’s just less interesting to toss crates of tea into the harbour than to hunt and kill corrupt bishops.
  2. Dec 3, 2012
    This review is getting long-winded so let's wrap it up. Assassin's Creed III is the biggest and most ambitious Assassin's Creed title yet, but a few missteps leaves it short of being the series' best. In spite of my excessive nitpicking, Assassin's Creed III is great game and a must-have for any Assassin's fan.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    A great continuation of the Assassin's Creed series because of the strong visuals, gameplay and story. Though it must be said that the story gets somewhat boring towards the end, which leaves a sour taste.